Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We looked better, but the offense is still not good. Doesn't mean I hate Leach, like R2Dawg said, it just means I don't share your opinion. I also don't know where y'all are getting this "6-7 wins is the floor now", stuff....outside of Memphis, Vandy, and Tennessee State, there are no gimmes. And considering how little our offense is putting up points (only 2 scores yesterday), some might not consider Memphis a gimme either.

I would love nothing more than for Leach to win big here....but so far through a season and 2 games, the only true weakness on our team is his unit. So until that unit shows some semblance of life, I can't see us winning under him, and I surely can't put automatic wins on the schedule after squeaking by La Tech after trailing by 20. I hope he turns the offense into a force sooner than later, but for anyone to wonder why some may have doubts, is willfully sticking your head in the sand.

I'll agree to disagree with your opinion, and hope that things turn out the way we both want them to...which is with the offense clicking and creating one hell of a team, bc our defense is already more than pulling their weight.
    This.
    I’m glad we won but we still can’t score much at all and still have a Qb that can’t see downfield and won’t throw it 2nd level unless it’s a pre snap call. I would take 6-6 right now and could easily see 5-7.

vCash
    Leach is very frustrating because he could be great today like he was great 20 years ago but he doesn't care at all to adjust his offense. Briles and Riley took his passing concepts and married it to a power spread running game and their offenses became dynamic. We also know that going to traditional splits helps the running game but doesn't hurt the passing game. Leach has no interest in doing either and that level of hubris/stubborness is mindblowing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Leach is very frustrating because he could be great today like he was great 20 years ago but he doesn't care at all to adjust his offense. Briles and Riley took his passing concepts and married it to a power spread running game and their offenses became dynamic. We also know that going to traditional splits helps the running game but doesn't hurt the passing game. Leach has no interest in doing either and that level of hubris/stubborness is mindblowing.
    I get what you're saying, but it shouldn't be mind blowing. Every head coach has those things fans think they are being stubborn about. This is especially true for successful coaches because they have less incentive to change. They've done something the same way their entire career, been successful and therefore aren't deviating. Leach has wide splits, Mullen has Hevesy. Everyone has something or multiple things, even if not as apparent.

Sure you can point to guys like Saban that have "adjusted" over time in one way or another, but I'm sure there are things about his approach that he could change to improve, it's just masked by the overwhelming talent he has accumulated.

Point being, there's not a perfect head coach so the "if they would only" thing is just a waste of time. Leach has been successful. We signed up for that just like we signed up for all his other quirks. They're such a package deal I don't see the point in spending energy wishing it was different. Thats the way I look at it, at least.

vCash
    We looked better, but the offense is still not good. Doesn't mean I hate Leach, like R2Dawg said, it just means I don't share your opinion. I also don't know where y'all are getting this "6-7 wins is the floor now", stuff....outside of Memphis, Vandy, and Tennessee State, there are no gimmes. And considering how little our offense is putting up points (only 2 scores yesterday), some might not consider Memphis a gimme either.

I would love nothing more than for Leach to win big here....but so far through a season and 2 games, the only true weakness on our team is his unit. So until that unit shows some semblance of life, I can't see us winning under him, and I surely can't put automatic wins on the schedule after squeaking by La Tech after trailing by 20. I hope he turns the offense into a force sooner than later, but for anyone to wonder why some may have doubts, is willfully sticking your head in the sand.

I'll agree to disagree with your opinion, and hope that things turn out the way we both want them to...which is with the offense clicking and creating one hell of a team, bc our defense is already more than pulling their weight.
    This is the post right here- well done.

While it's only 2 games- some numbers:

We are 79th in the country in Total Offense (Memphis leads the country)
    We are 16th in the country is Passing Offense
    We are 71st in the country in Scoring Offense
    We are 128th in Rushing Offense (which will be about where we finish)

Our fans will continue to make excuses because thats what our fans do- but at some point the offense has to deliver results. I dont see anything going on with the offense that leads me to believe we will score many points against a defense with a pulse.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Point being, there's not a perfect head coach so the "if they would only" thing is just a waste of time. Leach has been successful. We signed up for that just like we signed up for all his other quirks. They're such a package deal I don't see the point in spending energy wishing it was different. Thats the way I look at it, at least.
    Might as well shut down the message board, lol.

vCash
    This all day. His refusal to tweak or change a little is the problem. You can get away with it in other conferences- not the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This all day. His refusal to tweak or change a little is the problem. You can get away with it in other conferences- not the SEC
    Aren't you supposed to be kicking rocks?

vCash
    Also, it is ok for me to hate our fourth and short offense?

I have zero confidence we will make it.

Now, I also have 100% confidence our defense is getting off the field on 3rd and 7+, so that helps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Also, it is ok for me to hate our fourth and short offense?

I have zero confidence we will make it.

Now, I also have 100% confidence our defense is getting off the field on 3rd and 7+, so that helps.
    Yes, it is ok for you to hate our 4th and short offense. For this offense, 4th and 4 and 4th and an inch are the same thing. Also, you can't be called an offensive genius if your QB has to take a shotgun snap in the victory formation.

vCash

Our fans will continue to make excuses because thats what our fans do- but at some point the offense has to deliver results. I dont see anything going on with the offense that leads me to believe we will score many points against a defense with a pulse.
    How is the offense going to look good against such a veteran and dominate team like NC State. I lost my trailer home after taking NC State because you said we had no shot at beating them.

vCash

5 wins is the floor. That's assuming that if we have a patented Mike Leach wtf loss that we also offset it with a patented Mike Leach upset.

But after those five wins, you have UK, A&M, LSU, Arky, and Ole Miss that look winnable now. Don't expect to be favored in any of those, but none of those five look out of reach. If I were forced to make a bet, I'd put the bet on 6 wins. I don't think 7 wins is that much less likely than 5 wins though.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Nothing is a lean to a win other than Tenn State or whoever that is.
    Everything else is a battle. Time to strap it up and get after it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    How is the offense going to look good against such a veteran and dominate team like NC State. I lost my trailer home after taking NC State because you said we had no shot at beating them.
    17 points and 300 yards of offense- basically lower half of the country

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Nothing is a lean to a win other than Tenn State or whoever that is.
    Everything else is a battle. Time to strap it up and get after it.
    Vandy is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    NC State is not an SEC West caliber team. But we won that game thanks to an outstanding performance from our Defense and the Tulu kick return.

Banned
    vCash

Memphis has played Nichols and A-sate. Their offensive numbers mean absolute Dick.

vCash
    NC State is not an SEC West caliber team. But we won that game thanks to an outstanding performance from our Defense and the Tulu kick return.
    That wasn't the mantra last week. Now we've moved goalposts to Memphis so let's see what happens. One of you blind squirrels has got to find a nut somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Memphis has played Nichols and A-sate. Their offensive numbers mean absolute Dick.
    Completely agree - I don't understand the -3 line. Its honestly one of the most confusing lines I've ever seen. It should easily be -10 or more. I thought it would be around -14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That wasn't the mantra last week. Now we've moved goalposts to Memphis so let's see what happens. One of you blind squirrels has got to find a nut somewhere.
    To be fair - everyone was saying La Tech was awful before our game, and then they were a borderline playoff team after the game, so at least we are consistent.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Completely agree - I don't understand the -3 line. Its honestly one of the most confusing lines I've ever seen. It should easily be -10 or more. I thought it would be around -14.
    The line shocks me too and if it doesn't move I'll have a tad bit of concern.