Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogers stat...

vCash

Rogers stat...

9 throws of 20+ in over 150 attempts is embarrassing and unacceptable.

vCash
    So on passes of 10 yards or more he is 25/38 (66%) for 496 yards (13 per attempt) with 4TD and 0 INT. Do it more

vCash
    We’ve definitely got to attack more
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So on passes of 10 yards or more he is 25/38 (66%) for 496 yards (13 per attempt) with 4TD and 0 INT. Do it more
    Exactly. It seems to be a confidence issue. He only goes deep when the game is on the line and we have no choice. He's got to do it more, or else we have to find someone that will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Exactly. It seems to be a confidence issue. He only goes deep when the game is on the line and we have no choice. He's got to do it more, or else we have to find someone that will.
    Yeah somethings definitely different when he HAS to push the ball down the field. I appreciate him wanting to protect the ball but he's bogging us down. He's shown he can move this offense and move it quickly but he's got to quit being so cautious. Probably traumatized by watching Costello throw all those ints last year(I know I was).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah somethings definitely different when he HAS to push the ball down the field. I appreciate him wanting to protect the ball but he's bogging us down. He's shown he can move this offense and move it quickly but he's got to quit being so cautious. Probably traumatized by watching Costello throw all those ints last year(I know I was).
    Yeah me too, and I agree with you on all points

vCash
    It's frustrating.

Makai Polk has PROVEN he can win 50/50 balls. Throw them up and let him go get them.

You also might draw a pass interference penalty. There are positives to throwing it deep.

vCash
    I could care less about the deep ball, just freaking change that 28.2 behind the line of scrimmage. That is atrocious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I could care less about the deep ball, just freaking change that 28.2 behind the line of scrimmage. That is atrocious!
    Haha so true

vCash
    We have as many yards on 7 completions of 20+ as we do 42 completions behind the LOS.

vCash
    Ironically his only interception thus far was on a pass behind the LOS.

Will is like Matt Wyatt without the turnovers.

vCash
    We have as many yards on 7 completions of 20+ as we do 42 completions behind the LOS.
    It's insane. Everyone in the stands can see people open. Like wide ass open. And Will checks it down most of the time.

vCash
    Ouch!

vCash
    Even if you don't complete them you've got to chunk it deep at least a couple times a game to open things up. Heck even Brady's last year in New England when he didn't have any legitimate deep threat he was hampered big time because there's no way to loosen up a defense.

vCash
    Even if you don't complete them you've got to chunk it deep at least a couple times a game to open things up. Heck even Brady's last year in New England when he didn't have any legitimate deep threat he was hampered big time because there's no way to loosen up a defense.
    That's the other thing. It's not like we don't have good receivers now. Heath and Polk can catch deep balls. Walley is a play maker. Not to mention others. Even Austin Williams is a solid receiver.

vCash
    I cannot imagine how much different our season would look if that wasn't the case.

vCash
    Yep, I think I remember seeing somewhere where Jackie said he would call a fly route once every 20+ plays just to keep the safeties from crashing. I think he even said he'd tell Madkin he didn't care if he overthrew it by 10 yards, that we were just doing it for show...if we caught it that was a bonus. At the very least, we need to do that, bc nobody respects our offense beyond 10-15 yards....nobody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's the other thing. It's not like we don't have good receivers now. Heath and Polk can catch deep balls. Walley is a play maker. Not to mention others. Even Austin Williams is a solid receiver.
    Yeah and we have burners like Calvin and Tulu as well who can surely get deep quick.

vCash
    Yep, I think I remember seeing somewhere where Jackie said he would call a fly route once every 20+ plays just to keep the safeties from crashing. I think he even said he'd tell Madkin he didn't care if he overthrew it by 10 yards, that we were just doing it for show...if we caught it that was a bonus. At the very least, we need to do that, bc nobody respects our offense beyond 10-15 yards....nobody.
    You absolutely have to. You have to at least make people think you can do it and looking at the stats Will has done pretty well at it. If the whole defense is playing within 10 yards of the LOS way to congested.

vCash
    So I just realized he has a higher completion percentage, 78%, on passes 20+, than he has on passes 0-9 yds (77%)

That is wild