Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogers stat...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So I just realized he has a higher completion percentage, 78%, on passes 20+, than he has on passes 0-9 yds (77%)

That is wild
    It's because his arm is too weak and he can't over throw them

vCash
    As much as I do think we need to stretch the field vertically, what would help the most us to get a little more creative in the run game. We have two running plays, three when we are in 20 personnel. Just a counter, power, variation of the split zone, something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ironically his only interception thus far was on a pass behind the LOS.

Will is like Matt Wyatt without the turnovers.
    Matt Wyatt was a better QB.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I posted his yards per attempt and yards per completion numbers yesterday?. You simply cannot operate an offense in a six yard box. Our backs averaging 5-6 yards per reception looks good on paper because we equate that to yards per carry, however what most people fail to realize is that our backs are averaging 12.6 receptions a game versus 20-25 carries in a more balanced offense. Therefore you?re leaving 40-50 yards of offense on the field just by dumping it to the backs alone.

vCash
    Im so sick of anyone saying this is on Leach and not will. Realistically its most likely both, but to act like will isnt a huge issue is just being biased and looking the other way. I just don?t understand how anyone with a brain doesnt see it
    Last edited by vv83; 09-21-2021 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    It's because his arm is too weak and he can't over throw them
    Boy... that's reaching to be negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I'm sure I'll screw the ppl up, and I'm not gonna look it up (playing years)... but at a Bulldog Club meeting once, JWS said "If you put a bag over the heads of Wyatt, Manning & Couch, you couldn't tell them apart." But yet there was a huge difference between the three... huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    As much as I do think we need to stretch the field vertically, what would help the most us to get a little more creative in the run game.
    It's both.

We need to RTGDF more
    We need to throw deep more to loosen the safeties and give our very good WR's a chance to make a play.

Leach can work at State IF he will make some tweaks. If being the operative word
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's both.

We need to RTGDF more
    We need to throw deep more to loosen the safeties and give our very good WR's a chance to make a play.

Leach can work at State IF he will make some tweaks. If being the operative word
    Can't argue with any of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    We'll revisit in two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Im so sick of anyone saying this is on Leach and not will. Realistically its most likely both, but to act like will isnt a huge issue is just being biased and looking the other way. I just don?t understand how anyone with a brain doesnt see it
    I know will is an issue. The difference for me is I didn't expect will to be great in 2021. I expected him to be about what he is (manage things, give us a chance to win) and improve through the season to the point he is ready to be good next year. He has played more than well enough for us to be 3-0 and on the path for a bowl game, which is all I expected.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's both.

We need to RTGDF more

All it would take is let the two back set, set the tone. Use one as a lead blocker some with a counter. Sometimes run a sweep option. Sometimes shovel. Sometimes drop down to 1 back and give it to Polk, Tulu, Austin, whomever on a jet sweep. Heck, motion our RB out and then bring him in sweep motion.

And you have to have quick runs up the middle to keep the lb guessing. Right now, it takes a 3rd grader to figure out what we are doing. Stopping us takes barely more than that.

And please God, run some tempo. With only 6 ?plays? you should be able to get the play in and get the snap off inside 12 seconds.

vCash
    If you run a sweep option enough, Will could sweep and then take a couple steps back and let one fly.

vCash
    I would also argue that our backs should go and try to take some catches past the line of scrimmage more often in lieu to just moving them to the boundary. Let them put a move on their defender and try to get 4 yards down field before you uncork it.

vCash
    So I just realized he has a higher completion percentage, 78%, on passes 20+, than he has on passes 0-9 yds (77%)

That is wild
    That has got to change.

vCash

9 throws of 20+ in over 150 attempts is embarrassing and unacceptable.
    No doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I would also argue that our backs should go and try to take some catches past the line of scrimmage more often in lieu to just moving them to the boundary. Let them put a move on their defender and try to get 4 yards down field before you uncork it.
    I think the issue with this is that the RBs are more of a 'I'm out of options and through my progressions, let's try and get 3 yards instead of a sack'. I'm sure there are plays designed to actually go to the RBs, but I'm betting most are just a safety outlet. If you start running them over the middle or in a different spot, it messes up the spacing on the other routes (like mesh).

vCash
    SEC StatCat
    @SEC_StatCat
    The SEC's most accurate passers on tries with a time to throw of 2 seconds or less; min 10 att

1. Rogers 87.7%
    2. Young 84.1%
    3. Milton 81.8%
    4. Daniels 81.1%
    5. Bazelak 78.9%
    6. Johnson 78.3%
    7. Hooker 76.7%
    8. Levis 76.2%
    9. Jefferson 75.9%
    10. Nix 72.7%

SEC AVR = 75.9%

vCash
    https://twitter.com/SEC_StatCat?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This link takes you too the SEC Stat Cat twitter feed with lots of QB comparisons going on so you can see where Will stacks up to the competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    https://twitter.com/SEC_StatCat?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This link takes you too the SEC Stat Cat twitter feed with lots of QB comparisons going on so you can see where Will stacks up to the competition
    So Rogers is better than decent. Looks to me he just needs to trust his reads and his arm.