Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 biggest opinions for those that care

vCash

My 2 biggest opinions for those that care

1. Leach has to change his short yardage offense. We are the easiest team in the country to stop on 3rd and 4th short/goal. He has to add a TE/H or at least do more than inside zone or a screen. It makes 0 sense to consistently make your job harder.

2. Why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots down the field when we have to? Why do we make ourselves execute 16 play drives when we have that ability? Is it Will? Is it Leach? I believe it is a little of both but I think it is mostly on Leach and his play calling. Will takes pride in not turning it over but it is mind boggling that we all of a sudden can hit shots when they should absolutely be taking them away from you.

I have never in my life seen a screw job the way we were screwed today. I will call it now too, we will beat LSU next Saturday

vCash
    I think Will loosened up in the 4th against La Tech and at the end today and was looking to throw downfield because he had to.

I would be fine with a small number of interceptions if we could look like we did on those drives and snap the ball quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think Will loosened up in the 4th against La Tech and at the end today and was looking to throw downfield because he had to.

I would be fine with a small number of interceptions if we could look like we did on those drives and snap the ball quickly.
    I would be too. But for the vast majority of the game Will is doing what he is supposed to do. But it is way too hard to execute 15 play drives over and over. We have to change it

vCash
    The come backs against La Tech and the attempted comeback today shows the heart our team has. It?s just such a shame the coaching is so bad because these players deserve so much better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    1. Leach has to change his short yardage offense. We are the easiest team in the country to stop on 3rd and 4th short/goal. He has to add a TE/H or at least do more than inside zone or a screen. It makes 0 sense to consistently make your job harder.

2. Why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots down the field when we have to? Why do we make ourselves execute 16 play drives when we have that ability? Is it Will? Is it Leach? I believe it is a little of both but I think it is mostly on Leach and his play calling. Will takes pride in not turning it over but it is mind boggling that we all of a sudden can hit shots when they should absolutely be taking them away from you.

I have never in my life seen a screw job the way we were screwed today. I will call it now too, we will beat LSU next Saturday
    Yep, which is the reason I did not want to go for the 4th and goal when we could have easily kicked the FG to go up 20-7. Not only is our offense ineffective with that little bit of field to work with, I knew a 4th down stand would swing the momentum to Memphis if they stopped us, which they did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, which is the reason I did not want to go for the 4th and goal when we could have easily kicked the FG to go up 20-7. Not only is our offense ineffective with that little bit of field to work with, I knew a 4th down stand would swing the momentum to Memphis if they stopped us, which they did.
    But our vaunted defense should not have allowed a 97 yard drive. In fact, State should have held Memphis to 3 and out.

vCash
    The problem is not at QB. He is doing all he can do and in some cases, more. But I would love to know why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots to wide open targets when we have to check it down all game before hand? We are doing the opposite of the way football works. Those throws should never be there late but we are taking and hitting them. It blows my mind.

Will Rogers is going to shatter every record we have and is going to make a lot of people on here eat their words like he has since he got the job. I have already made one ban bet and will easily make another on all of this. We have a winner at QB. But we have to adapt and we take too long to do it. Short yardage lost us the game along with a hose job and Forbes falling down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    But our vaunted defense should not have allowed a 97 yard drive. In fact, State should have held Memphis to 3 and out.
    4th and 10 and they motioned to trips, we didnt adjust had 2 over 3 and they got the first down

vCash
    And it has been said that Leach will lose one he isnt supposed to but steal one as well. We will find out

vCash
    Can't put this on our D. Our O gave Memphis 7. Refs gave Memphis 7. Our D held Memphis to 50% of their typical yards. This ain't on the D.

vCash
    And it has been said that Leach will lose one he isnt supposed to but steal one as well. We will find out
    He is gonna lose a lot more on top of that. The only one left he is now supposed to win is TSU so he has a lot of opportunities. That stat ain't always a good thing.

vCash
    Offense is a 'penalty' machine! Defense was beat on 'every' trick play! Comedy of errors! Should of won by 3 tds!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Probably not but, even with that drive, our defense only allowed 14 points on the day.

vCash

Why do people keep asking Leach to change what he does? Serious question. The man literally hasn't changed his offense at all in 25 years. Where is the evidence that he'll suddenly make changes now, when he's clearly used us as a last big payday to semi-retire?

The refs took it rom us today, but we should've never been in the position for them to do that. The longer we let Tiger High hang around, the more worried I became. Arkansas State put up 50 points and 600 yards on them. We scored 3 times. If you're asking me to believe ASU is more talented offensively than us, no way I'm buying that. We need a better QB because Will isn't the answer, but the problems are mostly systematic. Everyone has adjusted and Leach not only hasn't but won't.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash

# 1 ain't never happening....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Can't put this on our D. Our O gave Memphis 7. Refs gave Memphis 7. Our D held Memphis to 50% of their typical yards. This ain't on the D.
    ******* right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    # 1 ain't never happening....
    He ran two TEs at TTU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Why do people keep asking Leach to change what he does? Serious question. The man literally hasn't changed his offense at all in 25 years. Where is the evidence that he'll suddenly make changes now, when he's clearly used us as a last big payday to semi-retire?

The refs took it rom us today, but we should've never been in the position for them to do that. The longer we let Tiger High hang around, the more worried I became. Arkansas State put up 50 points and 600 yards on them. We scored 3 times. If you're asking me to believe ASU is more talented offensively than us, no way I'm buying that. We need a better QB because Will isn't the answer, but the problems are mostly systematic. Everyone has adjusted and Leach not only hasn't but won't.
    Anyone who watches us and blames it on the QB needs to retire their message board expert status

vCash
    Anyone who watches us and blames it on the QB needs to retire their message board expert status
    It?s not on Will at all. Kid has heart. It?s on the coaching staff

vCash
    One thing for sure. Our RT isn't getting it done. He got beat almost all game long. We need to try someone else there.