Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm surprised by how negative the board is right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    On the surface yes, but I think they had a huge head start due to not doing a 180 scheme wise & running a more power running type style that is much easier to execute.

I think we pass them by early next season or later this season. I think our style has a much higher ceiling
    Maybe but what I've seen spouted on this board as well on the broadcasts of our games was what year 2 looks like everywhere Leach has been and the drastic improvement that is made. I'm not seeing that on the field. Maybe he turns it around and we start lighting up the scoreboard but whether or not his schemes ceiling is higher or not, he's not going to have the time to reach that ceiling if things don't improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    After a while- ?we keep coming back? starts to look like ?they?re letting us complete passes because it?s over?. Is it purely coincidence that the only time we can score is at the end of the game?
    If LSU, Memphis, and in particular LaTech let us score because they were ahead, then their entire team and coaching staff is a bunch of dumbasses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    MSU is averaging 22 pts a game over the last 11 SEC games. Arkansas in the same period is averaging 24 pts a game and just beat the #7 ranked team by 10 pts. They look like they are going in a much better direction than we are right now.
    And we averaged 21.25 over JoeMo's 16 SEC games and 23.5 in ******* last 8

Our offense hasn't been ready for SEC prime time since 2014.

vCash
    When coaches feel their lead is big enough, many go conservative. Eliminating almost all risk on offensive play calling and looking to minimize any momentum giving quick strikes on defense. You know this. Does it occasionally bite them- yes, but to act as if O was disappointed leaving with a 3 point win vs a 10 point win is silly. He was happy to let us chip away at what he felt was an insurmountable lead knowing that we would use up too much clock to complete it. He remembered last year and was happy considering their injuries to just leave DWS with the W. He got to wain to the media of how his leadership helped his team beat a really good team and say Go Tigahs.
    I can appreciate your enthusiasm, Heaven knows I could use it, but this seems like sunshine pumping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Maybe but what I've seen spouted on this board as well on the broadcasts of our games was what year 2 looks like everywhere Leach has been and the drastic improvement that is made. I'm not seeing that on the field. Maybe he turns it around and we start lighting up the scoreboard but whether or not his schemes ceiling is higher or not, he's not going to have the time to reach that ceiling if things don't improve.
    We're currently ahead of the improvement that Washington State made in year two from a yards per play & yards per game standpoint.

We are making massive improvements, but they're not showing up on the scoreboard because we're stupid & sabotage ourselves.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We're currently ahead of the improvement that Washington State made in year two from a yards per play & yards per game standpoint.

We are making massive improvements, but they're not showing up on the scoreboard because we're stupid & sabotage ourselves.
    This aint the Pac-10. This is the SEC

Teams are giving us 300 yards per game playing prevent for 90% of the game. Yards will be there week after week. We can complete the ball on the checkdown to the RB anytime we want. We completed 18 of them today as usual. We gonna get yards.

Where are the points before the 4th Q when we are behind by double digit points? Its not a coincidence we have trailed La Tech, Memphis, and LSU by Double digits in the 4th. Thats not ****ing progress
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Well can't wait til we play Oregon state, Arizona, cal Berkeley!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Teams are giving us 300 yards per game playing prevent for 90% of the game. Yards will be there week after week. We can complete the ball on the checkdown to the RB anytime we want. We completed 18 of them today as usual. We gonna get yards.

Where are the points before the 4th Q when we are behind be double digit points? Its not a coincidence we have trailed La Tech, Memphis, and LSU by Double digits in the 4th. Thats not ****ing progress
    But but but stats coach see our stats. We gettin better cuz dem stats. See....

vCash

Where are the points before the 4th Q when we are behind by double digit points? Its not a coincidence we have trailed La Tech, Memphis, and LSU by Double digits in the 4th. Thats not ****ing progress
    Don't bring facts in here to all rainbow/unicorn opinions of how good we are. Stats is what wins games, don't you know. Vegas bets on yards don't they or first downs.

The whole stats argument actually makes what we are doing more pathetic. Any other average coaching staff who has our stats wins the games comfortably. That is just a testiment to how bad we are.

vCash

I see growth man. Let's see where things are at the end of the year.

LSU's defense looked the same as Memphis' defense to me. This offense forces team into a 1 or 2 defensive schemes & all we have to do is execute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    But but but stats coach see our stats. We gettin better cuz dem stats. See....
    Yeah because teams with 500 yards of offense typically aren't any good*

Our offensive scheme was light year's better than LSU's

vCash

LSU's defense looked the same as Memphis' defense to me. This offense forces team into a 1 or 2 defensive schemes & all we have to do is execute.
    Every O will work if they execute. That is every team that loses problem. We just like every other loser.

vCash

Our D is way better than LSU too so hard to compare.

vCash
    We will never execute against a prevent D. Our QB will continue to throw checkdowns and the RB's will keep getting blown up. Defenses will change a little at the 20 and force a turnover or FG time and again. Get ready for it week after week

vCash
    Please tell us what the coaching staff at Natchez High School would do?

vCash

Teams that play against a 3-8 prevent D should average 500 yards a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieharddawg View Post
    Please tell us what the coaching staff at Natchez High School would do?
    Average over 30 PPG like we did last year in only 48 minutes vs 60 minutes in college football

vCash
    We will never execute against a prevent D. Our QB will continue to throw checkdowns and the RB's will keep getting blown up. Defenses will change a little at the 20 and force a turnover or FG time and again. Get ready for it week after week
    Are we not scoring against prevent Ds in the 4th quarters?

vCash

We don't have the QB right now to carve up a drop 8 zone. Maybe Will gets there but I doubt it. Leach needs to help out Will and have a run game to mix in. As long as they are rushing 3 we run the ball.

vCash
    Teams that play against a 3-8 prevent D should average 500 yards a game.
    LSU went to a 4 man rush because we kept running the ball.

They spend the 4th quarter rushing 4

I'm just as frustrated as you, but I do think we're getting better fast, even if it's not being converted into big points yet