Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop

vCash

Stop

Despite all the hate, we actually have a pretty good team. We will never make everyone happy under Leach. But he is a tried and true winner. He can coach. Was the best coach that we could have possibly hired.

Yes he is better than Clark and Napier. I like both of them but they are not Leach. Anyone who has ever spent a good amount of time in the air raid, or just even watching the pure version of it you know that you will have some 3 and outs. It is just part of it. You will miss some throws. Will missed Walley on the first drive for a TD. Polk runs a slant instead of a glance and we miss it by inches. We are close.

The defense stepped on their throats and made them quit. The players and Arnett do an exceptional job of giving you a lot of different looks and tackled much better than we did a week ago. We also got a lot more pressure. Jett Johnson and Charlton were big time.

We are going to win 7-9 games. 7 is the floor right now. We have a pretty good team and a lot to be proud of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Despite all the hate, we actually have a pretty good team. We will never make everyone happy under Leach. But he is a tried and true winner. He can coach. Was the best coach that we could have possibly hired.

Yes he is better than Clark and Napier. I like both of them but they are not Leach. Anyone who has ever spent a good amount of time in the air raid, or just even watching the pure version of it you know that you will have some 3 and outs. It is just part of it. You will miss some throws. Will missed Walley on the first drive for a TD. Polk runs a slant instead of a glance and we miss it by inches. We are close.

The defense stepped on their throats and made them quit. The players and Arnett do an exceptional job of giving you a lot of different looks and tackled much better than we did a week ago. We also got a lot more pressure. Jett Johnson and Charlton were big time.

We are going to win 7-9 games. 7 is the floor right now. We have a pretty good team and a lot to be proud of.
    You are right on. Thanks!

Banned
    vCash

Thank you good read. I was looking today and saw 7 maybe 8 with a lucky bounce or 2.

vCash
    Something else, when you throw the ball 50 times a game you are going to have sacks and interceptions. Hopefully you can limit them like yesterday and get more take a ways like yesterday. We have played two really veteran teams and won. I'm happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Something else, when you throw the ball 50 times a game you are going to have sacks and interceptions. Hopefully you can limit them like yesterday and get more take a ways like yesterday. We have played two really veteran teams and won. I'm happy.
    Totally agree!

vCash
    We have some things to cleanup for sure but we are 2-0. This team is gritty and has some stones and I love that mentality. We're not there yet but we play extremely hard on both sides of the ball, which is way more than we saw with JoMo. We are in great physical shape too. We were fresh in 4th quarter and nc state was gassed(obviously la tech was too in game 1). Nc state ol was holding the entire 4th quarter because we were fresh and bringing it and they were done.

vCash

While you're here Bucky, what's your take on Will not running when he has green - is that coached or just him needing to mature into that?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Commercecomet24;1360938]We have some things to cleanup for sure but we are 2-0.

Then there's 'the expert' football coaches ...

Coach34 said:
    09-05-2021 07:24
    I think NC State is at least 10 points better than us
    Just out here kicking rocks
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    [QUOTE=BiscuitEater;1360941]
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We have some things to cleanup for sure but we are 2-0.

Then there's 'the expert' football coaches ...

Coach34 said:
    09-05-2021 07:24
    I think NC State is at least 10 points better than us
    Just out here kicking rocks
    Yeah and we're already halfway to those 4 wins too lol!

vCash
    This offense works when the players work it properly. We were run dominant forever. It just takes a while to turn the pirate ship around but we have the pieces now. They?re just young and are still inexperienced.

Just wait until we have more experience on offense. Will, Tulu, Walley, etc are all still technically freshmen.

Just wait until we really stack recruiting classes to this offense. How many QBs and WRs want to be in an offense that throws the ball 50 times a game?

vCash
    Also, go back and watch the replay on the TD pass to Walley where so many said he should have ran it in…..

There were three defensive players playing on the goal line and two hit him as he threw the TD pass.

Bottom line, Will made the correct call.

vCash
    We certainly looked better. We can win 6 games as floor, any more is a bonus. Our D is very good. O still has a ways to go but did a few more improved things Sat - throw downfield some for one.

Why do some of you sink to calling anyone a hater who has a different opinion about something? Just because everyone on here don't think Leach is the messiah of coaches don't mean anyone hates anybody.

Good grief. Some of you need to chill; it is an opinion message board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We certainly looked better. We can win 6 games as floor, any more is a bonus. Our D is very good. O still has a ways to go but did a few more improved things Sat - throw downfield some for one.

Why do some of you sink to calling anyone a hater who has a different opinion about something? Just because everyone on here don't think Leach is the messiah of coaches don't mean anyone hates anybody.

Good grief. Some of you need to chill; it is an opinion message board.
    I agree with you that we need to see some more downfield throws. There are guys getting open but Will checks down to the back. I don't know if he's scared to push downfield b/c he might get a pick or what. He had Polk open for a huge gain in the 4th but checked down to Johnson for maybe a yard. Leach let him know it when he went back to the sideline. Gotta do better.

vCash
    We looked better, but the offense is still not good. Doesn't mean I hate Leach, like R2Dawg said, it just means I don't share your opinion. I also don't know where y'all are getting this "6-7 wins is the floor now", stuff....outside of Memphis, Vandy, and Tennessee State, there are no gimmes. And considering how little our offense is putting up points (only 2 scores yesterday), some might not consider Memphis a gimme either.

I would love nothing more than for Leach to win big here....but so far through a season and 2 games, the only true weakness on our team is his unit. So until that unit shows some semblance of life, I can't see us winning under him, and I surely can't put automatic wins on the schedule after squeaking by La Tech after trailing by 20. I hope he turns the offense into a force sooner than later, but for anyone to wonder why some may have doubts, is willfully sticking your head in the sand.

I'll agree to disagree with your opinion, and hope that things turn out the way we both want them to...which is with the offense clicking and creating one hell of a team, bc our defense is already more than pulling their weight.

vCash
    Bucky- What's your take on why Will isn't throwing the ball down the field more?

vCash

+1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    While you're here Bucky, what's your take on Will not running when he has green - is that coached or just him needing to mature into that?
    Coached. Leach is ok with it but coaches against it.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Best post I’ve seen on here in a long long time. Accept your rep sir.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    This offense works when the players work it properly. We were run dominant forever. It just takes a while to turn the pirate ship around but we have the pieces now. They?re just young and are still inexperienced.

Just wait until we have more experience on offense. Will, Tulu, Walley, etc are all still technically freshmen.

Just wait until we really stack recruiting classes to this offense. How many QBs and WRs want to be in an offense that throws the ball 50 times a game?
    Truth
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We looked better, but the offense is still not good. Doesn't mean I hate Leach, like R2Dawg said, it just means I don't share your opinion. I also don't know where y'all are getting this "6-7 wins is the floor now", stuff....outside of Memphis, Vandy, and Tennessee State, there are no gimmes. And considering how little our offense is putting up points (only 2 scores yesterday), some might not consider Memphis a gimme either.

I would love nothing more than for Leach to win big here....but so far through a season and 2 games, the only true weakness on our team is his unit. So until that unit shows some semblance of life, I can't see us winning under him, and I surely can't put automatic wins on the schedule after squeaking by La Tech after trailing by 20. I hope he turns the offense into a force sooner than later, but for anyone to wonder why some may have doubts, is willfully sticking your head in the sand.

I'll agree to disagree with your opinion, and hope that things turn out the way we both want them to...which is with the offense clicking and creating one hell of a team, bc our defense is already more than pulling their weight.
    In NO way, shape, or form is Memphis a gimme. I think we will lose or squeak by. I feel worse about it than I did NC state. The line is us -3 right now.

This is not mullen. We will be up for big games and knock somebody off in a game where we we were the underdog every year, like this past Saturday. But we will also look like crap in some games we are supposed to win. That has been leach for years. Our fanbase still doesn't grasp that.