Thread: Haven't been able to see or listen to football...

vCash

Haven't been able to see or listen to football...

Working Ida in New Orleans area, I have a 1,300 staging site supporting Entergy and crews from all over. This is my 22 year to do storm restoration, may be may last as I've seen way to much destruction all over the country.

Anyway, as we all know, Lsu fans especially where I am, are about to explode of Coach O. Also again as we all know they have NO respect for Msu as does most of the country. In saying this, the Lsu game is a make or break game for he Pirate I think going forward at least to this season. I also think Tiger High will be a somewhat a struggle for us, seem the Pirate has problems from his past history of games he coaches against with teams that have less talent than his. We shall see.

HailState!!!

vCash
    The NC State game was huge for Mike Leach. If we lose that game, a big portion of the fanbase is jumping off the bandwagon. But yeah, losing to memphis would undo the goodwill gained.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The NC State game was huge for Mike Leach. If we lose that game, a big portion of the fanbase is jumping off the bandwagon. But yeah, losing to memphis would undo the goodwill gained.
    Here is the thing. As long as we look shaky as hell week in and out, even in victories, the fanbase is waiting for the other shoe to drop. We need to improve on offense and put the ball in the endzone. We need our defense to keep doing what they are doing and even get better, and we have to start being competitive for 60 minutes. Two games in a row now we look like we took off 24 minutes of the game on offense.

Winning ugly, unless you win 15 ugly games, doesn't buy you anything in today's game. Our fanbase, although not fair in my mind, wants to be favored in every game and play competitively.

Everyone wants Leach to succeed here. Even C34. But even with that said, lose to LSU and pressure from the fanbase is going to start increasing. Win or go home. It is that simple.
    Right or wrong, Mullen got our fanbase invested in this program. We demand a competitive football team. Mullen raised the bar on our fanbase. We expect to compete.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Here is the thing. As long as we look shaky as hell week in and out, even in victories, the fanbase is waiting for the other shoe to drop. We need to improve on offense and put the ball in the endzone. We need our defense to keep doing what they are doing and even get better, and we have to start being competitive for 60 minutes. Two games in a row now we look like we took off 24 minutes of the game on offense.

Winning ugly, unless you win 15 ugly games, doesn't buy you anything in today's game. Our fanbase, although not fair in my mind, wants to be favored in every game and play competitively.

Everyone wants Leach to succeed here. Even C34. But even with that said, lose to LSU and pressure from the fanbase is going to start increasing. Win or go home. It is that simple.
    Right or wrong, Mullen got our fanbase invested in this program. We demand a competitive football team. Mullen raised the bar on our fanbase. We expect to compete.
    Beating Memphis but not LSU wouldn't be good but it would be survivable if we played tough and close vs LSU with continued improvement moving forward. Lose to LSU and then we will struggle to get to 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Working Ida in New Orleans area, I have a 1,300 staging site supporting Entergy and crews from all over. This is my 22 year to do storm restoration, may be may last as I've seen way to much destruction all over the country.

Anyway, as we all know, Lsu fans especially where I am, are about to explode of Coach O. Also again as we all know they have NO respect for Msu as does most of the country. In saying this, the Lsu game is a make or break game for he Pirate I think going forward at least to this season. I also think Tiger High will be a somewhat a struggle for us, seem the Pirate has problems from his past history of games he coaches against with teams that have less talent than his. We shall see.

HailState!!!
    I am deployed right now for FEMA in Houma headed down to grand isle.

vCash

I don't think it is unfair of any power 5 fanbase to expect a competitive team. Our fanbase does not expect to be favored every game. We should and do expect improvement and hope of building to something better. Seeing no improvement over 1.25 years in program on O (our HC specialty) does not give hope to any fan base. Sat gave me a little hope but much more to be done.

JWS raised the bar then a setback then Mullen raised it again. Both JWS and Mullen had success for nearly 10 years. That will build a lot of expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I am deployed right now for FEMA in Houma headed down to grand isle.
    How’s Houma look? Heard they got it bad from Ida

Banned
    vCash
    Thank you basedog and 99 for your service and sacrifice.

vCash

Winning ugly, unless you win 15 ugly games, doesn't buy you anything in today's game.
    I'll take 12 ugly wins, a trip to SECC in Atlanta EVERY year!

10 ugly wins and a trip to Sugar Bowl in 'down' years!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    How?s Houma look? Heard they got it bad from Ida
    Yeah Houma is jacked up for sure. Most homes received some damage if not total losses. its a mess. Terrebonne county is just bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Yeah Houma is jacked up for sure. Most homes received some damage if not total losses. its a mess. Terrebonne county is just bad.
    When I came down and saw the water that was from Grand Isle to Jean Lefitte (not spelled correctly) which is about 20 miles it was sad seeing som many homes destroyed completely and folks in boats headed north.
    Lots of Cajuns ware staying and not leaving as they live off the land in the swamps. Just saying.