Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's why I don't blame Cohen

vCash
    Your dont blow up a football program that's been to 10 straight bowls. Your fire SloMo and go out and hire the next Mullen.
    Cohen has destroyed two successful programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I think it has been said numerous of times that we are EXTREMELY stingy when it comes to spending and we just like to save, save, save... if that is truly the case then why should boosters want to boost more than they do when most of that money is going to go sit in a low interest savings account instead of into boosting our program?
    Yes Cohen should take a note from the mullen playbook when he came. Spend money to improve. If we don't have it then he needs to go get it. He also better hope he didn't screw this hire up or what are we paying him for, to learn on the job. He obviously hasn't done that it seems.
    Also he folded when it came to showing strength with the call this weekend. Pitiful.
    Next AD better be someone outside the program that has proven themselves. We need some excitement and energy from the AD and someone who is isn't going to take crap from the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Your dont blow up a football program that's been to 10 straight bowls. Your fire SloMo and go out and hire the next Mullen.
    Cohen has destroyed two successful programs.
    I think Cohen thought Moorhead was the next Mullen when he hired him. Big step though going from a coordinator job to actually setting the culture and running a program. In a lot of ways we were very lucky that Mullen turned out to be as good as he was. He had no track record at all in running a program when we hired him. Actually I'm sure Cohen thought he was taking the safe route hiring Leach because I'm sure that, of any coaches out there willing to take our job, Leach had by far the best track record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I think Cohen thought Moorhead was the next Mullen when he hired him. Big step though going from a coordinator job to actually setting the culture and running a program. In a lot of ways we were very lucky that Mullen turned out to be as good as he was. He had no track record at all in running a program when we hired him. Actually I'm sure Cohen thought he was taking the safe route hiring Leach because I'm sure that, of any coaches out there willing to take our job, Leach had by far the best track record.
    Dan Mullen coached under urban at UF and won two National titles... SloMo coached two years under Franklin in the big ten. Truth is no one knew the future but give me a National championship OC/DC than a guy who was a big 10 OC..
    We also could have hired Matt Candle, Blake Anderson, and will Healy after SloMo. But Cohen decided to blow the thing up and now look at us. Recruiting is taking, results on the field are tanking and the program as a whole is in very bad shape. This will not work here.