Thread: I AM DONE!

vCash

I AM DONE!

Let me be clear, I will always support the team win or lose. But, I am done going to bat for this staff, I wrote off last year for youth, new system, COVID, you name it I used it as an excuse. I cannot do that anymore, I don't care about "if this offense will work in this league" what I care about is stupidity. Pre-snap penalties are stupid errors and three weeks in a row of that crap is utterly not acceptable. All of the holding calls not acceptable, not picking up a stupid ball and handing it to the ref, not acceptable. Watching us shred them on that final touchdown and not watching us do that all game long... not acceptable, whether that is Leach or noodle arm, not acceptable. Being completely shafted by the biggest thing you can think of by our own officials not acceptable. Not having all of much less just one of our coaches for getting thrown out of the game because they flipped their crap over the punt TD, not acceptable, same for the freaking onside kick! THERE WAS NO FLAG FOR ILLEGAL BLOCKING YOU CANT REPLY AND FIND ONE!

The fact that every single person in our administration hasn't publicly come out and chastised the SEC officiating office, is not acceptable! The SEC should be utterly ashamed of what took place today, not acceptable! The fact that we should have just blown that team out of the water today is not acceptable!

I want Leach to win hear, I really do. But, I am done trying to make excuses for him. He is going to have to show that he can win and a big part of that is having this team come out at home next week and not have 85 pre snap penalties, and for us to throw the ball down the field on the first drive and do that all game freaking long! This is stupid, like utterly stupid! We have the talent and skill, get it done or freaking leave!

HAILSTATE!!!

vCash
    Totally agree. Great post. The entire operation from the president of our university to whoever sits in the press box for was & has been unacceptable.

It may take some firing to get this admin to care about football again.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Not putting a game away when the chance is in front of you is self abuse. We need a shrink.

Archimedes
    vCash
    The illegal block is a tricky one on the onside kick. Technically it is reviewable call but what is unclear is can it be called when the review was started for illegal touching.

If the officials had gotten it right on the field I highly highly doubt they ever stop play to review for that block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The illegal block is a tricky one on the onside kick. Technically it is reviewable call but what is unclear is can it be called when the review was started for illegal touching.

If the officials had gotten it right on the field I highly highly doubt they ever stop play to review for that block.
    Being reviewable I believe means that if a flag is thrown then it can be overturned. I don't think any penalty can be called unless it was challenged.

vCash
    If you check the rules, the illegal block is one of the things that is reviewable for a penalty even if a flag is not thrown. So I'm pretty much past that now.

My concern is where do you go from here. Let's say we go 4-8 and decide to can Mike Leach. Who wants the job? I like the variations of the air raid that you see now. Higher octane offense with a dual threat QB but running the football effectively is still a priority.

We need a younger coach that's got some of the fire Mullen had when he got here. Who fits that bill? Like I said in an earlier post, some of what Leach does is good. But we can't run an offense that takes years for someone to understand it. Not in today's game when transfers and 1st/2nd year players are playing all over the field for successful programs.

vCash
    I'd throw $5 million at Ryan Silverfield on Nov 26, 2021. If he accepts, call the bar in key west. Tell Leach we will pack up his belongings and ship them to him. Good bye.

vCash
    I feel for the kids on this team. If they did not know, during the game, how many times their head coach did NOT stand up for them, they know now. For all of them that have been really giving it their all, they?ve got to be feeling abandoned by their head coach. What kind of motivator going forward is that Coach?!!? How can you call anybody out now, for subpar performance, and expect them to respect and listen to you?!

vCash
    What was illegal about the block on the onside kick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Let me be clear, I will always support the team win or lose. But, I am done going to bat for this staff, I wrote off last year for youth, new system, COVID, you name it I used it as an excuse. I cannot do that anymore, I don't care about "if this offense will work in this league" what I care about is stupidity. Pre-snap penalties are stupid errors and three weeks in a row of that crap is utterly not acceptable. All of the holding calls not acceptable, not picking up a stupid ball and handing it to the ref, not acceptable. Watching us shred them on that final touchdown and not watching us do that all game long... not acceptable, whether that is Leach or noodle arm, not acceptable. Being completely shafted by the biggest thing you can think of by our own officials not acceptable. Not having all of much less just one of our coaches for getting thrown out of the game because they flipped their crap over the punt TD, not acceptable, same for the freaking onside kick! THERE WAS NO FLAG FOR ILLEGAL BLOCKING YOU CANT REPLY AND FIND ONE!

The fact that every single person in our administration hasn't publicly come out and chastised the SEC officiating office, is not acceptable! The SEC should be utterly ashamed of what took place today, not acceptable! The fact that we should have just blown that team out of the water today is not acceptable!

I want Leach to win hear, I really do. But, I am done trying to make excuses for him. He is going to have to show that he can win and a big part of that is having this team come out at home next week and not have 85 pre snap penalties, and for us to throw the ball down the field on the first drive and do that all game freaking long! This is stupid, like utterly stupid! We have the talent and skill, get it done or freaking leave!

HAILSTATE!!!
    BYE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    What was illegal about the block on the onside kick?
    You can't block an opposing player before the ball travels 10 yards. I mean we clearly did that, but people are upset that we got called for the penalty. Rules say that is one specific infraction that can be reviewed. It was the right call. Just sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    You can't block an opposing player before the ball travels 10 yards. I mean we clearly did that, but people are upset that we got called for the penalty. Rules say that is one specific infraction that can be reviewed. It was the right call. Just sucks.
    Yeah no issue with it if that is the rule; here is the rub.

They reviewed that game changing play but the one before - even a bigger game changer literally the game, they did nothing and got it wrong. When it benefitted Memphis they went all out to find something to help, not so otherwise.

vCash

HAILSTATE!!!
    I totally agree! And these people that continue to say things like they?ll bookmark/screenshot post like these are seriously delusional. Why do they truly believe that things are going to get better this year and even better next year. How can you actually believe that. Oh sure Will is going to break passing records. Breaking passing records is not winning games! We will not win games and 100% will not win games in the SEC!

I would like to know as season ticket holder, bulldog club member and a faithful fan. How to send a message to Keenum/Cohen that I and many, many others in the fan base are not happy with the direction of the football program and the university. The only way I know how to display my displeasure with Keenum/Cohen and Leech is reframe from my donations, my attendance and my support! I will never ever boo my team or blame certain players. I?m done! The future is crystal clear to me. Loosing is unacceptable to me. If loosing is acceptable to you then you are in my opinion a large part of the problem. Yes I?m in Memphis, was at the game, did huge tailgating party.

vCash
    If you check the rules, the illegal block is one of the things that is reviewable for a penalty even if a flag is not thrown. So I'm pretty much past that now.

My concern is where do you go from here. Let's say we go 4-8 and decide to can Mike Leach. Who wants the job? I like the variations of the air raid that you see now. Higher octane offense with a dual threat QB but running the football effectively is still a priority.

We need a younger coach that's got some of the fire Mullen had when he got here. Who fits that bill? Like I said in an earlier post, some of what Leach does is good. But we can't run an offense that takes years for someone to understand it. Not in today's game when transfers and 1st/2nd year players are playing all over the field for successful programs.
    That is the first I have ever heard of that. Interesting! I don't know where we go from here, I am in the camp of I want Leach to work. But, Dang he has a lot of proving to do, I am as irate with him currently as I was with slomo when we fired him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    BYE
    Clearly you didn't read what I wrote.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I totally agree! And these people that continue to say things like they?ll bookmark/screenshot post like these are seriously delusional. Why do they truly believe that things are going to get better this year and even better next year. How can you actually believe that. Oh sure Will is going to break passing records. Breaking passing records is not winning games! We will not win games and 100% will not win games in the SEC!

I would like to know as season ticket holder, bulldog club member and a faithful fan. How to send a message to Keenum/Cohen that I and many, many others in the fan base are not happy with the direction of the football program and the university. The only way I know how to display my displeasure with Keenum/Cohen and Leech is reframe from my donations, my attendance and my support! I will never ever boo my team or blame certain players. I?m done! The future is crystal clear to me. Loosing is unacceptable to me. If loosing is acceptable to you then you are in my opinion a large part of the problem. Yes I?m in Memphis, was at the game, did huge tailgating party.
    Since you were at the game, what was the read of the sidelines?

vCash
    Since you were at the game, what was the read of the sidelines?
    IMO a not hold your head up, show up and win attitude. Not a lot of juice. VS Memphis?s sideline determined, focused and desire.

vCash
    What about two #4 in on the return? Ref calling punt dead? Even SEC admitted 'both' wete bad calls!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    IMO a not hold your head up, show up and win attitude. Not a lot of juice. VS Memphis?s sideline determined, focused and desire.
    TBH non of this makes sense, like I don't get it. Leach has never had teams carry themselves like that. What makes it even more weird is usually if the sideline is chill and not energetic the play on the field is the same, and that just isn't the case. The kids don't quit.