Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think We're Close to Being Really Good

vCash

I think We're Close to Being Really Good

I know that's not popular, but thus far we've seen drastic offensive improvement since last year & there are still wide open plays we're not making.

- Believe our QB limits us but he's getting better. Gotta be willing to slang it earlier in the game.

- Special teams surely learns all the rules here soon.

- 1st year FG kicker cost us at least a tie

- Every offensive stat has improved by almost 30% since last season thus far.

I'm frustrated but, minus seeing the future QB on the field (Dak), this season reminds me an awful lot of 2013. Again, won't be as good as 2014 next year because we haven't found our QB yet, but we're progressing quickly on the stat sheet.

It's not near as bad as you guys are making it. I think we beat A&M next week
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Shotgun, I have enjoyed reading your comments in all sports over the years. I really have. But damn, son, I'm speechless at this one.

This is a Charlie Foxtrot of magnanimous proportions.

vCash
    I completely agree Shotgun. We have talent. We whipped LSU on the lines today for the majority of the game.

Stupid roughing the kicker, missed FG, 3 turnovers, and a number of dropped passes.

And we still only lose by 3 to LSU. They aren't good but we aren't bad. QB is holding us back right now.

vCash
    Nothing like delusional optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

vCash
    We had scored three points until the final minute of the third quarter against a pretty average LSU defense without their best players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Shotgun, I have enjoyed reading your comments in all sports over the years. I really have. But damn, son, I'm speechless at this one.

This is a Charlie Foxtrot of magnanimous proportions.
    I don't agree. We're a stupid team, not a terrible one.

We could use some adjustments in the red zone to become a more power running team, but I think this is going to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Nothing like delusional optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    486 yards & doubling up LSU on 1st downs, while missing a FG, dropping a TD (Heath), & giving LSU 3 points on a fumble & 7 on a punt penalty isn't exactly overwhelming evidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We had scored three points until the final minute of the third quarter against a pretty average LSU defense without their best players.
    We've certainly got to learn to finish drives, but our yardage was pretty good at that point. Also, what happens after that matters

vCash
    I agree. This team is learning what it takes to be winners, taking their lumps. We?re beating ourselves, eventually we?ll stop doing that and develop a culture of winners. I suspect by the last month of the season we?re all going to very excited about next season with Leach at the helm.

vCash
    We are terrible. We face the same defense every week for the last year and can't average 60 points. Any legitimate coach would love that opportunity to know what the other team is going to do. It's the equivalent of failing an open book test with every question known.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We are terrible. We face the same defense every week for the last year and can't average 60 points. Any legitimate coach would love that opportunity.
    Exactly. The fact that we face the same defense every week & we're getting better against, shows exactly what's going to happen soon.

This is it. Playing LSU is the same playing Memphis is the same as playing Ole Miss, etc.

It's about us, not the other team.

We're terrible because we're dumb, not because we aren't capable

vCash
    We should be 1-3... but yeah, we're close. Lol

vCash
    Shotgun declares we are good, improving, etc before games or after games.

Shotgun sees we are terrible in-game, and declares we suck.

Never ending cycle...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We should be 1-3... but yeah, we're close. Lol
    We should be 4-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Shotgun declares we are good, improving, etc before games or after games.

Shotgun sees we are terrible in-game, and declares we suck.

Never ending cycle...
    Shotgun is emotional in the game, but then step back & realizes that we're on a steep upward trajectory that is being hampered by stupidity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Exactly. The fact that we face the same defense every week & we're getting better against, shows exactly what's going to happen soon.

This is it. Playing LSU is the same playing Memphis is the same as playing Ole Miss, etc.

It's about us, not the other team.

We're terrible because we're dumb, not because we aren't capable
    What's going to happen is more losing.

vCash
    I know that's not popular, but thus far we've seen drastic offensive improvement since last year & there are still wide open plays we're not making.

- Believe our QB limits us but he's getting better. Gotta be willing to slang it earlier in the game.

- Special teams surely learns all the rules here soon.

- 1st year FG kicker cost us at least a tie

- Every offensive stat has improved by almost 30% since last season thus far.

I'm frustrated but, minus seeing the future QB on the field (Dak), this season reminds me an awful lot of 2013. Again, won't be as good as 2014 next year because we haven't found our QB yet, but we're progressing quickly on the stat sheet.

It's not near as bad as you guys are making it. I think we beat A&M next week
    I was going to make a similar post. You can see that we are so close. Just inexperience (not age, experience) costing us at the worst times. Give it time. We're gonna be good.

vCash
    We should be 4-0
    We are a lot closer to 1-3 than we are to 4-0.

Im glad someone can be positive after today?s game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What's going to happen is more losing.
    Maybe in the short term, but those loses will be full of lots of yards & missed opportunities that would've easily won us the game. At some point we'll grow up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    I was going to make a similar post. You can see that we are so close. Just inexperience (not age, experience) costing us at the worst times. Give it time. We're gonna be good.
    And our coach's track record says this is exactly what happens. It's only the 3rd time this has happened