Thread: Here's why I'm done with Leach

vCash

Here's why I'm done with Leach

I said at the end of last year that I would maintain optimism until he proved to me that he wouldn't make adjustments. Today was that day for me. Line blocked well and they gave us the free short passes. The reason Will couldn't find open men is because the defense knows he isn't going to run and that allows backers to drift back and crowd space. This offense is dead in the water if our QB isn't encouraged to run. Winning today wouldn't change that. Poor running backs are getting beat up like crazy out there for 2 yards, I feel sorry for every kid on our offense because they are set up for failure,

But the worst part is this. He basically trashed our players after the game again and took zero responsibility when we all know the offensive scheme sucks. Players are expected to improve every week but why aren't coaches?

vCash
    Weren’t there seven holding calls today? You can’t win with that but I agree he does not adjust.

vCash
    Same here. I have been a supporter, but three games in a row where we cannot get anything done offensively seems more than just a rut. I possibly will just skip the LSU game because I have an feeling it will be 3-2 croomtastic type loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Weren?t there seven holding calls today? You can?t win with that but I agree he does not adjust.
    Leach quote "you are either coaching it or allowing it" ie wide splits

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We also don?t do our linemen any favor when the defense knows there is no run threat. That have to pass block 60 times a game against DL who know we?re passing. There are going to be holding calls. Will had time today. We had to have had guys open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    We also don?t do our linemen any favor when the defense knows there is no run threat. That have to pass block 60 times a game against DL who know we?re passing. There are going to be holding calls. Will had time today. We had to have had guys open.
    Dead on Sherman. It's funny that every defensive mind out there knows all this and we can't seem to figure it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Good post.

And if you really want the wind knocked out of your sails....consider this: we haven't even played an SEC team yet, and we still look this bad, lol.

Obviously, we should be brimming with confidence.**

vCash
    I'm still in shock when I think about it. We hired Mike Leach at State. I never ever thought that would happen. Our next coach will be a run heavy coach again and we'll start recruiting dual threat QB's again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm still in shock when I think about it. We hired Mike Leach at State. I never ever thought that would happen. Our next coach will be a run heavy coach again and we'll start recruiting dual threat QB's again.
    If leach would have gotten Will to run today when he has green, we win. That freakin simple.

vCash
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...mp-content=amp

Interesting article that called it right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...mp-content=amp

Interesting article that called it right
    That's a letter from a fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's a letter from a fan.
    From an editor.