Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Cooking This Saturday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    MSU should push hard for firing the official that blew the play dead. The SEC clearly does not really care about having good officiating, but everybody else made what could be classified as a mistake. He was chicken shit. At the 17ing Liberty Bowl. If you can't own up to your 17up at the LIberty Bowl because you're worried about 17ing Memphis fans booing you, you are simply too mentally weak to be an SEC official. We're not going to get a fair shake by the conference, and the SEC is not going to invest in better officiating regardless, but certainly not as long as the 17ups don't go against Bama. But it doesn't really take any extra money or effort to just get rid of one official that is not up to the job. At the very least, that guy should never call a game other than Bama or UGA home games against non-blue bloods, where the SEC will not care if he is always being chicken shit in favor of Bama or UGA.
    Exactly. Some folks think we can just tell Sankey to fire people. That's not how it works. We have to build a compelling case for termination based on incompetence. The conference deserves better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    So kicking and screaming and throwing a tantrum like a child gets you what you want in life? When has going to an employer and blaming the customer ever worked out? Any decent boss would laugh you out of the room. Go sit in the corner and cry to yourself.

Remember, insanity is doing the same thing (pouting like a child in this case) over and over and expecting a different outcome.
    According to popular opinion on this board nobody ever confronted the MSU administration, in mass, abut this issue. It has never been done so this is a new thing I am encouraging you guys to do - stand up for yourselves and don't be a chicken shit!

You guy are the ones sitting in the corner crying about how pitiful MSU is, how low and powerless we are and we can not affect any wrong doing. I am the one not crying but doing what I can to the best of my ability but I can not do it alone - the rest of you have to stand up and say something as well or else this shit will repeat itself and no amount of wishing and wanting Home Cooking will come about. We will be screwed once again!

If this was the opinion of our founding fathers, the US would have never been a country, we would still be under British, Spain and French rule!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 09-22-2021 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Exactly. Some folks think we can just tell Sankey to fire people. That's not how it works. We have to build a compelling case for termination based on incompetence. The conference deserves better.
    The video evidence from the Memphis game plus their past punishment should be enough!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The video evidence from the Memphis game plus their past punishment should be enough!
    You would think, but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well then I want all the Home cooking for the Bama game. I want every call to go out way. I want every offensive false start (including their tackles leaving .25 seconds early) every holding call, and every reviewed play to go out way. I want every illegal block downfield called, and obviously every time their WRs use the arm bar to push off called. Targeting to be called every time the tackle hard. Etc.

Why waste it LSU, I want it against Bama and UM.
    It will never happen against Bama and I would bet if UM is sitting at 9-10 wins then we might as well lube up before the game because the refs will be bending us over.

vCash
    People talk about the phenomenon of the "makeup call" in sports and you do occasionally see it clearly, but I'd bet a lot that if you did a comprehensive study you'd actually find that officials are most often even less accommodating to a team after screwing them with a particularly bad call, since humans are flawed creatures of ego and emotion.

That's a vaguery on sports in general. In terms of MSU, we aren't ever going to get the slightest bit of conscious favor from our officials in this lifetime under any circumstance, conference games or otherwise. That much has been perfectly clear to me ever since 2017 Calvin Ridley.

vCash
    SEC will go in dry on MSU every chance it gets.

vCash
    If anything LSU will get the breaks. The swamp cheats are having trouble getting people to come to their dump of a stadium to watch games. Gotta protect the cash cows. Who are our refs this weekend ?

vCash
    If Cohen didn't personally call Sankey pissing vinegar then he does deserve to be replaced.
    Roger that! If they did talk I wish Cohen would have put a statement out to let us know they did. He could have lied, but hey? That would have made us all feel better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Some of y'all act like we are the bell cow of the SEC. Maybe Cohen should go to Birmingham with MSU production crew in tow and beat Sankey and Curles arse, live streamed on hailstate football.
    At least we would have full attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    People talk about the phenomenon of the "makeup call" in sports and you do occasionally see it clearly, but I'd bet a lot that if you did a comprehensive study you'd actually find that officials are most often even less accommodating to a team after screwing them with a particularly bad call, since humans are flawed creatures of ego and emotion.

That's a vaguery on sports in general. In terms of MSU, we aren't ever going to get the slightest bit of conscious favor from our officials in this lifetime under any circumstance, conference games or otherwise. That much has been perfectly clear to me ever since 2017 Calvin Ridley.
    that was so abhorrent!

vCash
    I posted this in another thread but thought I'd make a post for some discussion.

Since the SEC refs screwed us last Saturday what are the odds we get some very favorable calls this Saturday? I mean, LSU really wants O gone. I'm not saying the refs hand us the game on a silver platter but give us some favorable calls that keep us in the game with a decent chance to win.
    It could happen, wouldn't put it past the SEC. In SEC mind, two wrongs make a right, but it don't. They have not and will continue to not be honest about anything so nothing surprises me at this point.

Nice stir the pot thread. Ha like our fanbase needs any more needling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post

Yep true. Sankey has a history of giving the state of MS the middle finger. Sure he will respond favorable to MSU in the future.

That was sarcasm for those with the meter turned off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep true. Sankey has a history of giving the state of MS the middle finger. Sure he will respond favorable to MSU in the future.

That was sarcasm for those with the meter turned off.
    It's slightly comical in hindsight that we were optimistic things would improve for us when he was named commissioner given his (small) MSU connection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Some of y'all act like we are the bell cow of the SEC. Maybe Cohen should go to Birmingham with MSU production crew in tow and beat Sankey and Curles arse, live streamed on hailstate football.
    I would pay full ticket price for that show. Hell I would even pitch in for his bail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    It could happen, wouldn't put it past the SEC. In SEC mind, two wrongs make a right, but it don't. They have not and will continue to not be honest about anything so nothing surprises me at this point.

Nice stir the pot thread. Ha like our fanbase needs any more needling.
    I swear to God I didn't know I was smoking a cigarette in a dynamite factory.***

Seriously, I just wanted a discussion. I didn't know we'd have the inverse of a COVID thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I don't want home cooking. I just want the damn game called fair and consistent, and if it is not Leach (or some appointed coaching representative) better be in someone's face over it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJk...DavidBlackburn

vCash
    I am going to mention two, non calls, that will gall me until kingdom come. I will not get the names correct but I believe all of you will remember the plays.

MSU vs OM Dak gets upended on his head on a dead play.
    MSU vs Bama either a kick or punt return for us and our runner gets his head taken off. I believe this might have been the same year they went back and punished Dillon Day after the fact.

They could never home cook enough to pay for those two.

vCash
    It's possible but LSU is in turmoil at the moment. The administration wants O gone. I don't see a lot of yellow being thrown to preserve O's job.
    This doesn't mean that the SEC office wants O gone. The commish and his acolytes are more interested in maintaining the blue blood status of LSU, which translates to $$$. They could give a rats rear end about whether we get screwed by the officials or not and how many times it happens. You can forget about any quid pro quo or otherwise "balancing of the scales" by the officials because we are MSU and there will never be a concerted effort to give us a fair shake.

vCash
    I posted this in another thread but thought I'd make a post for some discussion.

Since the SEC refs screwed us last Saturday what are the odds we get some very favorable calls this Saturday? I mean, LSU really wants O gone. I'm not saying the refs hand us the game on a silver platter but give us some favorable calls that keep us in the game with a decent chance to win.
    Nah, they will wait for Vandy or Tenn State to give us our blue plate special, an off-side call or something big like that and we will be grateful