Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do SEC refs hate us SO MUCH.??...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I guess Matt Brock should have been the one raising hell since he is our special teams coach. Leach was apparently trying to straighten out our offensive issues and didn't even see the play.
    It was Leach's responsibility. He should be aware of what all is going on in the game. Guarantee Saban would have been raising hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It was Leach's responsibility. He should be aware of what all is going on in the game. Guarantee Saban would have been raising hell.
    SEC refs would have never done that to Bama so its kind of irrelevant what Saban would do.

vCash
    Yea, that was unusual though because we were a garbage team and BYU still had a chance at the BCS championship game which would have meant millions and millions to their school. Sort of a special circumstance.
    Those were Mountain West officials protecting their team. Pretty much the opposite of what happened to us.

vCash
    SEC refs would have never done that to Bama so its kind of irrelevant what Saban would do.
    Not sure i agree with this. I think saban gets the better crews for big games to avoid the media backlash when they screwup. Aub got the diverse crew because of national exposure. We no doubt got the D string. Bottom line - we have to be prepared to challenge their incompetence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Not sure i agree with this. I think saban gets the better crews for big games to avoid the media backlash when they screwup. Aub got the diverse crew because of national exposure. We no doubt got the D string. Bottom line - we have to be prepared to challenge their incompetence
    Lol this was a shaft job, not incompetence. When reviewing the onside kick they start an egg hunt for a penalty, and come up with block in the back, on you know who. They were showing us they were screwing us. I don't know if they were paid to botch the game, but it was a deliberate action by members of this crew. They showed as much on the punt return.

vCash
    Dick Pace approves this thread......

https://youtu.be/DocxZM1lQEg
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 09-19-2021 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Lol this was a shaft job, not incompetence. When reviewing the onside kick they start an egg hunt for a penalty, and come up with block in the back, on you know who. They were showing us they were screwing us. I don't know if they were paid to botch the game, but it was a deliberate action by members of this crew. They showed as much on the punt return.
    I would be more impressed if they had the competence to pull that off. This cluster17
    Would not have been possible unless we also contributed and we obliged. Blowing someone up on an onside attempt is reviewable just like targeting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Yep, anyone who believes its just random incompetence with SEC refs that ALWAYS results in screwing us then you must also believe in fairies and unicorns. I challenge anyone who believes that to name anything close to this of screw job be called IN OUR FAVOR by an SEC crew ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Dick Pace approves this thread......
    Not quite as bad as the Dick Pace call, which was the worst call in the history of college football, but the call was terrible. Guess we must not have spotters in the booth to tell the coach what happened. Somebody should have spotted two number 4's for Memphis. Reminds me of the call in Tuscaloosa during the Moorhead era when the Alabama RB fumbled at the start of the game, the referees ruled the runner was down, and the announcers said the ball was out before he was down and the play should be challenged. Clearly you could see on the replay that the ball was out before the runner was down. The State players came out cheering that they recovered the fumble, but Moorhead didn't challenge and Alabama maintained possession. Of course the play may not have mattered that much since Alabama beat the heck out of us, but it was definitely a missed call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    I would be more impressed if they had the competence to pull that off. This cluster17
    Would not have been possible unless we also contributed and we obliged. Blowing someone up on an onside attempt is reviewable just like targeting.
    I never saw it. Did you see the infraction?

vCash
    Who did they actually call the illegal block on during the onside kick? Was it the kicker or somebody else?

vCash
    Who did they actually call the illegal block on during the onside kick? Was it the kicker or somebody else?
    I could be wrong, but it appeared to be no. 34.

vCash
    Shaft job.

vCash
    Guy to the left of the kicker. It looked like he hit the guy before the ball went 10. Is that reviewable?

As to why it happens to us, the need to feel superior to "that group of people over there" is baked into all humans. Mississippi is an easy target for that basic drive. State fits the bill for a lot of folks too. I've run in to it numerous times in my engineering career. It's funny to me now in that arena. It affects nearly all aspects of life. To me, the ref looked a bit pleased making some of the calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grinnindawg View Post
    Guy to the left of the kicker. It looked like he hit the guy before the ball went 10. Is that reviewable?

As to why it happens to us, the need to feel superior to "that group of people over there" is baked into all humans. Mississippi is an easy target for that basic drive. State fits the bill for a lot of folks too. I've run in to it numerous times in my engineering career. It's funny to me now in that arena. It affects nearly all aspects of life. To me, the ref looked a bit pleased making some of the calls.
    Just can't figure out why SEC refs want to shaft an SEC team playing an OOC G5 team? Everything about that is negative for the SEC. Pretty decent chance that hose job yesterday will keep us out of a bowl game which certainly doesn't help the league. At least when we get jobbed against Alabama and the other SEC elites it makes more sense that the league wants to protect their teams that have a chance to get into the playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Not quite as bad as the Dick Pace call, which was the worst call in the history of college football, but the call was terrible.
    I think this was much worse than the Dick Pace call.

the Dick Pace call was a judgement call. This was an administrative error, which is much much worse
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Just can't figure out why SEC refs want to shaft an SEC team playing an OOC G5 team? Everything about that is negative for the SEC. Pretty decent chance that hose job yesterday will keep us out of a bowl game which certainly doesn't help the league. At least when we get jobbed against Alabama and the other SEC elites it makes more sense that the league wants to protect their teams that have a chance to get into the playoff.
    the entire situation makes no sense.

I haven't a clue why our full coaching staff + the refs didn't recognize that at very least it was an odd play that needed to be reviewed in detail. I can't fathom that part of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    the entire situation makes no sense.

I haven't a clue why our full coaching staff + the refs didn't recognize that at very least it was an odd play that needed to be reviewed in detail. I can't fathom that part of it
    I put this one though under direct SEC officiating bias against MSU. That back judge knew good and well he had called that play dead. Why would there need to be a review to show something that the ref himself already knew had happened? He just didn't enforce his own call because he saw the result of letting it go was going to help Memphis and hurt MSU. Sometimes the most obvious explanation is the correct explanation. Now why he would be biased against the SEC school as an SEC ref is the real mystery.

vCash
    I put this one though under direct SEC officiating bias against MSU. That back judge knew good and well he had called that play dead. Why would there need to be a review to show something that the ref himself already knew had happened? He just didn't enforce his own call because he saw the result of letting it go was going to help Memphis and hurt MSU. Sometimes the most obvious explanation is the correct explanation. Now why he would be biased against the SEC school as an SEC ref is the real mystery.
    Something certainly seems rotten in the state of Denmark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Something certainly seems rotten in the state of Denmark
    SEC officiating is the epitome of the good ol' boy system where most of them have huge connections to the big time SEC schools and definitely want to keep the 'have nots' in their place. I know the ref that screwed us on the Ridley out of bounds call in 2017 was a bank manager in Alabama that is the son of a former Alabama QB. There are guys with those kind of built in biases littered throughout the SEC crews. I think the only way you are restricted from calling a game is if you actually went to school at one of the schools involved.