Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone defending Leach

vCash

Anyone defending Leach

As a head coach in the SEC is anti-MSU. That is all. If you are ok with this embarrassing crap then go pull for Vandy.

vCash
    This is laughably bad. Making slomo look like an upgrade.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    There?s certain things you see/don?t see in a coach that tells you if there is fire in their belly. When NO ONE steps on the field for a review after that ?kick return? TD - that was the play that told me where we are with this staff. I?m done with leach and I?ve been a fan since he was at Kentucky. That?s inexcusable.

vCash
    Been saying he's semi-retired and happy to cash his $5M check. He's yet to prove me wrong.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    This was bad. Really really bad.

Did we get screwed on the punt? Yes. Did the absolute crap show of an offense in the 2nd and 3rd quarter put us in a position where that punt mattered? Yes. And that's the issue.

We can't run the ball and we just threw the ball 67 times. SEC play is going to look really really bad. I'm ready to move on now. This feels like Moorhead's Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This was bad. Really really bad.

Did we get screwed on the punt? Yes. Did the absolute crap show of an offense in the 2nd and 3rd quarter put us in a position where that punt mattered? Yes. And that's the issue.

We can't run the ball and we just threw the ball 67 times. SEC play is going to look really really bad. I'm ready to move on now. This feels like Moorhead's Tennessee.
    I agree. I half way defended Moorhead until Tennessee. Watching that shit show was the deal breaker. Same feeling right now. Leach should have thrown a red flag bench or whatever else he had to get a review on the punt return.

vCash

A coach MUST take up for his players

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Been saying he's semi-retired and happy to cash his $5M check. He's yet to prove me wrong.
    To not take up for a player who gets targeted twice on back to back plays and sustains a game ending injury is unforgivable. To not take up for the team when a critical touchdown would have been overturned 100% is unforgivable. Our players deserve much better than this sloppy weird uncreative head coach.

vCash
    Leach's offense got us 468 yards. That's more than enough to win if the refs don't make the worst call in the last 3 decades and screw us over, to the point where the ESPN announcers were aghast.

vCash
    I’ve been numb on a coach standing up for his players ever since I watched Dan Mullen sit on our sideline looking nonchalant while Fitzgerald’s leg was snapped in half.

I understand Mullen was already on his way out but damn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Leach's offense got us 468 yards. That's more than enough to win if the refs don't make the worst call in the last 3 decades and screw us over, to the point where the ESPN announcers were aghast.
    I doesn't matter how many yards we gained, the failure to take a score when it was a chip shot is more than likely what cost the game. That's on Leach.

vCash
    IT'S MEMPHIS! There may be two players that started for them today that would crack our 2 deep. It should never have come to bad calls. And over 100 yards of that offense came on the last 2 desperation drives. He stood there with a stupid look on his face when they didn't call targeting on the play that knocked Marks out of the game. Same stupid look after the punt return. Same stupid look after the onside kick. Going for it instead of taking 3 points. Going for 2, and not getting it TOO EARLY, then having to do it all over again. Not having a coach responsible for counting defensive players and picking up stuff like two #4s on the field at the same time. If Lane Kiffin, Dan Mullen, Nick Saban, or even Sam Pittman was our coach today, we blow that crap team out by 21+. Defend the loser all you want, but this isn't 2005. His offense no longer works. Washington blueprinted how to stop it, and he's too stubborn to admit it. Freaking Vanderbilt shut it down last year while they were playing backups and walk ons. You need to let reality sink in.

vCash
    Wow, great post. You said everything that needs to be said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    IT'S MEMPHIS! There may be two players that started for them today that would crack our 2 deep.
    That's a huge exaggeration. Memphis has been to 7 straight bowls (finishing ranked in 3 of them), beaten multiple decent P5 teams in that stretch, and is generally considered to be a top 2 or 3 G5 program.

I hate that we lost to them, I'd hate it if they beaten us fair and square, but they're not a bad program.

vCash
    Since 2018 NFC championship game*

vCash
    And they had 2 guys with same number and it looked like a guy came off the sideline and got in front of brul? and it was blown dead and we downed it. Then they had a chance at redemption on the onside and the refs call a penalty that wasn't thrown?! There's not a rule that allows that, right?

vCash
    That's a huge exaggeration. Memphis has been to 7 straight bowls (finishing ranked in 3 of them), beaten multiple decent P5 teams in that stretch, and is generally considered to be a top 2 or 3 G5 program.

I hate that we lost to them, I'd hate it if they beaten us fair and square, but they're not a bad program.
    It is a huge exaggeration! ALL 5 of their starting oline could start for us over the 5 we trot out there.

The reason: because they can do both Run Block and Pass Block.

Scott Lashley came from West Point where they ran the ball 50 to 60 times a game and threw it 6-10 times a game while he was there. No pass blocking technique.

K Johnson came from Greenwood High where there rarely won until his last season there and couldn?t throw it in the ocean from the beach. No pass blocking technique.

Cole Smith came from Pontotoc High School. Nothing needs to be added.

I can?t say if Cross played in a passing offense but that type of offense is quite rare in Mississippi.

Add in a slow decision maker in Rogers and you got issues.

vCash
    I wanted Neal Brown as soon as Mullen left and he is about to have WVU ranked after inheriting a mess. I am not saying Brown is the best coach, but I think 10-2 in 2018 then 8-4 follows in 2019 easily with Brown. We would be in a spot now where we wouldn?t be losing to teams like Memphis. Basically mullen part 2 but a lot better than all this BS the last 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I wanted Neal Brown as soon as Mullen left and he is about to have WVU ranked after inheriting a mess. I am not saying Brown is the best coach, but I think 10-2 in 2018 then 8-4 follows in 2019 easily with Brown. We would be in a spot now where we wouldn?t be losing to teams like Memphis. Basically mullen part 2 but a lot better than all this BS the last 4 years.
    He was definitely in my wish list, among others. I will give you a name NOT on my wish list. Mike Leach. There are no words to describe the shit show in which we find ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    This is the case. He has other hobbies. And he may be a well rounded person. These are good qualities for your average person. But not for an SEC head coach. He doesn't recruit. And apparently he doesn't pay attention to the game. He just runs the same system he has been running for 20 years and cashes the checks. Cohen has gotten scammed twice.

vCash
    This falls squarely on the head of Cohen. He?s sold it all for baseball. Under his tenure he has dismantled both our women?s basketball program and our football program. He?s in over his head. We were poised to really start excelling as an athletics program and he?s quickly turning everything but baseball into a dumpster fire.