Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that blame Will, Will is what Leach wants

vCash

For those that blame Will, Will is what Leach wants

Can you imagine Shrader in this O but with liberty to run when needed? We would be potent but Leach didn't want that. He sent Shrader to WR. Shrader could throw it 5 yards but he would run for 20.

He don't want his QB to run, so that is why Will is the starter. Like it or not, that is the facts.

Banned
    vCash
    This is not close to the truth. It would be IF will took chances down feild. That’s a fact. He even said as much yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    This is not close to the truth. It would be IF will took chances down feild. That’s a fact. He even said as much yesterday.
    That is Leach throwing his QB under the bus. He says Will plays a good game all the time. If he don't like Will, guess what he can play someone else or guess what, he can coach Will to do something else. Leach gets what Leach coaches - he is the HC. HC make QB changes when their guy ain't doing what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That is Leach throwing his QB under the bus. He says Will plays a good game all the time. If he don't like Will, guess what he can play someone else or guess what, he can coach Will to do something else. Leach gets what Leach coaches - he is the HC. HC make QB changes when their guy ain't doing what they want.
    I'm going to say this ONE more time, there is no charge to be made. The second guy is way behind Will. The third is way behind the second. The third is way way behind the second and the savior sawyer is well behind Greek. Is what it is. But we can start another thread saying sawyer should start the rest of the year.... it's coming before Saturday by people that have no clue

vCash
    74.8 passing completion percentage. At least we're scoring, unlike the 3-2 years.

vCash
    Can you imagine Shrader in this O but with liberty to run when needed? We would be potent but Leach didn't want that. He sent Shrader to WR. Shrader could throw it 5 yards but he would run for 20.

He don't want his QB to run, so that is why Will is the starter. Like it or not, that is the facts.
    Leach wants a better athlete & arm than Will.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    No. I have eyeballs. I can see receivers running open down the field.

vCash
    And put in who? Good grief.

Look I'm not happy with a lot of what leach is doing, but who would you like him to put in at qb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    No. I have eyeballs. I can see receivers running open down the field.
    It's not just you seeing it. Most of us are seeing it and Matt Wyatt's pointing out every week in his video review. It's crazy when Will is forced to have to make deeper throws, like when we're behind he's doing it, but other times he's just not getting it out on time or checking down to much. I appreciate him taking care of the ball but it's also bogging us down at times
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-19-2021 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's not just you seeing it. Most of us are seeing it and Matt Wyatt's pointing out every week in his video review. It's crazy when will is forced to have to make deeper throws like when we're behind he's doing it but other times he's just not getting out on time or checking down to much. I appreciate him taking care of the ball but it's also bugging us down at times
    THIS RIGHT HERE.... When Will HAS to push the ball down field, we see what happens, hence the late LA Tech and Memphis games. This is all on Will. He is holding the ball waiting for someone closer or whatever the hell he is looking for. He isnt reading stuff near as quick. Like i said the other day, go back and look at the 2 point conversion. He had DJ if he hits him as soon as DJ hits the flat. By the time he looked towards DJ, DJ was covered. A backer from Memphis saw DJ open and cut towards him. He was open and I will take DJ's up the field hard nose running any day against a backer running laterally to get those 3-4 yards needed.

Will can do it, and I think he could run this offense really well, IF HE WOULD JUST DO IT. That is the whole problem, well that and his arm strength. Will can make this offense work. He just has to push the ball downfield. Plain and simple. We start doing that, it will literally open up everything from the running game to the short passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    THIS RIGHT HERE.... When Will HAS to push the ball down field, we see what happens, hence the late LA Tech and Memphis games. This is all on Will. He is holding the ball waiting for someone closer or whatever the hell he is looking for. He isnt reading stuff near as quick. Like i said the other day, go back and look at the 2 point conversion. He had DJ if he hits him as soon as DJ hits the flat. By the time he looked towards DJ, DJ was covered. A backer from Memphis saw DJ open and cut towards him. He was open and I will take DJ's up the field hard nose running any day against a backer running laterally to get those 3-4 yards needed.

Will can do it, and I think he could run this offense really well, IF HE WOULD JUST DO IT. That is the whole problem, well that and his arm strength. Will can make this offense work. He just has to push the ball downfield. Plain and simple. We start doing that, it will literally open up everything from the running game to the short passes.
    I honestly don't know what he's looking at or reading sometimes cause I can see guys open in space and then bang a check down or throw away. I think he's just being to cautious but if this is gonna work at some point he's gotta let it rip(like he does when we're behind!) i mean we scored 2 tds in 3 minutes when they were really playing prevent so you know the plays are there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

Exactly

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I honestly don't know what he's looking at or reading sometimes cause I can see guys open in space and then bang a check down or throw away. I think he's just being to cautious but if this is gonna work at some point he's gotta let it rip(like he does when we're behind!) i mean we scored 2 tds in 3 minutes when they were really playing prevent so you know the plays are there.
    Correct

vCash
    I'm going to make some controversial post here and feel free to do with it what you will...see what I did there...
    Ok so yesterday I went and watched the game again, then looked at fourth quarter of NCST and some random plays from LA TECH. OL is not the problem. Are they great, hell no they are average but that's ok for what we need to get done. The issues are Will. Will is doing three things that are killing us. One. He holds the ball way way to long. He needs to make two reads and get it out. When he has done this the offense moves at a much better pace and we usually score. Two . It's apparent he is to scared to make those tight window throws. Wills arm ain't great but he can get it 20 yds down field, but he waits to long and by that time the open WR is now covered or in traffic. Third Will throws to the back either to soon, or to late. See screen passes as well. When he throws quickly he rushes the throw and back has to adjust to make catch or he has waited to late and the defense sees it and slams down hill for the tackle or massive hit. See Marks injury.
    Yes we have been penalized on the OL but we throw it 60 times and for the most part will has had time. So sooner or later refs are gonna call holding.
    We need a QB that's going to get the ball out quicker and will just ain't what we need. I'm hearing we will hit the Transfer portal hard this year. Take that for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 09-20-2021 at 06:50 AM.

vCash

My question would Shrader be able to score TD's in the same span of time? You have to give Will credit for his ability to move the ball down field. When drives stall it's not on him. It's on those lineman who keeps making mistakes.
    Also if we had healthy running backs on those two point conversions we might have gotten them.

vCash
    This is nonsensical. You are arguing that every QB who is playing is doing exactly what their coach wants. That is nonsense.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Look the problem with will is something that has be ingrained in him since he was about 10. His dad?s philosophy was ball security and live to play another down.

vCash
    What harm would it be for Will to sit a series or two a game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    What harm would it be for Will to sit a series or two a game?
    What's the purpose of sitting him? If he's our best option and he needs to improve, then he needs to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I'm hearing we will hit the Transfer portal hard this year. Take that for what it's worth.
    That's not any inside info or anything. Helen Keller can see we are going to do that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is