Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Culotta on OOB about LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I wonder if they will enter the transfer portal. Pick them up?
    Doubt it.

Nabors would've signed with LSU no matter the coach

Strong was bought
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I'm starting to smell 4-0. That would be Milk and Honey.
    Never liked that saying.

vCash
    Let's try to get to 3-0 before we worry about 4-0. Too much confidence on here for the Memphis game

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    because their counselors and advisors handle all of that. I can guarantee you Leach has no freaking clue what classes Cross or anybody else on offense takes.
    Being a smart guy, I bet Leach has a pretty good idea on their classes, but I bet he has no clue on whether those classes are legit for their degree or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Being a smart guy, I bet Leach has a pretty good idea on their classes, but I bet he has no clue on whether those classes are legit for their degree or not.
    Agree on Leach keeping up on their classes. In comparison to Coach O, Leach does give a care about academics for student athletes and that they graduate. O does not seem to care as long as they play football on Saturdays.

I remember Greg McElroy on SEC Network when we hired Leach. He said before the Bama offer he was going to TX Tech. Said his visit with Leach was a few hours and the whole discussion was about Greg's choice of major, architecture.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Never liked that saying.
    Why? Cristil was Jewish and an active member of his Synagogue. I loved our TD's when he would say it with authoraTIE

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Leach is big on education, at least according to his book. Punishments for missing class have had educational twists to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    O's buyout is 21 million if fired this year.

LSU is going to do everything they can to be able to fire him with cause to avoid paying that. More and more information will be released unless they start winning.
    I wonder if they are trying to make something that would give them clause that gets them out of the 21 Mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Agree on Leach keeping up on their classes. In comparison to Coach O, Leach does give a care about academics for student athletes and that they graduate. O does not seem to care as long as they play football on Saturdays.

I remember Greg McElroy on SEC Network when we hired Leach. He said before the Bama offer he was going to TX Tech. Said his visit with Leach was a few hours and the whole discussion was about Greg's choice of major, architecture.
    I think this is why Leach has Emerick. Dave can CEO the business while Leach coaches and motivates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    I think this is why Leach has Emerick. Dave can CEO the business while Leach coaches and motivates.
    This is the correct answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Let's try to get to 3-0 before we worry about 4-0. Too much confidence on here for the Memphis game
    Yeah you can't afford to overlook anyone. One at a time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah you can't afford to overlook anyone. One at a time.
    Well, we as fans can afford to overlook anybody. It really doesn?t matter that we don?t ?only focus on the next one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Well, we as fans can afford to overlook anybody. It really doesn?t matter that we don?t ?only focus on the next one?
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, I just meant as a general rule in sports. We as fans speculating have zero outcome on the games(although some may think they do).

vCash
    I knew that O was toast earlier in the week when Mike Detillier went on OOB and basically said LSU was a train wreck at the moment. O and Mike are good friends and when he's turned on O you know it's over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klc90 View Post
    This is the correct answer.
    Is he well liked by insiders?

vCash
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, I just meant as a general rule in sports. We as fans speculating have zero outcome on the games(although some may think they do).
    Didnt mean to come at ya?that saying is just one of my pet peeves when people start applying it to anyone other than coaches and players

vCash
    I disagree completely. As does Saban. He's talked on this a lot.
    If you don't think players are aware that nearly the entire fanbase thinks this is a gimme, and that they are immature 19 year olds who can be affected by that, you're wrong.

I'm not saying they should be, bc they should be mature enough and coachable enough to not be. But that's not the case a lot of the time.

I know I'm in the minority here. But having been in that locker room, I can tell you players know and some of their energy level, excitement, and preparation are affected by it, unfortunately.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-16-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    This. Otherwise they'd be bettin the farm

vCash
    Didnt mean to come at ya?that saying is just one of my pet peeves when people start applying it to anyone other than coaches and players
    It's all good, brother!

vCash
    Sounds like O really hasn't changed much since living in O-Town.