Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homedawg...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The things that's so perplexing is when Will has been forced to take the shots he's somehow found ways to get the ball downfield, and that's been when we've been behind and defenses are playing prevent for sure. It's hard to comprehend that he takes the check downs or short routes but then all of a sudden we get behind and we're hitting deeper routes. It's dumbfounding to me, maybe someone else has an explanation for it.
    Pure speculation, but I think he can't get KJ turning the ball over every third play last year out of his head. I don't care what the gurus on here say (no offense, truly); even if we can't see them, the fact that we suddenly started flying down the field in chunks in two of our first three games once it became the only way to win says guys are open down the field, specifically in the intermediate middle. Will has to find the confidence to hit those guys earlier in the game. KJ couldn't keep the ball because he didn't have a clue how to read a zone. Will should at this point and I think he does; he just has to trust himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The player I watched for Lubbock Coronado last year was light years better than Rogers in HS. It's mal-practice if that guy is truly 4th string.

No 17ing way
    Its almost like you are the one who is wrong but you just cant see it. I dont blame you but you just cant see it.

Robertson played in a 7 on 7 league compared to 6A ball in MS?I would bet my paycheck you have watched very little of either live in person in Hs. All Will did was beat Plumlee and Jimmy Holiday head to head, those werent the only ones either.. Threw a game winning TD pass in the 6A playoffs to that Mingo kid. Whatever happened to him? Like 200 yards last week? But he sucks too huh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its almost like you are the one who is wrong but you just cant see it. I dont blame you but you just cant see it.

Robertson played in a 7 on 7 league compared to 6A ball in MS?I would bet my paycheck you have watched very little of either live in person in Hs. All Will did was beat Plumlee and Jimmy Holiday head to head, those werent the only ones either.. Threw a game winning TD pass in the 6A playoffs to that Mingo kid. Whatever happened to him? Like 200 yards last week? But he sucks too huh
    I think Will is capable but just trying to do what he's been coached and instructed to do... I get frustrated with him not taking off and running some times but then I have to remind myself who will come in and take his place if he goes down. Same thing with being hesitant to hurl the ball downfield... better to get a few yards than to turn the ball over ..... I think we will be able to better judge him next year when hopefully he's "turned loose " for a more aggressive approach
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I think Will is capable but just trying to do what he's been coached and instructed to do... I get frustrated with him not taking off and running some times but then I have to remind myself who will come in and take his place if he goes down. Same thing with being hesitant to hurl the ball downfield... better to get a few yards than to turn the ball over ..... I think we will be able to better judge him next year when hopefully he's "turned loose " for a more aggressive approach
    Louisiana Tech played 2 9 techs and a head up nose at times and we still threw the football. That should tell you a lot. Will can check to a run but at the cost of getting ripped. And not many can rip you like Leach can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Louisiana Tech played 2 9 techs and a head up nose at times and we still threw the football. That should tell you a lot. Will can check to a run but at the cost of getting ripped. And not many can rip you like Leach can.
    Unless you're an official that just screwed his team out of a W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Haha very good point, I would have loved to have heard what he said on the field bc doing it on Monday isnt the time or the place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    He actually looked pretty upset on tv. But during the course of a fame it never helped Mullen here either and he went crazy lots of times on refs. Going nuts doesn't change much. Except calming the insecure fan that thinks the coach doesn't care....which quite frankly is stupid. And not referring to you. Just in general.