Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For those looking to the portal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah Johnson, looked good and ran hard, he's tough and really gutted it out saturday cause he was hurting. Just wish we'd let him and marks run a little more, they're both really good backs.
    If we hand it to Johnson on the goaline we score instead of running the pick play to Calvin. If Will would pull one or two zone reads we would score too. He isnt scared too, I believe he is coached to give it no matter what. I know he is. Just like he is coached to throw it vs 2 9s and if he checks to run he gets his ass chewed. Leach was abysmal in the red zone last week in my opinion. The two point plays were something we run over and over. Despite what anyone says, a majority of the time when Will checks it down there is nobody open. At all. He is not perfect he missed Polk for a TD that he ended up hitting later. But those are called tag shots. Leach is not giving him enough chances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Especially in the 3rd quarter after interception and we were up 17-7.
    Exactly. I honestly believe Johnson scores down there on the goal line. He reminds me a little of Aeris, always seems to be going forward and hard to bring down in those situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If we hand it to Johnson on the goaline we score instead of running the pick play to Calvin. If Will would pull one or two zone reads we would score too. He isnt scared too, I believe he is coached to give it no matter what. I know he is. Just like he is coached to throw it vs 2 9s and if he checks to run he gets his ass chewed. Leach was abysmal in the red zone last week in my opinion. The two point plays were something we run over and over. Despite what anyone says, a majority of the time when Will checks it down there is nobody open. At all. He is not perfect he missed Polk for a TD that he ended up hitting later. But those are called tag shots. Leach is not giving him enough chances
    Yeah we gotta run more often and take more deep shots to get the heat off of Will and open up some more throwing lanes for him. I agree we need more of those chances

vCash
    I wouldn't mind picking up a transfer qb, if he was a previous starter in the SEC only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I wouldn't mind picking up a transfer qb, if he was a previous starter in the SEC only.
    I'm fine going with the Chad Kelly, KJ Costello model. Just go get highly rated, talented players that haven't done much at their school & offer them a change of scenery.

This works all the time in MLB. Find ability & coach it up.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah Johnson, looked good and ran hard, he's tough and really gutted it out saturday cause he was hurting. Just wish we'd let him and marks run a little more, they're both really good backs.
    He was hurting from getting blown up on check downs. It's why i want to punch leach in the teeth when he runs them down in pressors. It's why I take up for Will on here. Our fans have to realize we need to give these young men a break because we are not utilizing them to the best of their abilities and it's not their fault. Our coach needs to improve before he expects our players to.

vCash
    This isn?t going to end well for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    This isn?t going to end well for MSU.
    Best thing we can hope for is if we are seeing this isn't going to work then so will leach. He is an arrogant SOB and isn't going to change. As much as it would suck to have to replace another coach after two years it's going to be almost necessary. Administration can't stand and watch him piss away some of the young talent we have currently playing.
    And don't give me that shit who can we hire. We can make a good hire. I would even say that this year would be the best opportunity for us to make a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Robertson loved baseball more than he loves football so his commitment to football is not 100%. That's all im gonna say about that. Greek was never signed to be the guy was always going to be a 2 QB. We missed it happens unfortunately we missed twice now we have to now go get some transfers.
    Before you all flame away and say I'm wrong... our back up is a 5'9 walk on from USA, not one of the freshman and had JA not gotten hurt they would have been 4th.
    It's not ideal
    So you are saying 4 star QB that several Power 5 teams wanted isn?t good enough to play QB at State, while a 3 Star Freshmen from Denton Texas is good enough to start for the G5 team that just beat us? Got it. That ain?t talent evaluation or a QB unable to get it. That is a bullheaded Coaching staff that doesn?t want to give the True Freshman a chance. So I guess Robertson will be playing baseball in his hometown of Lubbock Texas next year because he sure ain?t beating out anyon me on States roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    So you are saying 4 star QB that several Power 5 teams wanted isn?t good enough to play QB at State, while a 3 Star Freshmen from Denton Texas is good enough to start for the G5 team that just beat us? Got it. That ain?t talent evaluation or a QB unable to get it. That is a bullheaded Coaching staff that doesn?t want to give the True Freshman a chance. So I guess Robertson will be playing baseball in his hometown of Lubbock Texas next year because he sure ain?t beating out anyon me on States roster.
    Yo cap.... may need another user name. It ain't about talent bro it's about his willingness to do the things the right way it's about him caring more about baseball than football. I said not a thing about his talent. If he was committed to football he wouldn't be 4th string.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Yo cap.... may need another user name. It ain't about talent bro it's about his willingness to do the things the right way it's about him caring more about baseball than football. I said not a thing about his talent. If he was committed to football he wouldn't be 4th string.
    Yo Dawg... then why is he here? He didn?t sign a Football Scholarship at Mississippi State OVER his other offers if he really wanted to play baseball. He could have signed with 3 P5 universities in the State of Texas that take baseball very seriously in Tech, TCU, or Texas. Heck, Dallas Baptist takes baseball serious. So are you saying he really accepted a football scholly at a mid-level SEC school so he could be a reserve baseball player at said school?

Makes no sense.