Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think We're Close to Being Really Good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I see bright spots every now and then. I think we look better than last year but that's not saying much.
    The stupid plays have to stop though.
    I tend to agree. One thing we need to stop doing immediately is gift wrapping a turnover for points on the first possession of the game. I'm still not sold on Will being the guy. His decision making is not good.

vCash
    Leach has surely made some mistakes along the way but today's game was not on Leach or scheme. Today's game was as much of a players loss as any I've seen. Heaths fumble, Wills int in red zone, Will overthrowing a wide open Heath for a td, huge drops
    By Walley, Thomas and Calvin, missed fg, DA penalty on the punt team, Preston and Green not covering the deep middle. Leach called right plays today and we even ran the ball more with success and even ran tempo in first half. Players at some point have to make the plays and the coaching staff put them In those positions today and players didn't make plays. Leach may not be the answer but players eventually have to step up and today they didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I tend to agree. One thing we need to stop doing immediately is gift wrapping a turnover for points on the first possession of the game. I'm still not sold on Will being the guy. His decision making is not good.
    That's my biggest long term frustration right now.

I don't think Will is THE GUY & that means we're wasting time not giving THE GUY reps
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Leach has surely made some mistakes along the way but today's game was not on Leach or scheme. Today's game was as much of a players loss as any I've seen. Heaths fumble, Wills int in red zone, Will overthrowing a wide open Heath for a td, huge drops
    By Walley, Thomas and Calvin, missed fg, DA penalty on the punt team, Preston abs Green not covering the deep middle. Leach called right plays today and we even ran more with success and even ran tempo in first half. Players at some point have to make the plays and the coaching staff put them In those positions today and players didn't make plays. Leach may not be the answer but players eventually have to step up and today they didn't.
    Good thoughts.

The biggest reason I want to stay with this offense is that it seems to neuter blue blood defenses. They're uncomfortable against it & they all play the same vs it.

At some point, it would seem that we'll master playing vs defense that'll lead to wins vs everyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I know that's not popular, but thus far we've seen drastic offensive improvement since last year & there are still wide open plays we're not making.

- Believe our QB limits us but he's getting better. Gotta be willing to slang it earlier in the game.

- Special teams surely learns all the rules here soon.

- 1st year FG kicker cost us at least a tie

- Every offensive stat has improved by almost 30% since last season thus far.

I'm frustrated but, minus seeing the future QB on the field (Dak), this season reminds me an awful lot of 2013. Again, won't be as good as 2014 next year because we haven't found our QB yet, but we're progressing quickly on the stat sheet.

It's not near as bad as you guys are making it. I think we beat A&M next week
    Ding ding ding.

I'm not willing to say we beat Aggie next week, but it's a one score game like all of them

vCash
    Shouldn't you guys revert to complaining about the OL splits?

or does that not matter anymore?

You guys just make shit up & have no idea what this offense is about.

This staff needs to win more games, but I think there is blatant evidence that we're headed that way
    We did the main complaints - ran a lot more than in previous game and threw it down the field more, and also had our 2nd most yardage and 3rd most points of the Leach Era, and people are still saying how they don't like the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    By Walley, Thomas and Calvin, missed fg, DA penalty on the punt team, Preston and Green not covering the deep middle. Leach called right plays today and we even ran the ball more with success and even ran tempo in first half. Players at some point have to make the plays and the coaching staff put them In those positions today and players didn't make plays. Leach may not be the answer but players eventually have to step up and today they didn't.
    Good post CC24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We did the main complaints - ran a lot more than in previous game and threw it down the field more, and also had our 2nd most yardage and 3rd most points of the Leach Era, and people are still saying how they don't like the offense.
    And we eliminated the penalties today and the OL play is so much better this year. Lsu has been a sack machine this year and Will stayed pretty clean today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The offense is clearly going to work. I don't even see a basis for that complaint. We're only going to get better at WR & QB

vCash
    The offense is clearly going to work. I don't even see a basis for that complaint. We're only going to get better at WR & QB
    People just like the idea of smash-mouth running between the tackles and consider Leach's approach to be apostasy. And a lot of people here just don't like him personally. I know this because I spent 15 years praising him here and the other boards, and few people ever agreed with me.

And it's fine for people to have whatever opinions they want on what the most aesthetically pleasing style of football is, or a personal opinion on Mike Leach, but today's not the day to proclaim the Air Raid "can't work in the SEC" or that they "told us so."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Good post CC24.
    It's just to early to declare Leach a failure. I'm gonna let the season play out and see how we wind up and improve or not. I think we improve because we're already better than last year but we'll see.

vCash
    I know that's not popular, but thus far we've seen drastic offensive improvement since last year & there are still wide open plays we're not making.

- Believe our QB limits us but he's getting better. Gotta be willing to slang it earlier in the game.

I'm frustrated but, minus seeing the future QB on the field (Dak), this season reminds me an awful lot of 2013. Again, won't be as good as 2014 next year because we haven't found our QB yet, but we're progressing quickly on the stat sheet.

We are about to go 4-8 AT BEST. This is a completely foreseeable disaster. His scheme requires players that are not in our realistic recruiting base. We can't fire him yet, but we damn sure can fire his boss. The boss can NOT be allowed to make another football hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We are about to go 4-8 AT BEST. This is a completely foreseeable disaster. His scheme requires players that are not in our realistic recruiting base. We can't fire him yet, but we damn sure can fire his boss. The boss can NOT be allowed to make another football hire.
    I just don't see this at all. Sorry

vCash

Yes, but can we beat MSU? We play TWO opponents each Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTFXR View Post
    Yes, but can we beat MSU? We play TWO opponents each Saturday.
    I don't know if we can beat MSU.

Reminds me of Cohen's team in 2011 or 2012

vCash
    Just beat OM.

vCash
    lmao -wow.

This game was never in doubt.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lmao -wow.

Agree to disagree. I respect your opinion, but you were complaining about splits not long ago.

I realize this offense isn't your cup of tea, but all statistical evidence shows it's right on course for what Leach has always done

vCash
    lmao -wow.

That's the best you can do?

vCash
    lmao -wow.

I respect most of your football takes but I take everything you say with a grain of salt after you wanted Jeremy asparagus pruit as our head coach.