Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STATE on the football uniform/jersey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I hated the original MState, but I do like the updated one. I also like STATE on the front of the jersey. But then again I also don't mind the gold accents for the egg bowl or white helmets... I did loathe the Don Smith uni's from the 80's though. All those 17'n stripes everywhere.
    Boy you are right on those stripe uniforms, worst in MSU history. Made me not even want to watch a game, just listen to Jack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.
    Are you talking about this beautiful and unique logo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Last I checked, Mich State colors are green & white while NC State colors are red and white. Neither wiould be caught dead in maroon!

Only Mississippi State wears maroon!
    Missouri State is also maroon and white. I doubt many will mistake us and them, but you never know
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Are you talking about this beautiful and unique logo?

This is the best Logo for the Air Raid!
    If anything, wish it was a little larger M on the helmet

vCash
    I'm not sure why we abandoned the walking bulldog logo. Personally I think that's the best looking logo we've used. Even on the OM side I always thought their Rebel with a cane looked best. Seems like many teams are abandoning those types of logos in favor of more simple and plain logos.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I'm not sure why we abandoned the walking bulldog logo. Personally I think that's the best looking logo we've used. Even on the OM side I always thought their Rebel with a cane looked best. Seems like many teams are abandoning those types of logos in favor of more simple and plain logos.
    Walking Bully Rocked. Gotta admit.

vCash
    You can't make out the current logo on the maroon helmet because the logo is to small and the same color as the helmet.

As for the helmet, State should design a helmet similar to Wisconsin and Tennessee. White helmet, big power maroon MState and maroon center stripe and maroon facemask. The logo would pop and a white helmet would differentiate from Texas A&M.
    So, basically Croom Error helmets. NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Everyone calls us state. I have friends and family all over the US and abroad many who have never set foot in Mississippi. When college football comes up they almost all say ?how?s State doing this year?. We are known as State.
    We are not. They likely associate that with you and why they are using the familiar term "State."

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    My experience is that people from other parts of the country do indeed refer to us as "State."

But even if they didn't already do it, if we intentionally branded that then they would learn to. It's kind of the whole point of marketing and branding. We could certainly grab that space since nobody is really dominating it as a national brand.
    All XSU schools are referred to locally, statewide, and sometimes sub regionally as "State." Hear it all the time ad nauseam and it still kind of strikes me because it takes me a second to realize they're not referring to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Why can we not just go back to the 90's and put Miss. State on our chest? It was good enough to take us to the championship game, why are we to good for it now?
    The jersey looks good. But if we're talking about branding it is "Hail State" folks. THAT IS AN ACTUAL SOMETHING INSTANTLY ASSOCIATED WITH US NATIONALLY. M over S is not unique to Mississippi State nor are similar looking baseball logos with different letters. It is very very very very ordinary and common, especially on baseball uniforms. No matter how much we love it and think it looks great and I wouldn't change one blessed thing about our baseball identity. Thankfully you will find no banner sheise in anything baseball.

As to football or roundball, why STATE on front of jerseys when we can put HAIL STATE?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    So, basically Croom Error helmets. NT.

We are not. They likely associate that with you and why they are using the familiar term "State."

All XSU schools are referred to locally, statewide, and sometimes sub regionally as "State." Hear it all the time ad nauseam and it still kind of strikes me because it takes me a second to realize they're not referring to us.

The jersey looks good. But if we're talking about branding it is "Hail State" folks. THAT IS AN ACTUAL SOMETHING INSTANTLY ASSOCIATED WITH US NATIONALLY. M over S is not unique to Mississippi State nor are similar looking baseball logos with different letters. It is very very very very ordinary and common, especially on baseball uniforms. No matter how much we love it and think it looks great and I wouldn't change one blessed thing about our baseball identity. Thankfully you will find no banner sheise in anything baseball.

As to football or roundball, why STATE on front of jerseys when we can put HAIL STATE?
    This is the Best take on it all.
    Agree on State in other areas. It is a dime a dozen phrase. And I live and work in different regions of the U.S. However "Hail State" is uniquely us, and I have friends in other states text or email "Hail State" when we have a big win, and I never use it around them. I think they would hear the announcers sometimes or when we had it in the end zone.
    M over S is not unique for football helmets. I know several high schools that have that logo on their helmets.
    Flying M may or may not suit everyone, but we should at least flash that logo more often, along with a heavy dose of Hail State.

vCash
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.
    THIS!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I remember seeing a recruiting flyer from Moorehead days where there was a oversize Walking Bully on a maroon Matte helmet with a grey facemask. It was by far the best helmet I have ever seen for State (besides the MSU one)....

Maybe someone can help out and find it. I think I saw it on twitter where a recruit posted it and one of our media guys shared it...

vCash
    Even the cheer is " GO STATE GO " . that would imply that we are known as "STATE"

vCash
    Pretty Picture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Throughout life all my football friends, STATE or fans of others have referred to us as STATE.
    Yep. I travel all over and people from everywhere call us STATE.

vCash
    Hail State!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Pretty Picture

This is absolutely great!! How can I get this display!! I will pay...

ETA... I have a golf ball set that I'll post. Not this impressive, but decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Even the cheer is " GO STATE GO " . that would imply that we are known as "STATE"
    Also, it's funny that some are saying 'HAIL STATE is ours, not just STATE.' While I agree that HAIL STATE has become a branding thing for us, it also proves that we are called STATE in at least some contexts...since that's what we're called in that phrase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    This is absolutely great!! How can I get this display!! I will pay...

ETA... I have a golf ball set that I'll post. Not this impressive, but decent.
    far left row, third down. The very first MSU helmet. That thing is a beaut. I really wish we could get that logo back...