Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
What is it about Mississippi state that makes us different from the last two stops Leach was at outside of being in the SEC? All of the schools Leach has been too have been the underdog schools of the conference. You can sit here and lie to yourself about us not being that but it is just facts historically speaking. It is shown that their is a slight uptick in production of year 2 of switching over to Mike Leach's style of air raid but you really see the difference in year 3. If we can't give a coach a minimum of 3 years after firing a coach in 2 years we will never be good. I'm not saying Mike Leach is going to work here, hell I've always had my doubts about his scheme but we have at least got to allow him one more year before we can fully declare this will never work. At this point it is almost like we are cheering for him to fail
This sounds a lot like Croom speak. If it takes your players 3 years to learn your system in college then we are kind of screwed. We have to see some progress this year. I am not saying putting up 50 points on the regular but we need to actually show some type of offense before the 4th quarter when teams have taken their foot off the gas. Last year, we got a little hope in the UGA and Mizzou games but every other game pretty much sucked. If Arnett wasn't putting a top half of the SEC defense on the field, it would have looked like Croom days. We have enough talent to at least compete in the SEC but that is not happening on offense.