Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The delusion is real today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You all need to stop comparing leach's records at WSU and TT. They didn't play teams like you see week in and week out in the SEC. when he did play teams with that similar talent make up to say... UK or UT... guess what he got beat. Look at his record against Washington just to name one.
    But let's keep throwing time and money to a staff that doesnt recruit and keeps running the same old boring ass offense. This board reminds me croom level blind faith circa 2006-2008.
    A good coach adapts to his talent he has to try and win now not blow up the program. Those guys would coach our roster circles around this shit show of a staff we currently have. It's what Mullen did til he got his guys but in the meantime we won games.
    Y'all wouldn't know good football from
    Bad football if it hit you in the face we just happy to put up 500yds of offense. Fans like you, preach and Quara and why we have this Po Ol mithippi stathe
    GTFOH with that thinking. Demand results in football the way we do in baseball.
    I was at MSU during the Croom years. I watched us get blown out multiple times.

Even Mullen dropped games 45-0 to LSU. He lost to South Alabama. I remember taking my wife to see us play Auburn. We got absolutely killed by halftime absolute complete domination.

Bottom line is other than a few years with Dan we're a 7-9 win team only if we get a break with Ark and Ole Miss being down.

Leach doesn't get scared in big games like Dan. He's of the mindset that if you play hard physical football for 4 quarters you'll win the game. Isn't that what we want in a coach? Unlike Moorhead how had optional workouts.

The plays are there for us to win games. No telling how many points we left off the board this year. We'll be a dang good team when we get over this hump.

If the Air Raid is so bad and as you say won't work against SEC competition then why do they use Air Raid concepts in the NFL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Plus on the Freeze side, you don?t think that dude would want to absolutely stick it to Ole Miss the way they handled that whole situation. Although he may not give us time of day considering it was probably a connection to us how it all came out.
    We're the reason Freeze got fired. There's no way we're picking him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post

Even Mullen dropped games 45-0 to LSU. He lost to South Alabama. I remember taking my wife to see us play Auburn. We got absolutely killed by halftime absolute complete domination.

Bottom line is other than a few years with Dan we're a 7-9 win team only if we get a break with Ark and Ole Miss being down.

Leach doesn't get scared in big games like Dan. He's of the mindset that if you play hard physical football for 4 quarters you'll win the game. Isn't that what we want in a coach? Unlike Moorhead how had optional workouts.

The plays are there for us to win games. No telling how many points we left off the board this year. We'll be a dang good team when we get over this hump.

If the Air Raid is so bad and as you say won't work against SEC competition then why do they use Air Raid concepts in the NFL?
    So glad you were at MSU during croom. I remember Emory felker and Sherrill if we are comparing notes here.
    Yes Dan got beat by USA but never got shut out by LSU but again don't let facts get in the way of your arguments... leach lost to Portland state ,Rutgers, Nevada, Eastern Washington and some bad Oregon state teams while at WSU but I'm sure those teams could have competed in the SEC. You just won't or cant get past being star struck that leach is out coach to fully understand his best days are behind him.

vCash
    People need to forget Freeze. We wouldn't hire him and if he had other options, he wouldn't come anyway. Nobody worth a shit wanted this job in 2020, Our best bet is to hire a coordinator that is a little under the radar and hope he's good enough to get hired away after 3 or 4 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    If we hire Freeze, I will be done with MSU football.
    Yep. My father played football for State; I?m a grad and a lifelong fan. If we hire Freeze, I would not attend or watch another game until he is gone. And I would actively lobby for Keenum and Cohen to be replaced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    So glad you were at MSU during croom. I remember Emory felker and Sherrill if we are comparing notes here.
    Yes Dan got beat by USA but never got shut out by LSU but again don't let facts get in the way of your arguments... leach lost to Portland state ,Rutgers, Nevada, Eastern Washington and some bad Oregon state teams while at WSU but I'm sure those teams could have competed in the SEC. You just won't or cant get past being star struck that leach is out coach to fully understand his best days are behind him.
    Leach lost to U of Washington, WSU's arch rival, 7 straight years. Don't think it will go over too well here if we lose to Ole Miss 7 straight years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Leach lost to U of Washington, WSU's arch rival, 7 straight years. Don't think it will go over too well here if we lose to Ole Miss 7 straight years.
    We may not put up with it after two straight losses. So when people start throwing out what leach did at other stops they never point out that he had some bad losses and now he is the SEC. So again I say. This shit offense won't work here. Not sure how much more some y'all need to see. Our best hope is leach heads to the Keys for good in December. He won't have bowl practice to worry about.

vCash

You just answered your own question. Concepts not pure air raid. See the NFL uses some concepts but no way use pure air raid because it won't work. Using some concepts is good. That is what created the spread option. Mixing concepts of the pure option and passing concepts to be a more balanced offense.

We need some other concepts mixed with air raid to be successful. Leach won't do it.

vCash
    No matter how bad our leadership, we ain't putting up with more than 3 straight losses. Has any MSU coach survived 3 straight losses in egg bowl?

Prediction now - 2022 egg bowl Leach is coaching for his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No matter how bad our leadership, we ain't putting up with more than 3 straight losses. Has any MSU coach survived 3 straight losses in egg bowl?

Leach doesn't strike me as a guy that holds much interest in football rivalries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Leach doesn't strike me as a guy that holds much interest in football at Mississippi state university .
    Fixed it for you

vCash

his future will have been decided one way or another before then, he's either going through the motions (like now) or somehow pulled of a miracle turnaround.

vCash

So I assume you think we will lose to Ole Miss this year. From what I've seen so far, I think you may be correct.

vCash
    So I assume you think we will lose to Ole Miss this year. From what I've seen so far, I think you may be correct.
    Unless another freaky egg bowl happens we won't beat OM this year. But strange things have happened over the years. I'm just going by the product on the field by both teams right now.

So that leaves next year on the road in year 3 of Leach. If we are struggling in year 3 it will be like Croom in 08.

vCash
    ?Leach has been successful at every location he's been at. He's been at schools that traditionally didn't recruit that well and places it's hard to get recruits to come to to begin with.

Leach is perfect for us, you just got to give him time.?

Leach improved worse teams than us to our level and never really improved beyond that. Post Croom, Leach would have been a big improvement, but CDM built us beyond CML?s capacity. We are on a ship sailing in circles, or so it seems.

vCash
    We're the reason Freeze got fired. There's no way we're picking him up.
    Yeah. Doesn't have a lawsuit against Rosebowl? That interview room could be awkward to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. Doesn't have a lawsuit against Rosebowl? That interview room could be awkward to say the least.
    Not only would his faux-religious schtick be annoying as hell (though I'm sure plenty would be snookered by it)...but how desperate/pathetic would we look in the process? Talk about sloppy seconds. **** that.

But there is zero chances of this happening, so no worries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    People need to forget Freeze. We wouldn't hire him and if he had other options, he wouldn't come anyway. Nobody worth a shit wanted this job in 2020, Our best bet is to hire a coordinator that is a little under the radar and hope he's good enough to get hired away after 3 or 4 seasons.
    I do think our fans want someone like Freeze without all of the off the field actics with hookers. Southern/Mississippi guy, runs an up tempo offense that has some option in it which is a must for some of our fans apparently, and has Christian values. Even though Freeze's values are more like a TV preacher I think you get my point.

I disagree about hiring some coordinator. That's really only worked with Dan. The others haven't really worked out in Moorhead and Croom. I think we need to hire someone like Joe Judge and have him be a CEO type coach like Pittman or Orgeron and hire the best coordinators we can. That's essentially what Jackie Sherrill was and that worked pretty well for us too. Maybe someone a little more flexible than Jackie as far as offensive philosophy goes though. Imagine if we had a staff of say Judge, Todd Monken or Jeff Lebby, and Zach Arnett as coordinators?

I just think the coordinator route is really risky in actuality. The only coordinator guys in the SEC are Clark Lea, Kirby Smart who I have no idea how much input he had into Saban's defense really, and Mark Stoops at Kenucky. The rest are either guys with head coaching experience or guys like Beamer and Pittman who are good recruiters that rely on their coordinators for the X's and O's. If we got Judge we would probably get a lot more stability than we had when Dan was here. And after he gets the coordinators he just fills out the staff with elite recruiters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not only would his faux-religious schtick be annoying as hell (though I'm sure plenty would be snookered by it)...but how desperate/pathetic would we look in the process? Talk about sloppy seconds. **** that.

But there is zero chances of this happening, so no worries.
    VERY. And I'm not sold that he can do his thing without cheating like he did at Ole Miss. Sure he has won at Liberty. But has anyone seen their schedule? It's almost programmed with 10 easy wins on it already.

My biggest problem with Freeze as a Christian is how he took things completely out of context at times.

vCash
    I said Freeze due to his ability to push an offense and win. I personally want CML to stay for at least another year. I don’t think he is washed up and just collecting a check. I can see everyone’s frustration here but you have to realize that MSU is in the absolute toughest division in all of football. If you think we will have a coach come in and push for division relevance and titles within 3 years of being here, Cohen has spoiled you, that is not a trolling statement by the way. Cohen is a BASEBALL GUY. He knows baseball and he knew Lemo was a great hire. Now we all know it. State is a baseball school that has occasional good teams in other sports. Alabama is a football school, they can get rid of their other sports and it won’t make a difference. Everyone needs to relax, we are not Alabama in football. We are in Baseball. We were good in basketball but again, look at the Hump, look at DWS, then look at the Dude. That should tell you where out priorities are. Competing in football and basketball and having a good season is icing on the cake. Enjoy it and Hail State.