Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The delusion is real today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    How long we gotta wait this cat out? The guys taking up for him don't understand football abd scheme. Our boys are taking a knife to a gunfight.
    If you honestly think we can just fire Mike Leach after one season and 4 games and expect to have any legitimate options then I don’t know how else to take you.

Let’s see, we fire a coach with TWO WINNING SEASONS (and 2-0 record AGAINST OUR RIVAL) yes, warranted, only to then fire a proven head coach before two seasons…..

Yea, good luck getting anyone to touch our program with an10 foot pole.

Coach34 may legitimately be our only option. (No offense, Coach34)

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The team I saw today looked terrible.
    I left in the 1st quarter. It was bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    If you honestly think we can just fire Mike Leach after one season and 4 games and expect to have any legitimate options then I don?t know how else to take you.

Let?s see, we fire a coach with TWO WINNING SEASONS (and 2-0 record AGAINST OUR RIVAL) yes, warranted, only to then fire a proven head coach before two seasons?..

Yea, good luck getting anyone to touch our program with an10 foot pole.

Coach34 may legitimately be our only option. (No offense, Coach34)
    You have a skewed view of the coaching fraternity. Word got out how bad SloMo was running our program. Coaches can see that well they tried the AIR raid and it didn't work. It's not like they look at the job and say who wants that job they fire you after 2 years. Also in this big $$ win now era we are in coached know you better get it at least going in the right direction in year two. I'll give you names that we could hire for 5MM tomorrow
    Blake Anderson
    Jeff Traylor
    Bill Clark
    Dave Clawsom
    Gus Malzahn
    Freeze
    Will Healey
    I got more names that would be a better cultural fit than what we have now.
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 09-26-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    486 (the best of the Leach Era, minus Costello's one magical afternoon) is terrible?

It's a strange day to complain about the offense when it was the defense who let us down and cost the game.
    Exactly
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You have a skewed view of the coaching fraternity. Word got out how bad SloMo was running our program. Coaches can see that well they tried the AIR raid and it didn't work. It's not like they look at the job and say who wants that job they fire you after 2 years. Also in this big $$ win now era we are in coached know you better get it at least going in the right direction in year two. I'll give you names that we could hire for 5MM tomorrow
    Blake Anderson
    Jeff Traylor
    Bill Clark
    Dave Clawsom
    Gus Malzahn
    Freeze
    Will Healey
    There's no such thing as a "cultural fit" outside of feelings.

vCash
    486 (the best of the Leach Era, minus Costello's one magical afternoon) is terrible?

It's a strange day to complain about the offense when it was the defense who let us down and cost the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I can't take this serious. Good gracious, no wonder I disagree with so many people on message boards. I don't care if we have a thousand yards of offense, if there's no points correlating to it, it means Jack squat.
    Have to agree with CD here. The bolded statement looks like a Croom quote.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I have no problem with our fans being positive, but I just don?t see it as rational thought to think our offense turned a corner when we scored 3 points in the first 8 drives.

We scored 4 more points than Central Michigan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I have no problem with our fans being positive, but I just don?t see it as rational thought to think our offense turned a corner when we scored 3 points in the first 8 drives.

We scored 4 more points than Central Michigan.
    Vs la tech, we scored less than SELa and smu

Vs memphis, we scored less than ark st and utsa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Blake Anderson
    Jeff Traylor
    Bill Clark
    Dave Clawsom
    Gus Malzahn
    Freeze
    Will Healey
    I find it hilarious you think you're going to pick up a home run hire out of those.

They would have to revamp the entire offense and our current DC probably doesn't stay. Then you're rebuilding again. How long do you give that coach? Fire them after 2-3 years. Prepare for SEC West doormat for the foreseeable future.

Leach has been successful at every location he's been at. He's been at schools that traditionally didn't recruit that well and places it's hard to get recruits to come to to begin with.

Leach is perfect for us, you just got to give him time.

Look at how Texas Tech and Washington State are doing now without Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Have to agree with CD here. The bolded statement looks like a Croom quote.
    Did Croom ever put up 486 yards in an SEC game? (Yes, once, in a loss to Arkansas in 2007. And it wasn't the offense's fault we lost that game either.)

In games 3-6 last year were we averaged 220 yards and 7 points per game, it was absolutely the offense's fault. But when you have 486 yards and the defense gives up 3 catastrophic chunk scoring plays in a 3-point loss, it is by definition not the offense's fault. You can still be mad/upset about the result (believe me, no one on this board is more upset about the game than me), but that doesn't mean we should assign blame to the wrong unit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    This! We are averaging 15.5 points per game at the end of the 3rd qtr. We're padding stats in the 4th when down 2 or 3 scores.
    This all day. Out of a total of 113 points score this season, 51 have come in the 4th quarter. Usually when we are behind. I just don't think Leach has ever played with the over all talent and speed in the SEC. I know he was an asset. at Kentucky but that was a while back.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Anybody that thinks right now is even close to as bad as anything during the Croom era is idiotic.

Today was a game full of mistakes, but I thought it was obvious we are a better team than LSU. Dropped passes, blown coverages, and untimely penalties absolutely sunk us.

We moved the ball effectively most of the day, but stalled in the red zone several times. This was always some concern for me with Leach's offense. Defense let us down too though. We had 2 plays that their receivers were running wide open down the field. It was bad. Lastly, the personal foul on the punt at the beginning of the fourth quarter was detrimental. The players have to have better situational awareness.

All in all that was an extremely frustrating loss, but I think we can be a pretty solid team if we can minimize the mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The D gave up two plays that is it. Our O has 2 awful plays every series.

The O again basically gave them one TD. You Leach stat lovers, look at the stats. We should have scored 45. That ain't on D.
    What a silly statement. If a QB goes 27-30 but throws 3 pick 6's he didn't have a good game even though he only had 3 bad plays.

The defense let us down, but all negativity is focused on Leach. Arnett deserves some blame too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    I find it hilarious you think you're going to pick up a home run hire out of those.

They would have to revamp the entire offense and our current DC probably doesn't stay. Then you're rebuilding again. How long do you give that coach? Fire them after 2-3 years. Prepare for SEC West doormat for the foreseeable future.

Leach has been successful at every location he's been at. He's been at schools that traditionally didn't recruit that well and places it's hard to get recruits to come to to begin with.

Leach is perfect for us, you just got to give him time.

Look at how Texas Tech and Washington State are doing now without Leach.
    You all need to stop comparing leach's records at WSU and TT. They didn't play teams like you see week in and week out in the SEC. when he did play teams with that similar talent make up to say... UK or UT... guess what he got beat. Look at his record against Washington just to name one.
    But let's keep throwing time and money to a staff that doesnt recruit and keeps running the same old boring ass offense. This board reminds me croom level blind faith circa 2006-2008.
    A good coach adapts to his talent he has to try and win now not blow up the program. Those guys would coach our roster circles around this shit show of a staff we currently have. It's what Mullen did til he got his guys but in the meantime we won games.
    Y'all wouldn't know good football from
    Bad football if it hit you in the face we just happy to put up 500yds of offense. Fans like you, preach and Quara and why we have this Po Ol mithippi stathe
    GTFOH with that thinking. Demand results in football the way we do in baseball.

vCash
    Did Croom ever put up 486 yards in an SEC game? (Yes, once, in a loss to Arkansas in 2007. And it wasn't the offense's fault we lost that game either.)

In games 3-6 last year were we averaged 220 yards and 7 points per game, it was absolutely the offense's fault. But when you have 486 yards and the defense gives up 3 catastrophic chunk scoring plays in a 3-point loss, it is by definition not the offense's fault. You can still be mad/upset about the result (believe me, no one on this board is more upset about the game than me), but that doesn't mean we should assign blame to the wrong unit.
    This is flat out Wrong. The offense dug the defense such a damn holeby not showing up for 3 quarters, that the defense was probably gassed and defeated. You think Arnett makes the same play calls in a game we're down 3 in versus a game we're down 18 in and our offense hasn't had a pulse? And do you think LSU's defense was playing as hard and not playing somewhat of a prevent once they got up by 10+ in the 3rd quarter? It's only natural for players to soften up when they know they have the game in the bag, so that's part of why we score more easily late when we're getting blown out. Part of it is taking more shots downfield, the other part is softer coverage and bigger windows bc the D isn't allowing anything behind them.

Wake up man. Blaming the defense for yesterday's loss is insane if you actually watched it and saw the flow of the game.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 09-26-2021 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This is flat out Wrong. The offense dug the defense such a damn joke by not showing up for 3 quarters, that the defense was probably gassed and defeated. You think Arnett makes the same play calls in a game we're down 3 in versus a game we're down 18 in and our offense hasn't had a pulse? And do you think LSU's defense was playing as hard and not playing somewhat of a prevent once they got up by 10+ in the 3rd quarter? It's only natural for players to soften up when they know they have the game in the bag, so that's part of why we score more easily late when we're getting blown out. Part of it is taking more shots downfield, the other part is softer coverage and bigger windows bc the D isn't allowing anything behind them.

Wake up man. Blaming the defense for yesterday's loss is insane if you actually watched it and saw the flow of the game.
    Lots here will assign blame everywhere but leach and will.

vCash
    I am all for giving CML sometime and not jumping the gun just yet, but he does need to improve to stay. With that being said, I would personally love to see us get Freeze. Past transgressions be what they are, that dude is a flat out good coach and heck of a recruiter. Once he figures out the NIL stuff, he is going to take off with it and you know he can compete in SEC.

I think give CML this year and next at least but if it shows not to take go after Freeze. Those of you I know will go nuts on me saying this but, BUT YOU ALL ARE WANTING TO WIN NOW AND FREEZE WILL.

vCash
    Going to be a hard pass for me on GUS though.

vCash
    Plus on the Freeze side, you don’t think that dude would want to absolutely stick it to Ole Miss the way they handled that whole situation. Although he may not give us time of day considering it was probably a connection to us how it all came out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I am all for giving CML sometime and not jumping the gun just yet, but he does need to improve to stay. With that being said, I would personally love to see us get Freeze. Past transgressions be what they are, that dude is a flat out good coach and heck of a recruiter. Once he figures out the NIL stuff, he is going to take off with it and you know he can compete in SEC.

I think give CML this year and next at least but if it shows not to take go after Freeze. Those of you I know will go nuts on me saying this but, BUT YOU ALL ARE WANTING TO WIN NOW AND FREEZE WILL.
    If we hire Freeze, I will be done with MSU football.