Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Mugged in Memphis Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm sorry I made you mad Mr. Rogers.

He probably will put up 400 on LSU. Again, the stats are irrelevant. We'll pass it 65 times. He'll check it down to the RB 18 times. He'll hit Austin on a 4 yard slant. His completion % will look really good. But he'll completely not see our receivers wide open down the field. He won't make a throw past 20 yards down the field except maybe a time or two. He'll stand in the pocket too long and take unnecessary sacks.

I know I've bested you in an argument when you resort to "piss off" and "eat shit." You probably should be done with this if you can't handle it. No need in getting worked up this much Mr. Rogers.
    No. You havent bested anyone. You say the same thing every time and Will does the same thing every time. Lead the team and for the most part, win. Im done. Again eat shit and piss off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No. You havent bested anyone. You say the same thing every time and Will does the same thing every time. Lead the team and for the most part, win. Im done. Again eat shit and piss off.
    You're right. He does the same thing every time. He's done nothing to prove me wrong.

But you're right, he's a winner. We're headed towards 9 wins. No worries.

Bested.

vCash
    You're right. He does the same thing every time. He's done nothing to prove me wrong.

But you're right, he's a winner. We're headed towards 9 wins. No worries.

Bested.
    Congratulations

vCash
    I love all the QB play experts that just say Buh buh but Corral but but but ole miss. Just bc you listen to Bo Bounds talk about QB play doesnt mean you can evaluate it.

How anyone with a functioning brain that claims they are football knowledgeable can watch our games, and look at the stats like 7 likes to do and think its the QBs fault legitimately has a logic problem
    If you throw our lower division teams, we have only outperformed 1 team in total offense vs our opponents' common opponents. It was usf vs nc st... we got 45 more yards than USF. Ark st got 212 more than us vs memphis. Vs la tech, we got 435, which is 174 less than SELa and 143 less than smu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you throw our lower division teams, we have only outperformed 1 team in total offense vs our opponents' common opponents. It was usf vs nc st... we got 45 more yards than USF. Ark st got 212 more than us vs memphis. Vs la tech, we got 435, which is 174 less than SELa and 143 less than smu.
    So you can run all those stats and somehow come to the conclusion that our QB sucks and if we had our lord and savior Matt corral we would be scoring 85 points a game and never punt

vCash
    So you can run all those stats and somehow come to the conclusion that our QB sucks and if we had our lord and savior Matt corral we would be scoring 85 points a game and never punt
    Sorry you can't see corral is much better than will.

vCash

The most egregious part for me so far with Leach is 3rd/4th and short and goal to go situations. He has got to adapt. He has done it before idk why he is refusing to do it here. We are the easiest team in America to stop on 3rd and 1-3 yards. I am going to bring pressure and pinch my ends to take away inside zone and make you throw it 5-10 yards or hit a screen to simply get 1 yard. It makes no sense.

Idk why all of a sudden we can hit wide open guys consistently in the 4th quarter but chose to force ourselves to make 20 play drives all game. I am all for taking what they give you and Will does an excellent job of that. But Leach has to turn him loose more. We are making our lives so much harder.
    The reason he isnt adapting is because we don't have the players to run the air raid in its totality.
    Last edited by Fader21; 09-19-2021 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sorry you can't see corral is much better than will.
    See this just proves me right even more. When have I said that he is better that Corral? Obviously he is not the athlete Corral is. But if you put Corral here and made him throw it 65 times a game behind an OL that only has 2 or 3 guys with any considerable reps in the system, then add in the drops we have what would be the result? Will is doing all he can do. He is not perfect but I can promise you if Corral is in this offense we would turn it over at a way higher rate.

Leach has to adapt. He has to add to what he is running and there is plenty there to take advantage of.

vCash
    See this just proves me right even more. When have I said that he is better that Corral? Obviously he is not the athlete Corral is. But if you put Corral here and made him throw it 65 times a game behind an OL that only has 2 or 3 guys with any considerable reps in the system, then add in the drops we have what would be the result? Will is doing all he can do. He is not perfect but I can promise you if Corral is in this offense we would turn it over at a way higher rate.

Leach has to adapt. He has to add to what he is running and there is plenty there to take advantage of.
    Well Corral would do one thing. He would take off and get the 1st down or score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well Corral would do one thing. He would take off and get the 1st down or score.
    He would have to beat some LBs sitting with their eyes on him to do it

vCash
    Ive never seen State fans worship OM like ive seen here lately. They beat us on a fumble at the foot line while we had 43 kids on the sideline. But yall think they are going to beat the Chiefs

vCash
    Will actually proves me right every week. He's got a 1 pt win over a CUSA team, 17 pts vs NC State, and a loss to Memphis. Is that really proving me wrong?

The stats are irrelevant. Every QB puts up numbers in the air raid. But the kid can't push the ball down the field. He has no mobility. He has bad pocket presence. He takes 12 seconds to make decisions.

He's the best we've got right now. I get that. But there's a reason his best offers besides us we're Wazzu, Tulane, and Troy. He's a borderline G5 QB that doesn't move the needle. I'm sorry, but it's true, and your constant excuses don't change that. Spin away Mr. Washing Machine
    This is a pretty accurate take IMO. Will is very hesitant, he doesn't come off of his presnap reads and find 2nd and 3rd receivers well, and he cannot throw accurately while on the move hardly at all. Arm strength does seem to be lacking some too. Can Will improve on all those ... I believe he can but he has a pretty good ways to go yet. Just compare Will to Gardner Minshew. It's night and day.

C34 can pound on the "system" all he wants but at the very least it should work against teams like Memphis and the lower to mid-tier SEC teams. Will it work against the Bamas, FLs, GAs of the world? Maybe not. But Memphis has a bad D and it should work against them regardless. It has historically worked against teams at that level or even above over many years.

Our talent level isn't very high plus the offense is really in Will's hands at the LOS. Blame Leach all you want but in his system Will can check off to anything he wants to at the LOS. And the OL and skill players all have to be on the same page. They're all still young and haven't grasped that yet near as I can tell. Also, our RBs may be somewhat tough with some power but they are not very elusive at all. I don't think they have developed great vision either yet. So IMO execution right now is the bigger problem.

I will add that Leach letting the punt return go by without a review was pathetic and pissed me off too. Sometimes I do wonder myself if he's semi-retired. While I haven't been keeping up with recruiting like I normally do, he seems to be letting some of our top DL in the State get away from us ... and that is our bread and butter and MS produces as many or more top DL as any state in the country. We gotta get those guys.

So IMO it's a combination of all and I personally always believe most any coach needs at least 3 and really 4 years to get a program turned around when it was bad coming in. There will be somewhat significant ups/downs along the way. And ours was bad after Moorhead screwed it up. This team does remind me somewhat of Mullen's 2016 team. Not sure there is as much talent on it tho.

vCash
    The most disappointing thing about Leach is the sloppiness and a lack of attention to detail. Everything else is what we thought it was.

I hope the kinks get worked out. I hope Rogers figured out how to read the whole field and find the wide ass open receivers. But I’m not a fan of this style of offense…and wasn’t when we hired the man. Nothing has changed my mind.

vCash
    Lets compare Minshew to Will. Minshew didnt get a D1 offer. There goes the Will has no talent theory. Minshew started in JUCO then transferred from 2 different schools before he was a 6th year senior at WSU. Will is a Soph. That is not a fair comparison. I know both of them very well and I can tell you they were both a lot a like. I couldnt care less if anyone believes me or not.

vCash
    Lets compare Minshew to Will. Minshew didnt get a D1 offer. There goes the Will has no talent theory. Minshew started in JUCO then transferred from 2 different schools before he was a 6th year senior at WSU. Will is a Soph. That is not a fair comparison. I know both of them very well and I can tell you they were both a lot a like. I couldnt care less if anyone believes me or not.
    Not arguing those points. Not here to bash Will either. I said Will needs to improve a lot of things. Also pointed out he's still young and he is a true soph. One of his main problems right now may be confidence in his decisions which may be why he's hesitant.

Some people on here bashed our historic best players ever and ready to sit them if they make one mistake. That's just what they do especially in game threads. Try not to overreact to strenuously when they do that cause no matter what ... they will do that.

Just like now ... I said he has a lot of improvement to make and you jumping up to vehemently defend him. What's kinda unrealistic some is how you're automatically projecting him to be as good as our best ever sometimes ... or at least it's coming across that way. He ain't there yet by a long stretch. He's gonna get criticized dude no matter how good he becomes. Better kinda get used to it.

vCash
    Oh believe me I am fine with criticism. He is not perfect but the hate on him here is over the top. He knows he missed a TD to Polk on the first post route. Nobody is harder on Will than Will is.

vCash
    Some folks almost always think there's a backup that's better. In our history Dak may have been the only exception to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Some folks almost always think there's a backup that's better. In our history Dak may have been the only exception to that.
    Nope. We don't have a backup that's better than Will. At least not right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    The most disappointing thing about Leach is the sloppiness and a lack of attention to detail. Everything else is what we thought it was.

I hope the kinks get worked out. I hope Rogers figured out how to read the whole field and find the wide ass open receivers. But I’m not a fan of this style of offense…and wasn’t when we hired the man. Nothing has changed my mind.
    Mullen's 2016 team was like that too. Frustrating as hell to watch. Then they turned into the 2017 team and would've really given Bama a run in 2018 IMO if Mullen stays.

ETA: My main point is that a lot of that can be attributed to youth. And this is still a very young team.

vCash
    Oh believe me I am fine with criticism. He is not perfect but the hate on him here is over the top. He knows he missed a TD to Polk on the first post route. Nobody is harder on Will than Will is.
    I just want Will to push it down the field more and scramble a little more when warranted. That's it. And I think doing that would solve most of our offensive issues.