Thread: First no Cowbell now you must wear a mask!!!!

vCash

First no Cowbell now you must wear a mask!!!!

Do they not want any attendance?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Memphis is covered with Covid at the moment?

vCash
    Welcome to Memphis...

On a side note, down close to the Liberty Bowl, its prolly protecting you more against all the crack in the air than covid....

Also remember, "When in Memphis, Stay strapped or Get clapped"

vCash
    I don?t think social distancing will be a problem in the stands

vCash
    Political theater. From what I saw, wasn't enforced last week. Won't be enforced today.

Go and enjoy yourself.

vCash
    Good

vCash
    As a former Memphian, I hope they saw that place off and let it float down the river.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yea the hotel gave me a mask last night and it was not enforced. Wasn’t enforced on Beale street either.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Memphis is covered with Covid at the moment?
    Might you point me to just one study that show masks actually work? Been searching the interwebs for going on 18+ months now and cannot seem to locate one. Maybe I should call the Bing help desk and ask them why the internet is lacking such a study.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Might you point me to just one study that show masks actually work? Been searching the interwebs for going on 18+ months now and cannot seem to locate one. Maybe I should call the Bing help desk and ask them why the internet is lacking such a study.
    Well https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118
    Has a really good take on it.

Nothing I can say can convince you that it important we all do our part. Masks are only 1 of the few things we can do, as part of our duty, to slow the spread.

Vaccine, most important to remove the threat of death.
    Wash your hands.
    Socially distance whenever possible
    Limit inside exposure with people outside your circle.
    If you cannot socially distance, and cannot avoid being in close proximity outdoors, or have to be in doors, we have a mask.

I am done convincing people that a study on wearing masks is damn near impossible to do.

The absolute best protection against COViD is to just not have contacts. Seeing as this is a 17n football game and contact is all but guaranteed, masks seem to be the best we got when a portion of the population refuses to socially distance.

I feel ya on the mask, they suck. But I am also smart enough to weigh the exposure possibility and decide not to attend and not bitch about it.

vCash
    Why all of a sudden do people need a study to validate something? Seems like the anti mask crowd lives in a perfect world where their ?feelings? and opinions taken from zero evidence is a better take than people that study diseases their entire dang lives.
    Yeah, COVId is a damn tricky thing. And the powers that be, the so called experts, 17ed up some stuff. I can cut them some slack and still try to do what they are recommending.

Either way, don?t want to wear a mask, or simply cannot fathom how to follow simple instructions and you don?t have the fortitude to keep a mask on, then don?t go to the game. It?s on TV.

I mean, if it is too hard and difficult to follow instructions as a requirement to enter the stadium, maybe this game isn?t for you. That is until you figure out how to follow simple instructions that are OH SO DIFFICULT.

vCash
    Ohhhh, I forgot to add, "Mississippi Goin to Mississippi"
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...bbreviated.pdf

individual studies listed at the bottom, approximately 65 studies
    all indicating masks help.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019..._1619457332454
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    There?s no point in arguing over any of this. It?s been almost 2 years. No one will change anyone?s mind over the internet or in person. Everyone is wasting their time.

vCash
    You have been searching, for 18+ months and I just found 1, 2, 3.... 65 studies all combined into one reference set on my first google search?
    Man, you should apply to be a detective or a librarian. Those are some good research skills you got there.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    There?s no point in arguing over any of this. It?s been almost 2 years. No one will change anyone?s mind over the internet or in person. Everyone is wasting their time.
    Yeah, but when I am wrong on verifiable facts, I have the common decency to keep my mouth shut. Simple misinformation comments like above spread this bullshit.
    "I saw on facebook......bullshit type of stuff.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Drop the covid debate. The poster came to tell people to expect to have to put a mask on to gain entry to the game. That's news.
    We ain't gonna debate that shit about masks again.