I've always respected your opinions, and you seem to have a pulse on the backup QB situation based on some recent posts...so I wanted to ask you and any others that want to comment a question or two.

First off, I'm NOT calling for the backup QB right now.

That being said, it's pretty common knowledge that our young QB's are more highly recruited and have better arm strength than Will does. We also saw Will come in last year as a true freshman and while he wasn't great, he wasn't as bad as KJ by a long shot.

So my question is....other than Will being a "film junkie" coming in as a freshman, what is making these young guys such a "huge step back" from Will? I mean, a guy like Greek or Robertson can't hold the ball for 4 seconds and dump it to a RB or throw a 5 yard slant? Because if they can do that, which any QB should be able to do, one would think their increased ability to take some deep shots with stronger arms would make them worth taking a shot at if this season continues down the path of poor offensive output, correct?

In other words, when you have a QB with a fairly weak arm, that has an issue with throwing the ball down field to open guys, a 6 play playbook, and nothing but zone defenses to familiarize yourself with, and two 4 star QB's in the on deck circle....what is making those two guys such a "huge step back"? How is that possible? How are guys with that much more talent than Will, and only 8 fewer college starts (as everyone wants to keep reminding us), unable to learn 6 plays, dissect 1 defense, and not know how to dump off passes 6 yards down the field if those 6 plays aren't open? It truly makes no sense to me as to how it's even possible to be a "huge drop off".

So I just want to know what you're seeing in practice, or hearing from practice, to make you confident that Robertson and Greek are so far behind Will. Again, I'm not doubting it, and I'm not calling for them to play right now...I'm simply trying to wrap my head around it bc it makes no sense to me. Can you elaborate with some details?