Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: STATE on the football uniform/jersey

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    349
    vCash
    700

    STATE on the football uniform/jersey

    this is what I was trying to create the past week, but hell as a graphic designer, i'll admit this is even better. We should do this immediately. Even if we don't have Air Nike, replace the Air Jordan logo with the Adidas logo and it's still great.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    490
    I like it

  3. #3
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    36,472
    vCash
    1200
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

    It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,097
    vCash
    850
    Michigan State put the script "State" on their helmets in game one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

    It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    All of them can go 17 themselves. I've had a 24-7 Hard On for STATE so long a certain part of my anatomy is turning blue. This thread makes me happy. Hopefully not too happy though, might get messy.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    8,990
    vCash
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

    It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    I don?t care if Michigan State and NC State call themselves ?State? or not. We are the ?STATE?. None of those jokers are in the Greatest Conference in the World. It looks better than Miss. State which is dumb and the Mississippi Banner logo is always either too big or too small on the chest and looks dumb anyway.

    Simple STATE works perfectly. M over S looks like a junior high football helmet and is not our identity anyway. Baseball yes. Football No.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    36,472
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I don?t care if Michigan State and NC State call themselves ?State? or not. We are the ?STATE?. None of those jokers are in the Greatest Conference in the World. It looks better than Miss. State which is dumb and the Mississippi Banner logo is always either too big or too small on the chest and looks dumb anyway.

    Simple STATE works perfectly. M over S looks like a junior high football helmet and is not our identity anyway. Baseball yes. Football No.
    Agree with your first paragraph & think your 2nd paragraph is silly
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    282
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It looks good, but MSU fans needs to realize that NC State & Michigan State also call themselves State. So putting State on our jerseys & helmet isn't really a brand.

    It's one reason I'm in favor of the M over S so much because that is our brand. That is uniquely MSU & known as Mississippi State. State on a jersey or helmet is somewhat generic & an ignorant belief that people are going to know who that is.
    Agree about Michigan State and Iowa State beating us this year to the "STATE" on unis. It does show that even Iowa State is trying to move away from the "Banner I-State". I don't see how our admin is so adamant on using it on our helmets. I actually wish we could put the Flying M logo somewhere on the unis, large or small, and then use STATE as well.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Central Mississippi
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    39199875
    M over S is our brand, it's a matter of opinion on looks but I agree with shotgun that we need a brand logo that sets us apart. I don't think you can accomplish that with just STATE when it could apply to probably a school in almost every state.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Maroonthirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,675
    vCash
    1888
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    282
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    M over S is our brand, it's a matter of opinion on looks but I agree with shotgun that we need a brand logo that sets us apart. I don't think you can accomplish that with just STATE when it could apply to probably a school in almost every state.
    Agree on STATE is just every regional team out there. "HAIL STATE" is a great branding to use. SEC network sometimes uses that reference to us already.
    Seems we mostly all agree that Banner Mstate is not that great, and we need a version of STATE in the uni's. I still like Hail State, or add the Flying M somewhere subtle on them with our Air Raid offense.

  12. #12
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    500
    Throughout life all my football friends, STATE or fans of others have referred to us as STATE.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    579
    vCash
    600
    I like our current uniforms except for the helmet logo. It needs to be changed

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.
    Because there are much better options out there than the MState that is used. The MState may be unique, but it is uniquely Fugly as well.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    600
    Looks great....that's why they'll never do it

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    282
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Mississippi State has a brand logo that sets it apart. ... and some State fans obsessively hate on it.
    The Banner Mstate is a copy logo that other schools use. We actually took the idea from Marshall. How exactly does Banner Mstate set us apart. Not asking in a rude way, but just curious how people view it as a great logo that is setting us apart from the other schools that use the similar logo.

  17. #17
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,321
    vCash
    95574
    People need to give up on us going to Jordan. Just because Dak is a Jordan Brand guy now doesn't mean that we're magically going to be invited. MJ is the one to personally invite schools into the Jordan Brand and I can promise you that we're not even on MJ's radar. Even if they give us a bad uniform here and there, we need to thank God that Adidas pulled us from the depths of Russell hell. I mean the only Jordan brand football schools are Florida, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and UCLA. We're nothing like any of those schools and neither is OM so folks need to stop freaking out that they might be Jordan brand next.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 09-15-2021 at 09:42 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    608
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree with your first paragraph & think your 2nd paragraph is silly
    Assumptions made here. I love when grown adults use little kid verbiage. Brings a jolly chuckle upon me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member smootness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14,419
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    People need to give up on us going to Jordan. Just because Dak is a Jordan Brand guy now doesn't mean that we're magically going to be invited. MJ is the one to personally invite schools into the Jordan Brand and I can promise you that we're not even on MJ's radar. Even if they give us a bad uniform here and there, we need to thank God that Adidas pulled us from the depths of Russell hell. I mean the only Jordan brand football schools are Florida, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and UCLA. We're nothing like any of those schools and neither is OM so folks need to stop freaking out that they might be Jordan brand next.
    Sir, this is a Wendy's

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    349
    vCash
    700
    WHAT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THIS....In Hattiesburg, we have one of the best graphic designers on the planet - Why in the world, if he can create amazing sport logos, would we NOT use him?????

    https://rare.design/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.