Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
My two cents.

I don't like the offense we are running. I think the scheme is the problem, not Will. If we are going to run this offense, Will is perfectly capable of thriving in this offense.

The reason he is having to dump the ball off is because teams have schemed the hell out of this offense. They have tons of film on this offense, and its the same shit every week. Our big plays are either plays where Will scrambles out of the pocket and a defender comes up and gets out of their pre-designated zone and then someone is open or a DC attempts to blitz and we simply can get that ball off.

Will is doing exactly what he is being asked to do in this offense. If his arm was stronger, the WR's wouldn't be more open. LEach's offense has rarely stretched the field vertically. Its not that type of offense. Its not a coincidence that we keep having to punt 6-7 times a game, regardless of who is playing defense. LT, bears, NC State - we always end up punting 6-7 times a game.

Its very easy to blame Will, but a stronger armed QB is not the solution. Hell, KJ had a stronger arm, and that didn't do us any favors last year.

Its the offense, not the QB.
That was true last year, but it doesn't sound like you're watching the same games as most of the rest of us this season. We've had guys running wide open all over the field through these first two games that Will just isn't finding consistently enough. Whether the issue is talent or just lack of experience (I'm rooting for the latter), our bottleneck right now is largely QB play. A lot of it could go on the OL in pass pro the first week too, not so much the second.