Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make your argument

vCash

Make your argument

Since I am in the group of I really want Leach to succeed, but he has to prove it to me. I am going to take the side of we are so full of youth that we cannot get out of our way.

Looking at Memphis they didn't stop us not once during that whole first half. If we had to punt is was because we sputtered ourselves. We should have had 28 points in the first half.

On the game we had 9 penalties for 64 yards. In this offense with the way Will is playing we cannot get behind the 8ball. Nine times we got behind the 8ball, we fumbled once that lead to a TD.

Say what you want about the dink and dunk our average per pass was 6.7 yards, that is way more than enough to march down the field and score. Again penalties killed us.

Leach did bring up a good point in his presser, if we don't roll the ball back to Will on the 4th and goal we more than likely get that TD, mind you Polk caught the ball he just couldn't hold onto it when he landed on the ground. Leach said, since we rolled the ball back there then whos to say we don't roll the ball back on the field goal. He said we had 82 out of 83 good snaps, just on that one it was bad. youth!

All the above I blame youth and inexperience, outside of LaTech our oline has done a great job of pass pro. Especially with Will holding the ball for the entire "Gone with the Wind" movie before he throws it. I don't know how much more you could ask of them for pass pro.

What I don't understand and Leach alluded to it in his presser is that we need to try and go downfield more. Now that Leach has FINALLY brought that up I look forward to the forward pass taking place more next week. I really think Will is scared to throw it downfield. Way? IDK! I mean it is nice to see a 8-1 TD to INT ratio. But, I would rather have an 15-5 ratio honestly. Again I blame youth on this and there is LITERALLY no one who can beat Will at this point.

So, all the above, we are full of youth and until that youth grows the heck up we will continue to see this crap.

I can live with the above, if youth is the true issue.

What I cannot live with is Leach not know that the official was calling the punt dead that is sad on our whole staff level. I cant justify that at all. This is the one thing that truly bothers me from this past weekend.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. If we are holding the ball for 4 seconds, we should be able to throw a 60 yarder, or how ever far Will can deliver it.

You almost always have to call a deep shot once every 20 throws just to keep their safeties thinking. It will open up the deep cut routes too if you pump fake the deep throw.

Also, we need to get our RBs to play the middle of the field on the dump off. Multiple times Sat we lined up two RBs and both went straight to the sideline. One running the wheel and the other waiting on the screen. What if one got a chip block on the DE first and then ran a flag? What if one goes for the chip block abd we hand it to the sweeping motion WR. Seems like a good play for our Tulu to get the ball.

Either way, we need to add 6 more plays to our 6 play playbook. Too easy to cover. Too easy to come up and tackle. And our RBs are paying the price.

Last thing, seeing as we only run 6 plays, it shouldn?t take 34 seconds to snap the ball. Get lined up, get the play called and snap the ball. Half of the time, we should be snapping the ball with 25 seconds to 30 seconds left on the clock.

We are giving defenses too much time to diagnose the play.

vCash
    6.7 yards per pass is abysmal. If you complete 50 passes you should be approaching 600 yards of total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Since I am in the group of I really want Leach to succeed, but he has to prove it to me. I am going to take the side of we are so full of youth that we cannot get out of our way.

Looking at Memphis they didn't stop us not once during that whole first half. If we had to punt is was because we sputtered ourselves. We should have had 28 points in the first half.

On the game we had 9 penalties for 64 yards. In this offense with the way Will is playing we cannot get behind the 8ball. Nine times we got behind the 8ball, we fumbled once that lead to a TD.

Say what you want about the dink and dunk our average per pass was 6.7 yards, that is way more than enough to march down the field and score. Again penalties killed us.

Leach did bring up a good point in his presser, if we don't roll the ball back to Will on the 4th and goal we more than likely get that TD, mind you Polk caught the ball he just couldn't hold onto it when he landed on the ground. Leach said, since we rolled the ball back there then whos to say we don't roll the ball back on the field goal. He said we had 82 out of 83 good snaps, just on that one it was bad. youth!

All the above I blame youth and inexperience, outside of LaTech our oline has done a great job of pass pro. Especially with Will holding the ball for the entire "Gone with the Wind" movie before he throws it. I don't know how much more you could ask of them for pass pro.

What I don't understand and Leach alluded to it in his presser is that we need to try and go downfield more. Now that Leach has FINALLY brought that up I look forward to the forward pass taking place more next week. I really think Will is scared to throw it downfield. Way? IDK! I mean it is nice to see a 8-1 TD to INT ratio. But, I would rather have an 15-5 ratio honestly. Again I blame youth on this and there is LITERALLY no one who can beat Will at this point.

So, all the above, we are full of youth and until that youth grows the heck up we will continue to see this crap.

I can live with the above, if youth is the true issue.

What I cannot live with is Leach not know that the official was calling the punt dead that is sad on our whole staff level. I cant justify that at all. This is the one thing that truly bothers me from this past weekend.
    YOUTH !!

Will has only started eight or nine games. Give him a little more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    YOUTH !!

Will has only started eight or nine games. Give him a little more time.
    Saturday was Will's 8th start and he's a true sophomore so I think we need to cut him a little slack. However, there are receivers open downfield on almost every play but Will hesitates. Those times he hasn't hesitated he's thrown for big gains. He hit Polk in double coverage Saturday. Polk high pointed the ball beautifully. Those throws are there. Will has to take them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Saturday was Will's 8th start and he's a true sophomore so I think we need to cut him a little slack. .
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

Add to the fact that Rogers is the son of a coach and ran some of this offense in HS- age is really not an excuse. His football intelligence is Sr level
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Saturday was Will's 8th start and he's a true sophomore so I think we need to cut him a little slack. However, there are receivers open downfield on almost every play but Will hesitates. Those times he hasn't hesitated he's thrown for big gains. He hit Polk in double coverage Saturday. Polk high pointed the ball beautifully. Those throws are there. Will has to take them.
    You're right.

vCash
    I really don't think the game has slowed down for him as of yet, as yall have stated this was his 8th start. 1 spring game and 8 starts to run an offense that needs a legit field general to run it. That's hard. But, yeah stop think and take the shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

Add to the fact that Rogers is the son of a coach and ran some of this offense in HS- age is really not an excuse. His football intelligence is Sr level
    Then why has the game not slowed down for him? He is clearly over thinking and not just reading and reacting as he should be. Does he just enjoy standing back there like a statue?

vCash
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

Are those guys all true sophomores?

vCash
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

What is the significants of these other schools having true sophomore QBs?

vCash
    All but Seals have a better yards per attempt and yards per completion

vCash
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

There you go bringing facts and logic into opinions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    What is the significants of these other schools having true sophomore QBs?
    I just assumed you did your research. Connor Bazelak is a JR. Zack Calzada is a redshirt Sophomore. KJ Jefferson is a redshirt sophomore. The only other true sophomores playing in the SEC are Johnson, Seals, and Young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    I just assumed you did your research. Connor Bazelak is a JR. Zack Calzada is a redshirt Sophomore. KJ Jefferson is a redshirt sophomore. The only other true sophomores playing in the SEC are Johnson, Seals, and Young
    Bazelak is a R-Soph-

But all those are Sophs at the end of the day. You dont get 3 years to grow and make excuses. People expect results by your 2nd year in college ball. People been saying Nix at Auburn sux for 2 years. Why was he not given the young excuse his 1st 2 years? This season his QBR is higher than Rogers. He has 5 TD's to no picks. He completes 66% of his passes and doesnt throw mostly to RB's.
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-20-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Much like some of y'all did with croom and SloMo y'all would rather die on a hill about a coach or player than see them truth about the state of our football program.
    We are bad bad bad. We hired an offensive genius yet the best part of our team is defense.
    I knew after the KY game in 18 SloMo wasn't the right hire. Well I'm 100% sure now after this Memphis game Leach ain't it either. We need leach to say ok I'm ready to head to key west because the look on his face on the sidelines and in interviews is a guy that's checked out mentally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Much like some of y'all did with croom and SloMo y'all would rather die on a hill about a coach or player than see them truth about the state of our football program.
    We are bad bad bad. We hired an offensive genius yet the best part of our team is defense.
    I knew after the KY game in 18 SloMo wasn't the right hire. Well I'm 100% sure now after this Memphis game Leach ain't it either. We need leach to say ok I'm ready to head to key west because the look on his face on the sidelines and in interviews is a guy that's checked out mentally.
    I do not recall any time in the past 20 years where we could quick strike, like we are starting to show. I hear you on your take but, I can also see freshmen and sophomores with skill sets we did not have in the past.
    I still remember our receivers could not get separation in the spread and the griping on the site about our receivers.
    The plays are there to make, and in a way we have not had before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I do not recall any time in the past 20 years where we could quick strike, like we are starting to show. I hear you on your take but, I can also see freshmen and sophomores with skill sets we did not have in the past.
    I still remember our receivers could not get separation in the spread and the griping on the site about our receivers.
    The plays are there to make, and in a way we have not had before.
    There's plays to be made by every team every Saturday. Didn't mean they are made. Geez! Agree skill position is better but we have issues that are related to bigger problems.
    Look at the little things and see how bad this is. Like the fact we lead the SEC in penalties, we have our HC look like he doesn't give a damn.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Leach?s demeanor on sidelines has always been that way as far as I?ve seen. Right or wrong, we knew that?d be the case when we hired him.

vCash
    Bazelak- Mizzou- Soph
    Johnson- LSU - Soph
    Young= Bama- Soph
    Jefferson- UPig- Soph
    Calzada- A&M- Soph
    Seals- Vandy- Soph

4 run first offenses whose throw game is built off play action. The other two are surrounded by nothing but 5 and 4 stars. Will is having to do everything himself.