Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11:00 AM Game Time For LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Part of the problem is the people at ESPN think 11:00 is a good slot. And they're wrong.
    Big 10 loves day games. I guess they assume every one else does too.

vCash
    Part of the problem is the people at ESPN think 11:00 is a good slot. And they're wrong.
    I don't really care about TV. I go to games. I would take no TV to have a night game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The system is broke & unfair
    It?s bullshit is what it is. It will get worse when TX and OU get in.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 09-13-2021 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I don't care. 11am ain't attractive.
    Not to you nor me. But ESPN thought our matchup was more attractive than Ky-usce and bama-usm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    you gotta look at the TV station. ESPN puts their best games on ESPN. Thus we were the 3rd pick & that's why we're at 11:00.

The only game you can complain about is Tennessee/Florida being ahead of us

It sucks & is a bad break

Our last two home games vs LSU we'll have been at 11:00 AM. Sucks
    And you wonder why we have problems getting fans to games? Look no further. 11 am is just fine if I wasn't planning to go to the game and was just going to watch on the tube. One of the issues people don't take into consideration is that MSU fans have to travel further on average to get to Starkville for live games than any other fanbase in the SEC. And that is because there is no population center nearby to Starkville. So due to that, having every game on TV impacts us the most in the SEC with getting fans to come and then when you add in shitty kickoff times like this it just makes the problem that much worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We are the more attractive match up. That's why we are at 11.

The order goes:

2:30
    Night ESPN
    11 ESPN
    Night ESPN 2
    Night sec network

The problem here is 3 and 4 in the pecking order should be switched.
    Yeah but then you'd have two big games at the same time versus one at 11. The way it's spread out maximizes their viewers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And you wonder why we have problems getting fans to games? Look no further. 11 am is just fine if I wasn't planning to go to the game and was just going to watch on the tube. One of the issues people don't take into consideration is that MSU fans have to travel further on average to get to Starkville for live games than any other fanbase in the SEC. And that is because there is no population center nearby to Starkville. So due to that, having every game on TV impacts us the most in the SEC with getting fans to come and then when you add in shitty kickoff times like this it just makes the problem that much worse.
    Exactly! I have four season tickets and get to come to about two games a year. I live 650 miles from Starkville. It kills me that this game is not at night or at least in the afternoon.

vCash
    The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't have a clue as to how an 11 draws more to the TV vs night.

It's like spinal tap dude tryin to splain his amp-speaker.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 09-13-2021 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Typical NE mindset when viewing the South, they know what is better for us ignorant southerners.

TX & OU get in we may never get another night game.

Just wrong not to have 2-4 night games at DWS.

vCash
    LSU losing to UCLA hurt the appeal for this game. Had we both been going 3-0 into it and if Texas had beat Arky we might?ve got the 230. Those 2 upsets definitely hurt this time slot

vCash
    Well if State can?t beat a shitty LSU team at 11 AM, we sure don?t deserve a prime time game!

Earn it over the next 2 weeks! A 4-0 State team will be an attractive matchup. A 5-0 State team will be even more attractive! We have to ?earn? our spot!

vCash
    QUOTING LCDAWG
    ?The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.?

Agree with this. I am an LSU alumna, and this time slot sucks for fans but does give State a slight advantage. The LSU Tigers live for those night games. It is hard to explain, but if you have ever been to watch LSU at night, there is this palpable shift that happens once the sun goes down. That is when the Tigers wake up. Given their rather underwhelming performance thus far this year coupled with it being a super early game, they may be more like house cats than Tigers when they play State. Of course, this may just be superstitious bull poop on my part. Being a from Louisiana, we believe in that sort of thing. We tend to be a bit more superstitious than most.

Still, it really does suck for tailgating. My State group is trying to decide whether to pregame with mimosas and Bloody Marys and brunch food or to just party afterward with more traditional tailgate fare.

Oh, and though I would normally pull for LSU in this game, I had to switch allegiances at least temporarily. My daughter is now a trainer for the State football team, hence the switch. I may as well root for the team that gets our money. Plus, State has been good to her. We are happy she chose State over LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Only people watching bama/usm will be bama fans and they'll be doing something else by halftime. Talk about a clunker if your're looking for tv ratings.
    Mullet trim....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMomofaDawg View Post
    QUOTING LCDAWG
    ?The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.?

Agree with this. I am an LSU alumna, and this time slot sucks for fans but does give State a slight advantage. The LSU Tigers live for those night games. It is hard to explain, but if you have ever been to watch LSU at night, there is this palpable shift that happens once the sun goes down. That is when the Tigers wake up. Given their rather underwhelming performance thus far this year coupled with it being a super early game, they may be more like house cats than Tigers when they play State. Of course, this may just be superstitious bull poop on my part. Being a from Louisiana, we believe in that sort of thing. We tend to be a bit more superstitious than most.

Still, it really does suck for tailgating. My State group is trying to decide whether to pregame with mimosas and Bloody Marys and brunch food or to just party afterward with more traditional tailgate fare.

Oh, and though I would normally pull for LSU in this game, I had to switch allegiances at least temporarily. My daughter is now a trainer for the State football team, hence the switch. I may as well root for the team that gets our money. Plus, State has been good to her. We are happy she chose State over LSU.
    Good read sir. I was thinking it would be worse for the visiting team for those 11am games.

vCash
    11:00am is the best time to play them! They're powers are at their lowest because they gain strength through the day drinking and eating gumbo.

vCash
    I don't mind it as a fan watching at home. Get our game out of the way early and can get into other things later on or casually watch some other games stress free. If you're attending a game and tailgating its the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Mullet trim....
    LOL... It's hard for us to make that joke after our last game. They kept showing this poor state student with a albeit beautiful mullet and a cut of t-shirt like the whole game.

I mean do we really not have attractive people to show in our stands?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    LOL... It's hard for us to make that joke after our last game. They kept showing this poor state student with a albeit beautiful mullet and a cut of t-shirt like the whole game.

I mean do we really not have attractive people to show in our stands?
    No shit. The vast majority don't look like that but they give us a red hot poker in the butt. Oh, is there such thing as a beautiful mullet?

vCash
    People at ESPN are really not thinking about 11:00 AM; they're thinking 12 PM Noon because that's where the powers that be live and work.