Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bama @ UF

vCash
    Same ole mullin story - get down big early. Bama backs off on D to prevent quick scores to drain clock. Don?s O then calls for running play against the numbers. Bama wins by 17 with a late UF score

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    My bad. I took it as Dan would beat Smart on a semi-regular basis.
    No worries! I think both UGA and UA beat them pretty bad and Dan's seat will get hot. Not deserving, necessarily, but those fans have nutty expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Same ole mullin story - get down big early. Bama backs off on D to prevent quick scores to drain clock. Don?s O then calls for running play against the numbers. Bama wins by 17 with a late UF score
    This sounds right in line with what's gonna happen. They'll punch Dan in the nose, in the 1st Qtr, like 2014 and it'll be over before it began.

vCash
    They fumbled on that first drive and we recovered the fumble but that dumb ass wouldn’t call time out or get it reviewed or throw the red flag or whatever the protocol was back then.

Even Gary Danielson said it was clearly our ball and stopping them on the first drive that year would’ve been a big deal but Daniel didn’t believe in questioning the refs with replay even though the rules allowed him to.

Sorry to rant but I’ve never gotten over that shit or him not calling for a replay against Houston at home on the pass to the 4 yard line. He goes to a bowl game in his 1st season if he just asks for a friggin replay.

This sounds right in line with what's gonna happen. They'll punch Dan in the nose, in the 1st Qtr, like 2014 and it'll be over before it began.[/QUOTE]

vCash
    [QUOTE=Schultzy;1361791]They fumbled on that first drive and we recovered the fumble but that dumb ass wouldn’t call time out or get it reviewed or throw the red flag or whatever the protocol was back then.

Even Gary Danielson said it was clearly our ball and stopping them on the first drive that year would’ve been a big deal but Daniel didn’t believe in questioning the refs with replay even though the rules allowed him to.

Sorry to rant but I’ve never gotten over that shit or him not calling for a replay against Houston at home on the pass to the 4 yard line. He goes to a bowl game in his 1st season if he just asks for a friggin replay.

Our "replay" guy up in the booth must have been drunk most of the time or Dan just ignored him. There was a play in Dan's first year, I think, where our QB was flagged for throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage... he was not and replay clearly showed that. We were driving and It would've been a huge first down and we wound up losing.

vCash
    Our "replay" guy up in the booth must have been drunk most of the time or Dan just ignored him. There was a play in Dan's first year, I think, where our QB was flagged for throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage... he was not and replay clearly showed that. We were driving and It would've been a huge first down and we wound up losing.[/QUOTE]

^^^^thats the Houston game I was referring to

I asked him about it and he laughed & said he didn’t have a replay guy, that he just trusted what the refs told him…I swear.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 09-15-2021 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Or the replay guy didn't want us to win against bama. The td they gave them wasn't clear and conclusive to overturn either.

vCash
    Mullen goes Mullen.

Close in first half but Bama by 20. UF top 25 maybe but not top 15.

vCash
    Another showdown turned let down for big game Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Or the replay guy didn't want us to win against bama. The td they gave them wasn't clear and conclusive to overturn either.
    This.

vCash
    This game won't be close by midway through the second quarter

vCash
    I like Richardson a lot and think he has a chance to be the next great Mullen QB. Can?t see Florida winning outright but I can see them covering at home. The Swamp is a really tough place to play in a big game environment and Bama is still fairly inexperienced in a bunch of spots.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    If Mullen and Richardson both remain at Florida he has a very real chance to win a natty
    Romans 5:8

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This.
    REC doin' werk.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

REC doin' werk.
    Always, my friend! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I like Richardson a lot and think he has a chance to be the next great Mullen QB. Can?t see Florida winning outright but I can see them covering at home. The Swamp is a really tough place to play in a big game environment and Bama is still fairly inexperienced in a bunch of spots.
    He would have a shot keeping it close with Richardson, but Richardson has a dinged up hammy and Mullen will play Jones the majority of the time for now. But yeah Richardson has all the tools.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

REC doin' werk.
    Howdy Padna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Does Danno have a shot? Or will he be 0-10 vs Saban? He finally got over the Kirby hump...

ETA: Is the spread really 14.5? Wow!
    I don?t care for the spread, but I love the ML.

vCash
    I’ll take Bama -14.5 for a gazillion, Alex.