Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think We're Close to Being Really Good

vCash
    We?ll never be better than close enough in this system. It will always struggle against the top half teams in the conference because of its inability to get tough yardage when needed, specifically inside the red zone. Im more amazed that people cant see that and are holding out hope that the next week will turn the corner.

Yards between the 20s dont matter to opposing Defesive coordinators, points on the scoreboard do. And right now they know we are going to keep doing the same thing over and over and over. And it really does not matter who the QB is or how much we upgrade the talent level. If the defense knows whats coming every play, then we are screwed and playing with two hands tied behind our back.

vCash
    We should be 4-0 right now. We actually beat Memphis, and should have beat LSU (missed FG, turnovers killed us). The only sure win left is Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Shotgun declares we are good, improving, etc before games or after games.

Shotgun sees we are terrible in-game, and declares we suck.

Never ending cycle...
    Yep psycho view for sure. Fans with that kind of insight are why we suck as a program. Gun is probably one of our cigar boys creating this crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We should be 4-0 right now. We actually beat Memphis, and should have beat LSU (missed FG, turnovers killed us). The only sure win left is Vanderbilt.
    How did we beat Memphis? We were still losing before the punt return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We should be 1-3... but yeah, we're close. Lol
    What kind of spin do you have to put on the Louisiana Tech game to say we "should" have lost it, without also having to argue that we "should" have beaten Memphis and LSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    What kind of spin do you have to put on the Louisiana Tech game to say we "should" have lost it, without also having to argue that we "should" have beaten Memphis and LSU?
    We trailed all 3 in the 4th by double digits

vCash
    The fact is we are not good to this point. We can clean up some of the controllables that have hampered us however we will not consistently win with our current QB. Until that changes, we simply are not going to win many games. It’s very disappointing. Looking forward to basketball and baseball at this stage and we’ll hope Leach pulls someone from the portal for next season.

vCash
    We trailed all 3 in the 4th by double digits
    Good thing the 4th quarter has 15 minutes in it, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Good thing the 4th quarter has 15 minutes in it, right?
    Yeah, we lost 2 of the 3

vCash
    Some people are just gonna need another week or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Some people are just gonna need another week or two.
    They'll just convince themselves over and over. They'd be doing the same dumb crap if Moorhead were still here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I completely agree Shotgun. We have talent. We whipped LSU on the lines today for the majority of the game.

Stupid roughing the kicker, missed FG, 3 turnovers, and a number of dropped passes.

And we still only lose by 3 to LSU. They aren't good but we aren't bad. QB is holding us back right now.
    We won every statistic but total points! I know that sounds like a moral victory but we're young with a new coach and I think we'll get better. Been a fan for 45+ years and I've seen much worse.

vCash
    Yeah, we lost 2 of the 3
    I know. But all points are the same, no matter which minute they're scored in. If all 3 games started with us getting way up in the 1st quarter and either blowing it in the end or barely scraping it out, is it any different?

vCash
    I see bright spots every now and then. I think we look better than last year but that's not saying much.
    The stupid plays have to stop though.

vCash
    we're terrible at winning games, but we're not terrible at many of the most important things that should win games
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with shotgun. There is absolutely zero doubt that we have improved dramatically offensively over last year.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    we're terrible at winning games, but we're not terrible at many of the most important things that should win games
    This
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Shouldn't you guys revert to complaining about the OL splits?

or does that not matter anymore?

You guys just make shit up & have no idea what this offense is about.

This staff needs to win more games, but I think there is blatant evidence that we're headed that way

vCash
    The past 1.5 year shows me a few trends/

1) on offensive we are 99% qb dependent and that?s becoming a tend in college football. First Costello was light out, then a pick 6 machine. Will shows the ability to keep us in games and move the ball at times but film shows his ultra conservative nature is missing a lot of bigger throws. Then the last 2 we?ve had some key misfires with open guys. Put simply we are solid at qb, but to be a good team these days you need above average play there and we aren?t there yet.

2) Penalties and special team mistakes. Teams with average talent can?t withstand these in bunches. Against La tech and NC State the ST unitd made huge plays that boosted us. The last two weeks they have made huge mistakes that had significant game impacts.

3) Giving up explosive plays in bunches. Our secondary is better this year and every defense is going to give up some big plays but we tend to have games where we give up 4+ Long passes and today was one of those.

Seems any game we have problems in 2 of these areas it?s really hard for us to win and most games at least 2 of these are showing up.

Simply put right now we are doing more little
    things wrong than right most games and we don?t have a big enough talent advantage to overcome it.

It?s frustrating as all get out to watch but we are close to being a pretty decent team. I know close doesn?t count so we?ve got to determine if this is mostly a youth problem or a coaching problem. I don?t think we get the answer until next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The past 1.5 year shows me a few trends/

1) on offensive we are 99% qb dependent and that?s becoming a tend in college football. First Costello was light out, then a pick 6 machine. Will shows the ability to keep us in games and move the ball at times but film shows his ultra conservative nature is missing a lot of bigger throws. Then the last 2 we?ve had some key misfires with open guys. Put simply we are solid at qb, but to be a good team these days you need above average play there and we aren?t there yet.

2) Penalties and special team mistakes. Teams with average talent can?t withstand these in bunches. Against La tech and NC State the ST unitd made huge plays that boosted us. The last two weeks they have made huge mistakes that had significant game impacts.

3) Giving up explosive plays in bunches. Our secondary is better this year and every defense is going to give up some big plays but we tend to have games where we give up 4+ Long passes and today was one of those.

Seems any game we have problems in 2 of these areas it?s really hard for us to win and most games at least 2 of these are showing up.

Simply put right now we are doing more little
    things wrong than right most games and we don?t have a big enough talent advantage to overcome it.

It?s frustrating as all get out to watch but we are close to being a pretty decent team. I know close doesn?t count so we?ve got to determine if this is mostly a youth problem or a coaching problem. I don?t think we get the answer until next year.
    I think we do some damage down the stretch. We're learning the hard way on everything, but we're learning