Thread: Alright, we all spent the last 24 hours bitching

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Alright, we all spent the last 24 hours bitching

Time to move on. Everything we need to do awaits us in 6 days.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I agree with that, 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Are you shutting the board down? A bit over the top, huh?

We don't play the game 24 hr rule don't apply to us so carry on with the discussion.

What does everything we need to do in 6 days mean? No flame, just curious.

vCash
    Agree!

vCash
    If we win in 6 days, all will be forgiven.

vCash
    Our OL has their work cut out for them Sat. Patrick Dempsey Jr. may have cauliflower ears by the bye week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Are you shutting the board down? A bit over the top, huh?

We don't play the game 24 hr rule don't apply to us so carry on with the discussion.

What does everything we need to do in 6 days mean? No flame, just curious.
    Six days from that post we open SEC play at Davis Wade against LSU.

vCash
    I finally got to see us play after a long few weeks working IDA. Not impressed especially the second half. Penalties, play calling and mistakes in game 3 make me think we aren't well coached.
    I have no confidence we will win Saturday. I just can't get over the second half when we had all the "Mo" and Leach went to sleep at the wheel with terrible play calling and not kicking field goal when we were up 10! Defense plays much harder and faster than our so called "Air Raid" which is slow mo offense and out dated in todays game. Pretty simple to read on defense, 3 -5-3 zone and attack short dump passes, not much error for passing lanes either.
    Lsu is a mess as well, but I can see them getting up for us and they have way more talent. Sorry I don't believe in Air Raid or the Pirate!

vCash
    LSU, UK and Vandy look like the only possible wins for us remaining outside of TSU. The problem now is we need to beat all 3 to make a bowl game. If we lose Saturday it?s going to be almost impossible barring a miracle for us to get to 6-6

vCash
    JUST BEAT LSU

vCash
    So you are basically sweeping the events of this past weekend under the rug, like the SEC and the MSU administration seems to be doing! It never happened so move on!

Peachy!

If you don't want this to happen again you must grow a set and complain loudly to those who can affect the outcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    So you are basically sweeping the events of this past weekend under the rug, like the SEC and the MSU administration seems to be doing! It never happened so move on!

Peachy!

If you don't want this to happen again you must grow a set and complain loudly to those who can affect the outcome!
    We complained after the receiver from Bama went out of bounds and came back in bounds to catch what turned out to be pretty much the game winning TD. Nothing happened.
    We complained the next year when they didn't review a fumble on Bama's first drive, and then called us for a block in the back at the goal line when our guy never touched him. Nothing happened.
    We are now complaining about a punt our guys didn't field properly. Sure there were multiple, multiple, multiple other issues like the SEC not even reviewing the play and then turning around and calling a different penalty on us that wasn't even flagged on the field during the onside kick..... nothing will happen.

Fact is, win some damn football games and then start complaining. Memphis beating us is on par with Bama losing to MSU. It should never happen and Bama's coaches are the ones that fight for their team when shitty plays happen.
    Leach wasn't even paying attention to the play, judging by his expression. He was obviously talking offense with someone, probably Will on the sideline while the entire event happened. He had no clue what the situation was, but someone on our staff did. Someone should have been irate on the sideline. Someone on our coaching staff should have gotten thrown out of the game over it, at least forcing a strong review with specific items noted for the review.

None of those happened.

I will add a challenge to our fanbase.... Leach does the radio show each Thursday starting at 7p.m. in downtown Starkville at the Downtown partnership. If you have an issue, bring yo ass down here, make some signs, get your question out there, and show Leach this shit is unacceptable. Unacceptable that it can happen and he isn't chewing someone's ear off. Unacceptable that him and every single other player, coach, radio talking head, etc are not blowing up the air waves busting their ass over these calls. So you either show up, or you too are part of the problem.

@HailStateBSP is the twitter account to get your questions in for this Thursday's radio show if you cannot make it.

Either way, man up or shut up is really the only two options. I will clue you in, Leach doesn't read this board, but he will be at the radio show.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 09-21-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Nah, history says teams rarely if ever overcome a pitiful G5 loss. This season is unfortunately ?over? in week 3. There needs to be some changes and consequences within our program when something as bad as that happens. We will see if anything does. I doubt it.
    Last edited by MafiaDawg; 09-21-2021 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Nah, history says teams rarely if ever overcome a pitiful G5 loss. This season is unfortunately ?over? in week 3. There needs to be some changes and consequences within our program when something as bad as that happens. We will see if anything does. I doubt it.
    While I understand the circumstances aren?t the same and no I do not believe we go to the sugar bowl but Ole Miss did it and lost three games that year. Win or lose we weren?t going to win more than 6 or 7. My disappointment is now making a bowl games relies on beating LSU which will still be tough