Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest question for Leach supporters

vCash

Honest question for Leach supporters

What is he going to do different to make any of the remaining games any better?

I'd love to have some hope because I don't want this humiliation for MSU but based on decades of Leach history, he ain't changin.

Hope you who are ultimate optimist?

vCash
    Look no further than Hal Mumme's little stint at Belhaven. They may have won more games before he got there. Innovative and such.

vCash
    There can’t be many supporters are there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    There can’t be many supporters are there?
    We still had idiots supporting Croom when he was canned. Never underestimate State fans ability to accept mediocrity

vCash
    How can anyone defend someone today who plainly failed their team yesterday?!
    It is very concerning this may become a pattern going forward. I am struggling to maintain hope, and I cannot help but wonder what the players are thinking.

vCash
    I still support him. Seeing that we have left at least 21-28 points a game on the field, from mistakes, misfires, etc.
    By end of the year if it is still the same then it is time to reconsider.
    His teams improve through the season, so I am curious to see if even half of those points start dropping in for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I still support him. Seeing that we have left at least 21-28 points a game on the field, from mistakes, misfires, etc.
    By end of the year if it is still the same then it is time to reconsider.
    His teams improve through the season, so I am curious to see if even half of those points start dropping in for us.
    Thanks for your honesty.

So the answer is play a more perfect game?

Anything else?

Banned
    vCash
    Simple. Do exactly what he said in his press conference in post game… Convince will to take chances down the field. We have receivers running open down the field. The offensive system is working. We are not hitting the guys down the feild. We are continually checking down. Our last drive shows exactly what our offense is supposed to look like.

vCash
    I've basically idolized the man for 15+ years, so it's going to get really hard for me if this goes South. But we've got to reduce the 1-yard dumpoffs to the RBs and throw downfield more, even if we have a few INTs.

The screwjob from yesterday is such a season-killer, because instead of looking ahead to our matchup with LSU and our chance to get into the top 25, we're wondering whether we're going to make a bowl.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 09-19-2021 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Our last drive shows exactly what our offense is supposed to look like.
    Teams don't usually face "prevent-D's" an entire game, lol. There's are reasons those down-field routes have been open late in games when we were down big...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I've basically idolized the man for 15+ years, so it's going to get really hard for me if this goes South. But we've got to reduce the 1-yard dumpoffs to the RBs and throw downfield more, even if we have a few INTs.

The screwjob from yesterday is such a season-killer, because of looking ahead to our matchup with LSU and our chance to get into the top 25, we're wondering whether we're going to make a bowl.
    Yeah I get all the theory of folks saying what Will should do, play a perfect game and all.

My question is what is Leach going to do to fix the issue? If the answer is more of the same like we've seen for 1.5 years then expect more of the same - offensive failure.

Preacher, since it is working I guess your answer is he doesn't have to do anything. Just more of the same. OK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

The screwjob from yesterday is such a season-killer, because of looking ahead to our matchup with LSU and our chance to get into the top 25, we're wondering whether we're going to make a bowl.
    We are the same team win or lose yesterday. A team with an anemic O and one dimensional heading into SEC play. 2-1 or 3-0 forecast don't look good. What is Leach gonna do?

I asked the question before season started and we are getting what I and others said we would get. Same, same, same.

vCash
    I'll give you an honest answer. We are expecting an immediate success from a program that has had two years of recruiting for this style offense and defense, a year and a part of one of changing the attitude/culture of the team. Reality is that you don't go in and completely remake a program overnight. This team got the screws put to it Saturday by three ABYSMAL calls, but still fought until the final play. This coaching staff and players are making strides in the direction that we want to go, but it takes time. The growth from the start of last year to the end was incredible. If we make the same growth this year, there will be people suffering from foot-in-mouth for giving up this early. You can save this post and tell me I missed if my prediction does not come true but I will say (assuming we stay healthy...we aren't very deep) 1. We win 7-8 games this year, 2. We give Bama and Texas A&M a fight until the final series, 3. We go to a bowl game and win it, 4. We continue to attract a higher level of recruiting talent than we have in the past and develop that talent as we have been doing over the past decade.

This group of guys has played with tons of heart and there has been a noticeable improvement from the start of the season. Continue to support them and the coaching staff....they deserve that much from the fanbase.

And if you are wanting me to give you specifics on the games we will win--Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee State and LSU I think are solid wins, we beat Ole Miss and Auburn quite probably and I think we have a legit chance against Arkansas....a win at Bama or A&M would be a surprise, but I won't be shocked if we can take A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Thanks for your honesty.

So the answer is play a more perfect game?

Anything else?
    More about, make the 4-5 plays in a game that top teams make. For me so far, we actually can see the plays on the field opening up. I don't remember seeing those big plays develop in the past.
    This game now is about making those big plays when they present themselves and usually it is teams with superior talent. I just want to see this system become the equilizer to that issue we will always have against top teams.
    Basically - Go make plays. They plays are there. He has freshmen that are his recruits to start filling the gaps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachkmb14 View Post
    I'll give you an honest answer. We are expecting an immediate success from a program that has had two years of recruiting for this style offense and defense, a year and a part of one of changing the attitude/culture of the team. Reality is that you don't go in and completely remake a program overnight. This team got the screws put to it Saturday by three ABYSMAL calls, but still fought until the final play. This coaching staff and players are making strides in the direction that we want to go, but it takes time. The growth from the start of last year to the end was incredible. If we make the same growth this year, there will be people suffering from foot-in-mouth for giving up this early. You can save this post and tell me I missed if my prediction does not come true but I will say (assuming we stay healthy...we aren't very deep) 1. We win 7-8 games this year, 2. We give Bama and Texas A&M a fight until the final series, 3. We go to a bowl game and win it, 4. We continue to attract a higher level of recruiting talent than we have in the past and develop that talent as we have been doing over the past decade.

This group of guys has played with tons of heart and there has been a noticeable improvement from the start of the season. Continue to support them and the coaching staff....they deserve that much from the fanbase.

And if you are wanting me to give you specifics on the games we will win--Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee State and LSU I think are solid wins, we beat Ole Miss and Auburn quite probably and I think we have a legit chance against Arkansas....a win at Bama or A&M would be a surprise, but I won't be shocked if we can take A&M.
    Wow so you are saying we may still win 10? I can't handle what you are drinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    More about, make the 4-5 plays in a game that top teams make. For me so far, we actually can see the plays on the field opening up. I don't remember seeing those big plays develop in the past.
    This game now is about making those big plays when they present themselves and usually it is teams with superior talent. I just want to see this system become the equilizer to that issue we will always have against top teams.
    Basically - Go make plays. They plays are there. He has freshmen that are his recruits to start filling the gaps
    OK, that is basically the dream formula for every team in America. Realistically, what will he do? What is Leach going to do to put players in position to make those 4-5 winning plays but suck the rest?

The reason teams make those 4-5 winning plays is because they have 40-50 possible winning plays a game. We don't. Completing 30 passes a game for 2 yards ain't winning plays.

vCash

It all makes sense....

vCash

You're are either inside the program, coach?, or totally delusional. I see us possibly beating Vandy and Tenn State; competitive for a while against LSU and the rest are blow outs. I sincerely hope that I am wrong but I don't see any glimmer of hope with an offensive as offensive as ours.

vCash
    I want leach to succeed. Ive always been a fan. But I dont know if I am in the supporter camp now. I put Mississippi State before mike leach so if he cant get it done get someone who can. Hopefully mike leach can get it going but I aint holding my breath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    What is he going to do different to make any of the remaining games any better?

I'd love to have some hope because I don't want this humiliation for MSU but based on decades of Leach history, he ain't changin.

Hope you who are ultimate optimist?
    Seems to me like the purpose of this thread is to attack the Leach supporters. Shifty!