Thread: Can Dak overcome Cowboy?s shortcomings today?

vCash

Can Dak overcome Cowboy?s shortcomings today?

I believe he can! Go Dak!!
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Cowboys special teams just gave the ball back to LAC...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    I believe he can! Go Dak!!
    Not if they keep doing dumb stuff like going for it on 4th and 5 outside the 40 yard line. Really dumb coaching decision.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    They mauled the Chargers punter. Just stupid football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Not if they keep doing dumb stuff like going for it on 4th and 5 outside the 40 yard line. Really dumb coaching decision.
    I liked the call, and the play...but the refs let the CB maul Amari. Should've moved the sticks with the penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    They mauled the Chargers punter. Just stupid football.
    They did. Really bad.

Thankfully it didn't cost them, other than Dak not having the ball with 2 mins left in the half.

vCash
    That half ending play almost worked. I'm entertained. It's fun to see good offensive football for a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    That half ending play almost worked. I'm entertained. It's fun to see good offensive football for a change.
    It did, lol. It was great. 2 more yards.

vCash
    Daks gonna put up huge numbers this year because this defense sucks so he's gonna have to throw a lot and put up points. His stats gonna be great but he'll never get a ring with this kinda defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Daks gonna put up huge numbers this year because this defense sucks so he's gonna have to throw a lot and put up points. His stats gonna be great but he'll never get a ring with this kinda defense

Agreed. Since I respect your opinion, I have a question. What, in your opinion, will it take to improve the Cowboy?s defense?
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Agreed. Since I respect your opinion, I have a question. What, in your opinion, will it take to improve the Cowboy?s defense?
    I'm going to answer but realize the question is for CC - I live outside DFW and so keep up with them more than I normally would.

They need to upgrade from Anthony Brown at corner and get 1-2 dominant DTs. If they get both starting DEs back mid season then they could be league average but need talent upgrades to do anymore. Using Parsons as a DE today really helped to fill that void.

vCash
    I'm going to answer but realize the question is for CC - I live outside DFW and so keep up with them more than I normally would.

They need to upgrade from Anthony Brown at corner and get 1-2 dominant DTs. If they get both starting DEs back mid season then they could be league average but need talent upgrades to do anymore. Using Parsons as a DE today really helped to fill that void.
    Thanks, I appreciate your perspective, as well.

vCash
    Thanks appreciate that. The interior of the defensive line gives up to many easy yards, need upgrades at both DTs. Losing Lawrence was a killer he should be back before End of season and Gregory is ok. The real problem is secondary, they couldn't cover Steven Hawking. Need at least one shutdown corner and could use better safety play as well. Linebacker are pretty good. The secondary just gives up to many easy yards through the air. Teams convert way to easy on third downs. Until the secondary gets better and interior is upgraded gonna be a lot of high scoring games.

ETA as Cowbell said I think Micah Parsons is going to be pretty good.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-19-2021 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    Thanks appreciate that. The interior of the defensive line gives up to many easy yards, need upgrades at both DTs. Losing Lawrence was a killer he should be back before End of season and Gregory is ok. The real problem is secondary, they couldn't cover Steven Hawking. Need at least one shutdown corner and could use better safety play as well. Linebacker are pretty good. They just give up to many easy yards through the air. Teams convert way to easy on third downs. Until the secondary gets better and interior is upgraded gonna be a lot of high scoring games.

Thanks so much, Commerce, for a great analogy. You & Cowbell have given me plenty to watch for in the future.

vCash
    Thanks so much, Commerce, for a great analogy. You & Cowbell have given me plenty to watch for in the future.
    You're welcome. Just my opinion. There's folks on here that know more than me though. Just my thoughts. I wish Dak had a better defense to depend on.

vCash
    Thanks appreciate that. The interior of the defensive line gives up to many easy yards, need upgrades at both DTs. Losing Lawrence was a killer he should be back before End of season and Gregory is ok. The real problem is secondary, they couldn't cover Steven Hawking. Need at least one shutdown corner and could use better safety play as well. Linebacker are pretty good. The secondary just gives up to many easy yards through the air. Teams convert way to easy on third downs. Until the secondary gets better and interior is upgraded gonna be a lot of high scoring games.

Diggs is really good at CB (completely shut down mike evans last week and had the pic today) but brown is so bad that it offsets, especially in zone. Hopefully Malik hooker comes on and helps a lot (first pt today in almost a year due to injury)

vCash
    Diggs is really good at CB (completely shut down mike evans last week and had the pic today) but brown is so bad that it offsets, especially in zone. Hopefully Malik hooker comes on and helps a lot (first pt today in almost a year due to injury)
    Agree Diggs js really good but with Brown being so bad and mediocre at best safety play just to many places to go for a qb to get easy yards and scheme sucks at times too, way to soft.

vCash
    I thought Dak's performance against the Bucs was one of his best games, albeit not perfect. He did what was needed to win it.