Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our QB stats...

vCash
    Minshew was 28th in PR and 22nd in QBR after a full season. After facing 2 of the worst 7 defenses in CFB, Rogers is 55th in PR and 68th in qbr

vCash
    Rogers is on track for over 4300yds 32tds 4ints

On paper that is amazing. If someone told you at the beginning of the year Rogers would have a year like that we'd all be optimistic. I think the issue that is hard to see on paper is his lack of taking shots down the field. Those numbers could be much higher if he took those shots. I do think that as the year progresses so will his confidence. Once Rogers starts to stretch the field that will open our run game up. It may not be huge numbers but our run game will get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    So, I searched it, and it seems to come from Washington State.
    ?Even with the ?death by a thousand paper cuts? machine that is the Air Raid, if a few of those cuts don?t draw blood, it can throw the whole operation off kilter.?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cou...su-cal-defense
    It's more like death from boredom
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Minshew was 28th in PR and 22nd in QBR after a full season.
    Minshew was NOT in the top 20 in either rating. Yet, he lead the nation in attempts and was #2 in yardage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Minshew was NOT in the top 20 in either rating. Yet, he lead the nation in attempts and was #2 in yardage.
    Right, which is why passing yards is a shallow stat when you pass all the time. Passer rating weighs each pass, so you can compare qbs equally

vCash
    All those yards mean very little if we're not ending drives with TD's. We are 7th nationally in passing yards per game but ranked in the 70's in offensive TD's scored. I have seen people talk plenty about our struggles in the second half on Saturday, but we had possession for the first 11:40 of the game and somehow were down 7-3 after that stretch.

Right now we are like a baseball team that gets a lot of people on base via walk or single but can't get extra base hits. Or a volume shooter in basketball who scores 25 points but on 10-40 shooting. You cannot expect to do those things consistently and be able to beat many teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    All those yards mean very little if we're not ending drives with TD's. We are 7th nationally in passing yards per game but ranked in the 70's in offensive TD's scored. I have seen people talk plenty about our struggles in the second half on Saturday, but we had possession for the first 11:40 of the game and somehow were down 7-3 after that stretch.

Right now we are like a baseball team that gets a lot of people on base via walk or single but can't get extra base hits. Or a volume shooter in basketball who scores 25 points but on 10-40 shooting. You cannot expect to do those things consistently and be able to beat many teams.
    This can DIRECTLY correlate to lack of a running game. In the red zone you can?t stretch the field you have to have a strong running game on the goaline or you end up with a lot of field goals, end zone INT?s, or trips to the red zone with NO points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Minshew was 28th in PR and 22nd in QBR after a full season. After facing 2 of the worst 7 defenses in CFB, Rogers is 55th in PR and 68th in qbr
    Let's compare Will's numbers as a Sr to Minshew's posted above.

I imagine Minshew numbers are a sophomore at East Carolina in 2016 we're not better than Will's.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-22-2021 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Let's compare Will's numbers as a Sr to Minshew's.

I imagine Minshew numbers are a sophomore at East Carolina in 2016 we're not better than Will's.
    They don't listen to things rational like that

vCash

He also wasn't in Mike Leach's system. Not sure the comparison makes much sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    He also wasn't in Mike Leach's system. Not sure the comparison makes much sense.
    He was as a senior. Let's compare wills numbers as a senior in this system to minshews.

True, Minshew wasn't in the system as a sophomore. Will is. But I expect minshews rating still was not much higher than wills despite being in a system that seemingly is more favorable to having a higher rating.

vCash

Wait a minute. Didn't Minshew get benched at some point at East Carolina?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Rogers is on track for over 4300yds 32tds 4ints

On paper that is amazing. If someone told you at the beginning of the year Rogers would have a year like that we'd all be optimistic. I think the issue that is hard to see on paper is his lack of taking shots down the field. Those numbers could be much higher if he took those shots. I do think that as the year progresses so will his confidence. Once Rogers starts to stretch the field that will open our run game up. It may not be huge numbers but our run game will get better.
    We're also on pace to finish .500 in G5.

Those numbers mean nothing against who we've played, and what we've done with them.

vCash
    Let's see where his pace is after the next 3 games
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's more like death from boredom
    I have to admit, I do miss seeing 7 run through defenses. It?s hard to imagine that our offense is more a boring product in a pass heavy scheme. I think the hardest change is the loss of our identity. We came from the mud. We may not have always won, but if we lost, atleast you knew that you had been in a fight. I could handle licking my wounds if I could see the lumps you got in the fight.