Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Why do SEC refs hate us SO MUCH.??...

  1. #1
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,587
    vCash
    1200

    Why do SEC refs hate us SO MUCH.??...

    to the point that they would screw us out of a game against a G5 non-conference team? I mean first you allow an illegal TD where we had downed the ball AND the ref was blowing the play dead with his bean bag thrown and his arms waving overhead AND the Memphis punt return team had 2 number 4s out on the play. Plus you don't even initiate a review? Yes, even with all of that, you come back and finish the job by first making a non-existent illegal touching call on our onside kick recovery but during the review, instead of giving us the ball back to us which 100% of everyone expected, you make up an illegal blocking call to keep from having to overturn the call for us. And a block is not even supposed to be reviewable anyway! The block they called I guess was the Memphis guy running into the back of our kicker while going for the ball. Just a total screw job to the nth degree. In watching 40 years of MSU football that game was the worst I've seen as far as getting totally jobbed by SEC officials (and that's saying something). That game looked like something you would see in a Jr. high game given the level of bias to screw us out of a game.

    I have come to expect getting hosed when we play the SEC power teams but now we can't even get a fair call playing non-conference games? I mean who really knows who SHOULD have won that game because they refs totally took it out of the players' hand and decided it on their own.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 09-18-2021 at 07:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,761
    vCash
    600
    Because the way MSU approaches football is an embarrassment to the rest of the conference. We might as well make it a club sport like frisbee golf, because that is the difference between us and the top 7 in the SEC, and it is about to get worse with TX and OU.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 09-18-2021 at 08:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,293
    vCash
    700
    It's not just refs, it's the whole sports media as well. We don't have a dog in any hunt is all I can figure.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35,077
    vCash
    1200
    I think it's because we ALWAYS take the high road. It's always don't blame the officials we should have made more plays!

    Tonight is more on the officials.

  5. #5
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,761
    vCash
    600
    Every other SEC school except Vandy (and they don’t have to) treats athletics as a business and football as their rainmaker. We do not, and appear to be doing so willingly.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    70
    vCash
    600
    They don?t hate us, they love making calls against us. The head ref was enjoying it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    225
    SEC network showed clips of our game. Show the punt and say it's on us for not being aware, I'm not saying we did everything right, but left out the official waving and blowing the whistle. Didn't mention guys with the same number on the field. Also showed the last onside kick, not the one we got screwed with. They don't care about us. Unless Cohen raises hell, this will just keep happening but it will probably keep on ether way.

  8. #8
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    225
    And abc just did the same thing pretty much.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35,077
    vCash
    1200
    Aware of what? We downed the ****ing ball.

  10. #10
    Senior Member IMissJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,761
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    And abc just did the same thing pretty much.
    ABC=ESPN. Same company

  11. #11
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    225
    And I wonder if Leach would have challenged the punt they would have called a flag for two players with the same number on the field like they called a penalty on us after the kick off review

  12. #12
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    to the point that they would screw us out of a game against a G5 non-conference team? I mean first you allow an illegal TD where we had downed the ball AND the ref was blowing the play dead with his bean bag thrown and his arms waving overhead AND the Memphis punt return team had 2 number 4s out on the play. Plus you don't even initiate a review? Yes, even with all of that, you come back and finish the job by first making a non-existent illegal touching call on our onside kick recovery but during the review, instead of giving us the ball back to us which 100% of everyone expected, you make up an illegal blocking call to keep from having to overturn the call for us. And a block is not even supposed to be reviewable anyway! The block they called I guess was the Memphis guy running into the back of our kicker while going for the ball. Just a total screw job to the nth degree. In watching 40 years of MSU football that game was the worst I've seen as far as getting totally jobbed by SEC officials (and that's saying something). That game looked like something you would see in a Jr. high game given the level of bias to screw us out of a game.

    I have come to expect getting hosed when we play the SEC power teams but now we can't even get a fair call playing non-conference games? I mean who really knows who SHOULD have won that game because they refs totally took it out of the players' hand and decided it on their own.
    Did you not watch the BYU game

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,293
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingdawg View Post
    They don?t hate us, they love making calls against us. The head ref was enjoying it.
    They hate us. What more evidence do you need?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,857
    vCash
    600
    Why didn't Leach raise hell about the ball being dead when the Referee blew his whistle. I would think calling timeout and asking the referee for a review would have been appropriate. Looked as if he was unconcerned and was talking to Rogers.

  15. #15
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,587
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingdawg View Post
    They don?t hate us, they love making calls against us. The head ref was enjoying it.
    Same difference.

  16. #16
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,587
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Did you not watch the BYU game
    Yea, that was unusual though because we were a garbage team and BYU still had a chance at the BCS championship game which would have meant millions and millions to their school. Sort of a special circumstance.

  17. #17
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,587
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Why didn't Leach raise hell about the ball being dead when the Referee blew his whistle. I would think calling timeout and asking the referee for a review would have been appropriate. Looked as if he was unconcerned and was talking to Rogers.
    I guess Matt Brock should have been the one raising hell since he is our special teams coach. Leach was apparently trying to straighten out our offensive issues and didn't even see the play.

  18. #18
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    36,418
    vCash
    1200
    Today

    Bama in 2018 with the no fumble review & phantom offensive PI

    Ridley running out of bounds.

    Game changes missed call are adding up against us & I don't understand why this keeps happening
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    687
    Then lets do something about it!! Stop your bitching if you are not going to raise hell with the:

    NCAA
    SEC
    MSU

    I did, I just wrote all of these sorry SOBs!

  20. #20
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    10,304
    vCash
    1240045
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Then lets do something about it!! Stop your bitching if you are not going to raise hell with the:

    NCAA
    SEC
    MSU

    I did, I just wrote all of these sorry SOBs!
    That's about as effective as writing your Congressman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.