Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That wasn't the mantra last week. Now we've moved goalposts to Memphis so let's see what happens. One of you blind squirrels has got to find a nut somewhere.
    I bet a large sum on MSU +1.5 over NC State.

vCash
    I know the offense has been concerning but I have enjoyed seeing that bulldog toughness being brought back into our program. We had lost it under slomo. I personally think the offense is going to start clicking soon but I understand the people that are not entirely on board with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I know the offense has been concerning but I have enjoyed seeing that bulldog toughness being brought back into our program. We had lost it under slomo. I personally think the offense is going to start clicking soon but I understand the people that are not entirely on board with it.
    Leach made the point that we left 100 yards of offense out there on 3 plays. I normally hate that kind of stuff-reminds me of something Croom would say. But in this case, he is definitely right. Rogers had a pretty easy throw to Walley that would have been at least 30 yards, probably more. And then Jamire Calvin and Dillon Johnson had to dive for balls that if we make good throws go for big gains. And they weren't terrible difficult throw to make. So at least there's some stuff out there. Last year, I didn't see many opportunties. The Oline is definitely protecting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Might as well shut down the message board, lol.
    I guess if the message board is just for beating the dead horse over the same specific thing you don't like about a coach that isn't ever changing, yeah shut it down. Or not, people can spend their time pissed off that the sky is blue, I just don't see the point in it.

Complaining about the fundamentals of the Mike Leach air raid is the lowest fruit on the State fan tree right now. I'd like to think there's more to discuss. But by all means continue talking about how great it would be if the sky was green if that's what y'all think is entertaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    In NO way, shape, or form is Memphis a gimme. I think we will lose or squeak by. I feel worse about it than I did NC state. The line is us -3 right now.

This is not mullen. We will be up for big games and knock somebody off in a game where we we were the underdog every year, like this past Saturday. But we will also look like crap in some games we are supposed to win. That has been leach for years. Our fanbase still doesn't grasp that.
    That actually sounds like Mullen. Even in 2014 what happened with OM ... we should've crushed them especially since most of their team was the walking wounded. Outside of 2017 ... Mullen did what you just described all the time.

However, for my money Mullen and Leach are 2 guys that historically can do the most with the least from a recruiting rankings standpoint. But both can also lay occasional eggs or barely squeak by mediocre teams their team should destroy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    NC State is not an SEC West caliber team. But we won that game thanks to an outstanding performance from our Defense and the Tulu kick return.
    HAHA. Ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    17 points and 300 yards of offense- basically lower half of the country
    Eat crow better. Bad look.

The game was over starting the fourth quarter. It's not like we needed yards or points.
    And will missed 23, 11, and 10 for TD. Two of them long TD. That's not offense. That's execution.

And I still think our offense is meh and Memphis is a toss up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    That actually sounds like Mullen. Even in 2014 what happened with OM ... we should've crushed them especially since most of their team was the walking wounded. Outside of 2017 ... Mullen did what you just described all the time.

However, for my money Mullen and Leach are 2 guys that historically can do the most with the least from a recruiting rankings standpoint. But both can also lay occasional eggs or barely squeak by mediocre teams their team should destroy.
    Mullen lost, I believe, 3 games in 9 years as a favorite. Bout the same number of wins as an underdog too. 95% of the time with Dan, you can correctly say who will win the game before it is played.

vCash
    Mullen lost, I believe, 3 games in 9 years as a favorite. Bout the same number of wins as an underdog too. 95% of the time with Dan, you can correctly say who will win the game before it is played.
    This is true but Mullen also had some extremely close calls against teams who we were way more talented than, similar to the la tech game. Mullen had at least one a year.

vCash
    HAHA. Ok.
    do you think our offense won that game? Were you one of the posters saying La Tech was actually a lot better than advertised. They beat SE LA on saturday by 3 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is true but Mullen also had some extremely close calls against teams who we were way more talented than, similar to the la tech game. Mullen had at least one a year.
    True

vCash
    do you think our offense won that game? Were you one of the posters saying La Tech was actually a lot better than advertised. They beat SE LA on saturday by 3 points.
    No I don't think that. I think the team as a whole win it, led by the defense. I think our offense is meh at best and Memphis is a toss up.

I was laughing at the idea that NC state is not a sec west caliber team. C34 is as football smart as anybody on here and said they were double digits better than us. The majority of posters in the prediction thread picked them. They are capable of beating (and losing to) everybody in the west not named Bama. Same way we are. If that game is in Raleigh the other night, they certainly could have beaten us. And we are a sec west caliber team.

I think la tech is solid, yes. I don't know if I said they are better than advertised. Interestingly, they play nc state in a couple of weeks.

vCash
    True
    You are right though, nothing and i mean nothing is ever a given for us in sports, or at least very few.

vCash
    I would bet my hat that if we were snapping the ball 10 to 20 seconds into the play clock we would be rolling on O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That wasn't the mantra last week. Now we've moved goalposts to Memphis so let's see what happens. One of you blind squirrels has got to find a nut somewhere.
    Ha, ha! Exactly. These ppl hated Mullen winning 4 OoC games and whipping KY and Vandy every year. Now that he's not here, he was the greatest coach ever! You can't win with these ppl, they are never happy.

vCash
    True but he had several squeakers like La Tech this year. And we would all be pissed about it just like we were La Tech. In 2011 he beat La Tech 26-20 in OT. In 2013 he beat Bowling Green 21-20. In 2016 with a team somewhat comparable in experience to this team, he lost 21-20 to USA, then lost later to BYU & KY, then squeaked by Miami, OH 17-16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Ha, ha! Exactly. These ppl hated Mullen winning 4 OoC games and whipping KY and Vandy every year. Now that he's not here, he was the greatest coach ever! You can't win with these ppl, they are never happy.
    The majority of people loved Mullen until he started looking to leave around Thanksgiving every year.

vCash
    The majority of people loved Mullen until he started looking to leave around Thanksgiving every year.
    So, beloved until 2012.

vCash
    True but he had several squeakers like La Tech this year. And we would all be pissed about it just like we were La Tech. In 2011 he beat La Tech 26-20 in OT. In 2013 he beat Bowling Green 21-20. In 2016 with a team somewhat comparable in experience to this team, he lost 21-20 to USA, then lost later to BYU & KY, then squeaked by Miami, OH 17-16.
    That's true. That's why winning last week was huge. Winning ugly is ok. Just don't need to lose those.

Dan averaged 7.1-4.9 regular season. I think leach can duplicate that.

vCash
    It's only because Mullen's went vanilla in those games*****

I couldn't resist!