Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm surprised by how negative the board is right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We don't have the QB right now to carve up a drop 8 zone. Maybe Will gets there but I doubt it. Leach needs to help out Will and have a run game to mix in. As long as they are rushing 3 we run the ball.
    I agree we don't have the right QB. Not going to debate that
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are we not scoring against prevent Ds in the 4th quarters?
    I'll talk more about this tomorrow but actually no. LSU since they were up 18 in the 4th started trying some other shit and got burned doing it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    LSU went to a 4 man rush because we kept running the ball.

They spend the 4th quarter rushing 4

I'm just as frustrated as you, but I do think we're getting better fast, even if it's not being converted into big points yet
    LSU played more 4-1 in the 4th but they still played some 3-8. They were trying some other shit because the DC was bored out of his mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'll talk more about this tomorrow but actually no. LSU since they were up 18 in the 4th started trying some other shit and got burned doing it
    Looks like they started rushing 4

From what I see, the offense works well between the 20 but we need some red zone adjustments

vCash
    LSU played more 4-1 in the 4th but they still played some 3-8. They were trying some other shit because the DC was bored out of his mind
    Did La Tech & Memphis do the same in the 4th because the DC got bored?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    This bud how I measure improvement and direction of the program.... pay attention

W=wins Anything else is bull shit. If I pay a coach 5MM a year his ass better win in year 2.
    5 million a year is just the price to play poker. Tired of hearing everyone mention this. It's the cost of doing business in the sec now a days.

vCash
    And how many games did y’all win? Playing against how many quality teams? And how far did y’all go in the playoffs?

vCash
    Did La Tech & Memphis do the same in the 4th because the DC got bored?
    Yes. Why teams get away from the 2 high late in games puzzles me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieharddawg View Post
    And how many games did y’all win? Playing against how many quality teams? And how far did y’all go in the playoffs?
    my job was to score and control the clock when asked. Thats what I controlled
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-26-2021 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    So teams play prevent the entire game against us cause we cant move the ball against it. But when we do move the ball its because the defense went to prevent? Im not following the logic.

vCash
    I’m back in on Leach for now.

While his offense goes against everything I think about offensive scheme and play calling, I like the way his team plays hard.

We are sloppy and undisciplined right now and maybe that is a function of youth.

All this yap about he won’t change and this offense is shit is in my opinion premature and just the talk of upset fans.

With that being said, this is a QB driven Offense and we better coach up the current dude or find a new one quick.
    Sometimes you eat the bear...sometimes the bear eats you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes, it sucks really, really bad that we lost the game, especially after playing well enough to win except on a couple of breakdown plays, but I'm not seeing all the negativity here as warranted. It seems like today was a step in the right direction.
    • Offensively we played well enough to win, racking up 486 yards and 29 first downs on a much more talented defense than we've seen all season. That's the most yards we've had during the Leach Era, other than Costello's 623 yard stomping of LSU in game 1.
    • More importantly, we threw it down the field more than we've been doing. Austin Williams is figuring out how to get open in the drop 8 and make plays, and Makai Polk is establishing himself as a reliable go-to guy. We haven't clicked yet, but we may go way beyond 486 once we do - we certainly could have today with better execution.
    • We ran the ball more today, by both attempts and yardage. This offense will be even better when we're running for 100 yards each game.
    • Both the OL and DL played better.
    • The defense ... was mostly solid, but had not 1, not 2, but 3 absolute disasters that all led to TDs. Clean that up, and the game resembles our 2017 game with them.

Anyway, I'm in a bad mood that we should have won and blew it, but given the strength of opponent, and how last year + the first 3 games of this year went, I don't think a meltdown is warranted, at least not from a perspective of "I told you the Air Raid can't win SEC games!!!" since the offense was more than good enough to get the win and we're moving in the direction that the same people have clamored to move.

I think a lot of people just never liked Leach and are eager to complain about him any time we lose, regardless of how the game actually went.
    Thank goodness for a rational post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    So teams play prevent the entire game against us cause we cant move the ball against it. .
    Teams play Prevent against us to avoid the big plays like LSU did against us today. They know we wont exploit it by running the ball. They know we will move the ball against the Prevent. They expect us to turn the ball over, get penalties, or stop us before we score on them. And they are usually right playing us that way

vCash
    I’m sure you are a good coach. But don’t be a me guy.

vCash
    Gotcha.

vCash
    Teams play Prevent against us to avoid the big plays like LSU did against us today. They know we wont exploit it by running the ball. They know we will move the ball against the Prevent. They expect us to turn the ball over, get penalties, or stop us before we score on them. And they are usually right playing us that way
    What happens when we clean up the mistakes though? Teams content with us scoring every drive? Not saying Im in love with the scheme but I see a team that mostly beats itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    So teams play prevent the entire game against us cause we cant move the ball against it. But when we do move the ball its because the defense went to prevent? Im not following the logic.
    The entire deal is confusing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boya View Post
    I’m back in on Leach for now.

While his offense goes against everything I think about offensive scheme and play calling, I like the way his team plays hard.

We are sloppy and undisciplined right now and maybe that is a function of youth.

All this yap about he won’t change and this offense is shit is in my opinion premature and just the talk of upset fans.

With that being said, this is a QB driven Offense and we better coach up the current dude or find a new one quick.
    Great post

vCash
    You’d think we would get better at this as our QB and WRs get more experience in this scheme.

I’d be curious if DCs played Leach the exact same way at Wazzou and Tech until the team showed they could beat it. Then the offense took off because defenses had to do different things.

vCash
    We had more rushing yards than LSU today.

Take away the defense sleeping on 2 of their plays and the dumb special teams penalty and we win.

Take away the awful punt return against Memphis and we're 4-0.

The only thing keeping this team from progressing is them.