Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's all in the plan boys...

vCash

It's all in the plan boys...

We all heard it over and over from wsu and tech fans.
    Leach will always have one lose on the year where you say wtf.
    But then he gets one he's not supposed to...

Here's to hoping that holds true.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    That entire statement is wishy washy crap, and this is why historically Leach has never won anything of consequence. Our entire team worked for 10 months to shit the bed against Memphis. It is unacceptable and every time it happens we basically restart and now have to look to next year. The goal, now cannot be reached for this year. It is over, unless we win 10 in a row. So.... we now need 10 in a row. Good Luck Leach.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    That entire statement is wishy washy crap, and this is why historically Leach has never won anything of consequence. Our entire team worked for 10 months to shit the bed against Memphis. It is unacceptable and every time it happens we basically restart and now have to look to next year. The goal, now cannot be reached for this year. It is over, unless we win 10 in a row. So.... we now need 10 in a row. Good Luck Leach.
    Ehh, IF IF IF, we can come out this Saturday and not look sloppy and win. The ship will look like it is being turned in the correct direction.

vCash
    Well if we beat LSU this weekend I'm not counting that as the counter to this loss necessarily. Will need to be much bigger than beating this years LSU team.

vCash
    Well... playing Oregon state Arizona Arizona state Cal and Colorado ain't the same as playing the SEC..

vCash
    The goal, now cannot be reached for this year. It is over, unless we win 10 in a row. So.... we now need 10 in a row. Good Luck Leach.
    What?

vCash
    Memphis got as lucky as one can get and still barely came out on top and they were at home where they've won something like 17 or 18 straight. There were two series in that game that I believe Leach screwed up and they were the turning it over on downs (Polk also dropped a td on 3rd down) and going for 2 again after the penalty. Both shouldn't have happened but on the flip side Memphis ran a fumble back for a TD, gets handed 7 points on a dead play, gets handed the ball back on an onside kick we recovered and squeaks through a 51yd fg.

I'm upset with the officials and our administration. It seems like every other year we get screwed by officiating and our administration always waves an olive branch. We need to stand up and get loud when debacles like Memphis happens. 2018 Bama and 2021 Memphis almost make me never want to watch football again due to officiating and our lousy no spine administration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Memphis got as lucky as one can get and still barely came out on top and they were at home where they've won something like 17 or 18 straight. There were two series in that game that I believe Leach screwed up and they were the turning it over on downs (Polk also dropped a td on 3rd down) and going for 2 again after the penalty. Both shouldn't have happened but on the flip side Memphis ran a fumble back for a TD, gets handed 7 points on a dead play, gets handed the ball back on an onside kick we recovered and squeaks through a 51yd fg.

I'm upset with the officials and our administration. It seems like every other year we get screwed by officiating and our administration always waves an olive branch. We need to stand up and get loud when debacles like Memphis happens. 2018 Bama and 2021 Memphis almost make me never want to watch football again due to officiating and our lousy no spine administration.
    The only reason we were in that game is because of the defense. Our offense isn't even getting the average of what our opponents are giving up. Look at last year's Ole Miss defense, it was one of the worst in the country but we still couldn't score 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    The only reason we were in that game is because of the defense. Our offense isn't even getting the average of what our opponents are giving up. Look at last year's Ole Miss defense, it was one of the worst in the country but we still couldn't score 30.
    I won't argue your first point. As others have pointed out, and I know I have too, Leach has historically had down years the first few years. That's not even taking into account that last year was a mess to begin with as we had no spring, a new coach, and we we're completely changing offensive philosophies so it was a recipe for chaos. Regardless what Bucky says I don't believe Will is the answer *right now*. He could be eventually but I think he's average at best and slow on the decision making side. He's young and the only way is up from here. I don't have much optimism for the others behind him. I've had the mindset that year 3 would be when we'd see what Leach is capable of at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I won't argue your first point. As others have pointed out, and I know I have too, Leach has historically had down years the first few years. That's not even taking into account that last year was a mess to begin with as we had no spring, a new coach, and we we're completely changing offensive philosophies so it was a recipe for chaos. Regardless what Bucky says I don't believe Will is the answer *right now*. He could be eventually but I think he's average at best and slow on the decision making side. He's young and the only way is up from here. I don't have much optimism for the others behind him. I've had the mindset that year 3 would be when we'd see what Leach is capable of at State.
    I just don't have much hope on Leach's offense against SEC defenses. Maybe we can put up 50-60 on shit defenses like Memphis or La Tech next year but we were doing that with Moorhead's offense. I just don't think this offense works against the speed of SEC defenses. It shouldn't take 2-3 years to install an offense when every other team does it in one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We all heard it over and over from wsu and tech fans.
    Leach will always have one lose on the year where you say wtf.
    But then he gets one he's not supposed to...

Here's to hoping that holds true.
    That's just code for "I'm lazy and sometimes I lose focus." Equate that to the work world and try explaining to your employer that sometimes I lose about 10% of our business because I do something stupid but I might make it up with someone you're not expecting. See where that gets ya.

vCash
    A leach offense allows G5 teams to stay with us bc it is not predicated on imposing your physical will against a defense like Dan and Joe could do to lesser G5 teams. We will never line up and run over any team, even a G5 team. You lose that physical advantage over a lesser team in the leach offense.

On the flip side, it allows you to be in games against 4 and 5 star DL from Georgia and LSU who can physically whip you at the line of scrimmage bc you don't have to impose your physical will to move the ball.

That's why all in the same season leach can can beat top 15 teams like Stanford and lose to eastern wash (2016);

or beat top 10 usc and lose to meh Arizona (2017);

or go 9-4 with top 20 wins but lose to portland state (2017).

We've already won as an underdog this year and prob will again. May lose as a favorite again too. It's the Leach experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    A leach offense allows G5 teams to stay with us bc it is not predicated on imposing your physical will against a defense like Dan and Joe could do to lesser G5 teams. We will never line up and run over any team, even a G5 team. You lose that physical advantage over a lesser team in the leach offense.

On the flip side, it allows you to be in games against 4 and 5 star DL from Georgia and LSU who can physically whip you at the line of scrimmage bc you don't have to impose your physical will to move the ball.

That's why all in the same season leach can can beat top 15 teams like Stanford and lose to eastern wash (2016);

We've already won as an underdog this year and prob will again. May lose as a favorite again too. It's the Leach experience.
    Yeah! umm, that sucks!

vCash
    This is why I don't want Leach and didn't want Leach. (One of many reasons actually)

Who wants a guy that is going to drop an easy game every season? And what defines a "win he's not supposed to get"? If you lose to Memphis, that pretty much makes any SEC win not named Vandy a surprise if you ask me. So basically we brought in a coach that lowers expectations by losing to lesser teams, then beats teams he should compete with and claims a big victory over a better team when it really isn't. Like a poster above said, now that we've lost to Memphis and struggled with La Tech, most of our fans would consider a win over LSU as HUGE...when in actuality LSU is not good at all, and we should be 3-0 and expecting to win this game at home. Leach did his job...made us all feel we're shitty by losing to shit teams, now an average win gains him support back. What a joke

vCash

I think that used to be true. But with teams playing us the same way week after week- those upsets are going to rarely happen. We won as a dog because of our D- not the offense that scored 17 points.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Then might as well reduce the seating capacity at Davis Wade to 40,000 cause that'll drive State fans to apathy. IMO a loss to a mediocre FCS school or someone you're supposed to beat does more harm than a win as an underdog does good, with the exception of beating a top 5 team. And this offense has zero chance of doing that in our league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This is why I don't want Leach and didn't want Leach. (One of many reasons actually)

Who wants a guy that is going to drop an easy game every season? And what defines a "win he's not supposed to get"? If you lose to Memphis, that pretty much makes any SEC win not named Vandy a surprise if you ask me. So basically we brought in a coach that lowers expectations by losing to lesser teams, then beats teams he should compete with and claims a big victory over a better team when it really isn't. Like a poster above said, now that we've lost to Memphis and struggled with La Tech, most of our fans would consider a win over LSU as HUGE...when in actuality LSU is not good at all, and we should be 3-0 and expecting to win this game at home. Leach did his job...made us all feel we're shitty by losing to shit teams, now an average win gains him support back. What a joke
    This right here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Then might as well reduce the seating capacity at Davis Wade to 40,000 cause that'll drive State fans to apathy. IMO a loss to a mediocre FCS school or someone you're supposed to beat does more harm than a win as an underdog does good, with the exception of beating a top 5 team. And this offense has zero chance of doing that in our league.
    1000% agree. That Memphis loss hurt so much worse than a win over a Top 25 SEC team would do this year. Bc for all intents and purposes, your season and goals are squashed when you lose to a team like Memphis. Not to mention, games like MSU vs LSU become noon kickoffs all year when you lose to a shit team. It also hurts recruiting. Beating a good team now just makes you say "what if"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Yeah! umm, that sucks!
    I am not a football guy, but when I lived in Big-12 country, I watched a little Big-12 ball with friends. It was basically flag football for TTU. The signature win versus Texas was predicated on the Flag Football tackling of Big-12 defenses. SEC defenders, totally different breed of cat.

I played against better CBs in MSU intermural football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think that used to be true. But with teams playing us the same way week after week- those upsets are going to rarely happen. We won as a dog because of our D- not the offense that scored 17 points.
    You may be right. Plus sec athletes our generally better on defense. We will see.