Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
It?s comical. I guess most of these posters forgot that arguably the best player to ever wear a State uniform wasn?t going to start at QB in his THIRD year on the team until Tyler Russell got hurt. But these same posters want to write off Will after a handful of starts in his 2nd year.
Exactly. Where Will is right now is about where Dak was in 2013. It's just hard to play QB when you're an underclassman unless you are Peyton Manning- and even he would tell you it wasn't easy for him I'm sure.

All these MSU fans I see talking about how great Matt Corral is. Apparently they have forgotten that he was essentially benched his second year in college for John Rhys Plumlee. In fact he lost to Memphis- Will might too we'll see Saturday. Anyway Corral was like 9-19 and didn't even have 100 yards passing against them while they scored 10 points on them. Now I guarantee you if you had a time machine fourth year Matt Corral lights up that Memphis team. Why? Experience. He got better over time.

And you're right- Dak improved as a QB in 2014. And then he improved his passing even more in 2015 behind an OL that was pretty bad and with Holloway up the middle.