Thread: On a side note regarding SEC Nation...

vCash

On a side note regarding SEC Nation...

I know it's only Memphis we are playing, but Cohen and Keenum should definitely lodge a complaint with SECN for the total lack of mention.

So far, 90 minutes in with only 30 minutes to go, we haven't been mentioned (unless it was in the first few minutes, which I highly doubt). This is 2 weeks in a row, and I'm sure many think it's crying over spilled milk, but it's the image overall that always "shorts" MState compared to others.

Of course, when we win today to go to 3-0 with LSU coming to town next Saturday, the opportunity to go 4-0 I'm sure will begin to right the ship.

vCash
    Honestly it?s a blah game against a blah team. I would rather see us play jstate in Jackson than Memphis.

We?ll get more than a mention next week

vCash
    Yea, pretty pathetic show. Think I will just go back to Gameday. Our game at least got mentioned there. When SEC Nation did their picks they didn't even pick our game with a 3 point spread nor did I see them pick the OM-Tulane game. Seems like the quality of the SEC Nation show has definitely gone downhill. Lots of goofiness and that's about all.

vCash
    Just win and we will get some attention next week against the dumpster fire of lsu.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Did they ever mention us?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Yeah I'm not sure why folks complain about this. We aren't a relevant football program in the SEC. People don't tune in to get info or thoughts on our game because of it.

Increase relevancy, increase reasons people will talk about you on regional and national shows.

vCash
    Besides her looks Laura brings zero to SEC Nation. Roman is a good addition. I think Jordan actually does his homework on teams playing. Tebow's going though the motions. And Paul just sits there like the King of All Douches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure why folks complain about this. We aren't a relevant football program in the SEC. People don't tune in to get info or thoughts on our game because of it.

Increase relevancy, increase reasons people will talk about you on regional and national shows.
    Not relevant? It is the SEC network We are completely relevant - we are in the SEC. So should every show only be about Bama, Clemson, OU, OSU and a couple others?

BTW, college gameday previewed MSU and Memphis in the first 30 min.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Just win and we will get some attention next week against the dumpster fire of lsu.
    ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

vCash
    Based on how Cohen handled Finebaum last time with the Joe to Rutgers rumors I wouldn't hold my breath.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Based on the fact that we have given the media nothing to discuss when it comes to us.... How many times do we want 100% of the conv to be about the Pirate instead of our CBs, LBs, and WRs. Someone needs to step up and demand the conversation. Maybe that could be Walley or company. Maybe someone on our defense needs to have a flash game like J Abram had when he had 17 tackles. We need something. If we get one or two more gigantic returns, that would be something.

Just give them something to talk about. These guys love hearing their own voices. We are just not giving them a story line that hasn't been discussed 100 times before.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Not relevant? It is the SEC network We are completely relevant - we are in the SEC. So should every show only be about Bama, Clemson, OU, OSU and a couple others?

Probably b/c we are the 3:00 ESPN2 game, which is great as high school recruits we are going after at least want to see their prospective future school mentioned and discussed if only for a minute or so.

vCash

We are probably the 12th most intriguing team in the SEC only in front of Missouri and Vandy. Might could argue 11th or 10th ahead of SC and/or UK. And we play Memphis. We just aren't news right now.

Win today and that will change with an LSU matchup looming next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Honestly it?s a blah game against a blah team. I would rather see us play jstate in Jackson than Memphis.

We?ll get more than a mention next week
    Can’t disagree, but most other SEC teams vs. NC State would have been mentioned last week (SEC vs ACC).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Can’t disagree, but most other SEC teams vs. NC State would have been mentioned last week (SEC vs ACC).
    I watch college game day because I have a ton of admiration for corso - pawl is no corso. They talked quite a bit about msu vs ncstate last week.

vCash

R2 gets it. We are a charter member of the SEC and should be given at least lip service to our game. Not to mention us at all is way outside the box even for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    We are probably the 12th most intriguing team in the SEC only in front of Missouri and Vandy. Might could argue 11th or 10th ahead of SC and/or UK. And we play Memphis. We just aren't news right now.

Win today and that will change with an LSU matchup looming next week.
    Getting in the weeds. So you talking matchups today or overall program? So you are saying Ark and OM are more intriguing than MSU? Not sure about that. UT? that place is a dumpster fire for like 20 years.

What is intriguing? Intriguing doesn't equate to just good. Bama isn't intriguing at all flat boring if you ask many. MSU Memphis has a little as it could sett up a big matchup next Sat.