Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss offense

vCash

Ole Miss offense

I know they have a 1st round qb running the show but man their offense gets guys open or in 1-1 matchups where they can win and get YAC. I just watched them concert a 3rd and 15 with a 8?yard pass. Yeah the Tulane guy blew the tackle and it should have been 4th down - but the play design isolated that wr to where IF he made the guy miss there wasn?t another defender with 15 yards.

Maybe better defenses bottle it up more but they do a good job of scheming to create mismatches.

vCash
    I will give them this, Kiffen is a great offensive coach. They picked a good one when they hired him. Only problem is keeping him. We all know he aint staying there long...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I will give them this, Kiffen is a great offensive coach. They picked a good one when they hired him. Only problem is keeping him. We all know he aint staying there long...
    They?ve scored damn near as much in the first half against Tulane as our offense has scored combined in the last two games.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Lane is a good coach. I highly doubt hes in Oxford for much longer

vCash
    It?s sickening to watch them run up and down the field at will and our pathetic system is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. And, yes, Kiffin is a very good coach that is adaptable to his personnel and who his opponent is.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 09-19-2021 at 05:52 AM.

vCash
    I think Lane has found a good mix of Coeds he can work with in Oxford who don?t spread and tell. He may be there longer than you think. And like the previous poster said, there is a Hair Place in Oxford where the Cougars are willing and somewhat discrete.

vCash
    The OM offense is light years ahead of ours. It's a perfect mix of air raid concepts, rpo, spread option, TE, no TE,etc, and it's all run with great tempo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The OM offense is light years ahead of ours. It's a perfect mix of air raid concepts, rpo, spread option, TE, no TE,etc, and it's all run with great tempo.
    Ah, so a modern offense...which incorporates flexibility, adjustments, and considers the personnel? I can't believe that actually works, lol.

Seriously, it's really embarrassing hearing Mike talk about how "even the NFL runs the air raid", as if it has anything to do with the scheme he runs. When was the last time we ran a bootleg? Has he even called one while coaching at State?

We refuse to move the pocket, call QB runs, encourage QB scampers, etc...

Losing this way is infuriating. It shouldn't be this bad, unless of course, you're insisting that a win comes your way or not at all.

vCash
    Shame we lost out on Ealy. He's a really good RB. Thought he was going to sign with us at one time. Too bad he didn't sign the baseball contract like lots of people on this site thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Shame we lost out on Ealy. He's a really good RB. Thought he was going to sign with us at one time. Too bad he didn't sign the baseball contract like lots of people on this site thought.
    So Ealy could catch lateral passes for no gain with us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    So Ealy could catch lateral passes for no gain with us?
    And get blown up doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    We have two better running backs and don't use them correctly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We have two better running backs and don't use them correctly
    I?m not sure i agree with you there. Ealy is pretty talented.

vCash
    Biggest thing is they have a pro QB running the show and their OL is light years ahead of ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Biggest thing is they have a pro QB running the show and their OL is light years ahead of ours.
    Their system is much easier to block for bc you don't know what's coming; they're #2 in rushing and passing offense in the conf.

We have a potential 1st round LT to build around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    we could switch Olines with them and the results would be the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Lane is a good coach. I highly doubt hes in Oxford for much longer
    I seem to recall a lot of people said this about Saban, also.

vCash
    If I were Bama I'd be extremely nervous about their upcoming game with them

vCash
    we could switch Olines with them and the results would be the same.
    Completely agree. It?s not like they have a bunch of Tunsils on that OL.

Tulane put 5 men in the box to start the game, and they ran for like 300 yards. Tulane started bringing an extra man into the box, they started hitting them deep.

The fact that they adjust their offense to take what the defense gives them is very frustrating to watch, while we consistently pass into the drop 8 is annoying.