Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is who we need

vCash

This is who we need

vCash
    Leach isn't even on the hot seat. Unless he quits he is probably getting 4 years

vCash
    I think MSU administration has sent a clear message that baseball is top priority and the other programs are just kind of there. The football program is toast. There will be no meaningful change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I think MSU administration has sent a clear message that baseball is top priority and the other programs are just kind of there. The football program is toast. There will be no meaningful change.
    True.

vCash
    The last hire shoulda been Neal brown or Dave clawson. I'd try to get one of them again if we have an opening in a year or 2

ETA... I didn't hate the leach hire at the time. I'm still hopeful we can get a difference maker at qb, and then this offense will click.
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-19-2021 at 08:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The last hire shoulda been Neal brown or Dave clawson. I'd try to get one of them again if we have an opening in a year or 2
    You ain't getting Brown from WVU...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You ain't getting Brown from WVU...
    Wouldn't hurt to try. Clawson is better either way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Wouldn't hurt to try. Clawson is better either way
    I do think he would be a better fit than what we have now

vCash
    Baseball will be toast as well. Football is paying the bills on that too.

vCash
    While true, they can't afford to let go to waste either. Not for long anyway.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Leach isn't even on the hot seat. Unless he quits he is probably getting 4 years
    Well he already quit being an offensive genius in 2006, so?. He is already a quitter.

vCash
    There is no question Brown or Clawson should?ve been hired in 2018. I mean I know I was told they both suck and Moorhead would be great but Clawson takes the worst talented team in the ACC and wins. Brown took over a disaster from Holgerson and just beat their arch rival who is ranked in the top 15 but I?m glad Moorhead worked out

vCash
    Always love these "Get rid of him now!" posts over the years. Yes, let's fire someone every two years if we don't get immediate results. Who would come coach this dumpster fire?

Leach will win in time.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Always love these "Get rid of him now!" posts over the years. Yes, let's fire someone every two years if we don't get immediate results. Who would come coach this dumpster fire?

Leach will win in time.
    Why do we have to wait more than two years to see improvement, when every other program except Vandy and USCe can do it?

vCash
    True. I can't believe we're prioritizing baseball over football. It's University suicide IMO

Getting the NIL going in baseball before football is a clear sign
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    A for Leach, I think we have to see this through.

While I'm not sure Leach was the RIGHT hire yet, I do believe MSU football needed to modernize. At worst, we move on from Leach in two years & we've got a roster built to throw the ball, which should be intriguing to modern offensive minds
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

Leach will win in time.
    If you could point out where we are better than last year I'm all ears cuz... all these penalties and dumb mistakes we make usually is a precursor to an underlying problem and it' relates directly to.... guess what pro ... coaching, now who is responsible for coaching football at Mississippi state university... ill hang up and listen Paul

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    True. I can't believe we're prioritizing baseball over football. It's University suicide IMO

Getting the NIL going in baseball before football is a clear sign
    This whole "we are prioritizing baseball over football" is pure non-sense. The NIL is being done by an outside firm, not the university, and they have said baseball is where they are starting b/c it's easier to get it going with 35 as opposed to 85 players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I don't think we extended his contract after last season which is a plus. If we go 6-6 or worse this year, hopefully Cohen doesn't extend it this year either. That will leave him with just 2 years on his contract and he will be coaching for his job in 2022.

Banned
    vCash

Leach will win in time.
    Outstanding post. If you fire someone every two years you will have Kansas.