Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STATE on the football uniform/jersey

vCash

STATE on the football uniform/jersey

this is what I was trying to create the past week, but hell as a graphic designer, i'll admit this is even better. We should do this immediately. Even if we don't have Air Nike, replace the Air Jordan logo with the Adidas logo and it's still great.

vCash
    I like it

vCash
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Michigan State put the script "State" on their helmets in game one.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    All of them can go 17 themselves. I've had a 24-7 Hard On for STATE so long a certain part of my anatomy is turning blue. This thread makes me happy. Hopefully not too happy though, might get messy.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

I don?t care if Michigan State and NC State call themselves ?State? or not. We are the ?STATE?. None of those jokers are in the Greatest Conference in the World. It looks better than Miss. State which is dumb and the Mississippi Banner logo is always either too big or too small on the chest and looks dumb anyway.

Simple STATE works perfectly. M over S looks like a junior high football helmet and is not our identity anyway. Baseball yes. Football No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I don?t care if Michigan State and NC State call themselves ?State? or not. We are the ?STATE?. None of those jokers are in the Greatest Conference in the World. It looks better than Miss. State which is dumb and the Mississippi Banner logo is always either too big or too small on the chest and looks dumb anyway.

Simple STATE works perfectly. M over S looks like a junior high football helmet and is not our identity anyway. Baseball yes. Football No.
    Agree with your first paragraph & think your 2nd paragraph is silly
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

Agree about Michigan State and Iowa State beating us this year to the "STATE" on unis. It does show that even Iowa State is trying to move away from the "Banner I-State". I don't see how our admin is so adamant on using it on our helmets. I actually wish we could put the Flying M logo somewhere on the unis, large or small, and then use STATE as well.

vCash
    M over S is our brand, it's a matter of opinion on looks but I agree with shotgun that we need a brand logo that sets us apart. I don't think you can accomplish that with just STATE when it could apply to probably a school in almost every state.

vCash
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    M over S is our brand, it's a matter of opinion on looks but I agree with shotgun that we need a brand logo that sets us apart. I don't think you can accomplish that with just STATE when it could apply to probably a school in almost every state.
    Agree on STATE is just every regional team out there. "HAIL STATE" is a great branding to use. SEC network sometimes uses that reference to us already.
    Seems we mostly all agree that Banner Mstate is not that great, and we need a version of STATE in the uni's. I still like Hail State, or add the Flying M somewhere subtle on them with our Air Raid offense.

Banned
    vCash
    Throughout life all my football friends, STATE or fans of others have referred to us as STATE.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I like our current uniforms except for the helmet logo. It needs to be changed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.
    Because there are much better options out there than the MState that is used. The MState may be unique, but it is uniquely Fugly as well.

vCash
    Looks great....that's why they'll never do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The Banner Mstate is a copy logo that other schools use. We actually took the idea from Marshall. How exactly does Banner Mstate set us apart. Not asking in a rude way, but just curious how people view it as a great logo that is setting us apart from the other schools that use the similar logo.

vCash
    People need to give up on us going to Jordan. Just because Dak is a Jordan Brand guy now doesn't mean that we're magically going to be invited. MJ is the one to personally invite schools into the Jordan Brand and I can promise you that we're not even on MJ's radar. Even if they give us a bad uniform here and there, we need to thank God that Adidas pulled us from the depths of Russell hell. I mean the only Jordan brand football schools are Florida, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and UCLA. We're nothing like any of those schools and neither is OM so folks need to stop freaking out that they might be Jordan brand next.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 09-15-2021 at 09:42 AM.

vCash
    Agree with your first paragraph & think your 2nd paragraph is silly
    Assumptions made here. I love when grown adults use little kid verbiage. Brings a jolly chuckle upon me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    People need to give up on us going to Jordan. Just because Dak is a Jordan Brand guy now doesn't mean that we're magically going to be invited. MJ is the one to personally invite schools into the Jordan Brand and I can promise you that we're not even on MJ's radar. Even if they give us a bad uniform here and there, we need to thank God that Adidas pulled us from the depths of Russell hell. I mean the only Jordan brand football schools are Florida, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and UCLA. We're nothing like any of those schools and neither is OM so folks need to stop freaking out that they might be Jordan brand next.
    Sir, this is a Wendy's

vCash
    WHAT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THIS....In Hattiesburg, we have one of the best graphic designers on the planet - Why in the world, if he can create amazing sport logos, would we NOT use him?????

https://rare.design/