Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buckle Up for Beth Mowins

vCash
    Someone described it perfectly. Beth Mowins' voice sounds like she is trying to make fun of someone else's voice while they are in another room.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Give me some Mike Tirico (sp) on a Thursday night game, he was one of the best. His call on Deceinzo Miller against BYU was classic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They were great for sure! I enjoyed Keith Jackson too, he always called the game of the week every Saturday when I was growing up.
    Al Michaels is good. Maybe ESPN could hire him away from NBC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Give me some Mike Tirico (sp) on a Thursday night game, he was one of the best. His call on Deceinzo Miller against BYU was classic.
    Yes, he's excellent as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The 1999 Egg Bowl was another classic he called.

vCash
    I saw on the Twitters that someone had suggested the Varsity App. Anyone else tried this app?
    I will try it this weekend as I cannot stomach mooooowins.... if i cant sync it or the tune-in app with the tv, i will watch the game in silence!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Al Michaels is good. Maybe ESPN could hire him away from NBC.
    Yeah I've always enjoyed listening to Al, going way back to when he used to do baseball. Al was a great baseball guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Bingo
    but how do you do that ? The radio is always ahead of the tv...............

vCash
    ESPN has lost many of their best guys in the last decade or so. Specifically Franklin, Tirico, and Nessler. I also liked Adam Amin (called the 2019 Egg Bowl) and he is gone too.

Used to like Joe Tess but he jumped the shark several years ago and is now over the top obnoxious. He has become a parody now thanks to his failed MNF stint and the whole TEXAS IS BACK thing. Not crazy about Tom Hart either. I like Dave Neal mostly because he?s called a ton of our games over the years and a lot of big wins for us in multiple sports. Dave Pasch is occasionally fine, I would expect either he or Tess to call the LSU game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I've always enjoyed listening to Al, going way back to when he used to do baseball. Al was a great baseball guy.
    Al Michaels showed even More talent when the earthquake struck the World Serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    ESPN has lost many of their best guys in the last decade or so. Specifically Franklin, Tirico, and Nessler. I also liked Adam Amin (called the 2019 Egg Bowl) and he is gone too.

Used to like Joe Tess but he jumped the shark several years ago and is now over the top obnoxious. He has become a parody now thanks to his failed MNF stint and the whole TEXAS IS BACK thing. Not crazy about Tom Hart either. I like Dave Neal mostly because he?s called a ton of our games over the years and a lot of big wins for us in multiple sports. Dave Pasch is occasionally fine, I would expect either he or Tess to call the LSU game.
    I forgot about half those dudes. Where did they all go? Thin air?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I forgot about half those dudes. Where did they all go? Thin air?
    Nessler is with CBS calling the 2:30 games, has been for 4-5 years now. Tirico does a lot for NBC, and they?re almost certainly grooming him to be Al Michael?s? replacement when he fully retires in the next few years. Amin calls NFL games for FOX now. I don?t think Ron Franklin has called games in a decade but he is almost 80 now anyway.