Thread: My outlook on Moorhead has changed

vCash

My outlook on Moorhead has changed

I actually respect him and he really was a good hire when it happened it is just really hard to measure if that person has that quality that can handle the big time and scrutiny of the SEC. He is a good coach he just couldn?t handle the heat.

What I appreciate it is he was self aware enough to realize he was not cut out for the SEC and could admit it and that?s why he didn?t mind parting ways after only 2 years and thanking the Starkville community even after we all talked shit to him. Even though I?ll never forgive him for the 2018 team he has my respect. He beat Ole Miss too. I hope he ends up killing it somewhere.

vCash
    He can go kick rocks and pound sand. He can also KMA while he's at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I actually respect him and he really was a good hire when it happened it is just really hard to measure if that person has that quality that can handle the big time and scrutiny of the SEC. He is a good coach he just couldn?t handle the heat.

What I appreciate it is he was self aware enough to realize he was not cut out for the SEC and could admit it and that?s why he didn?t mind parting ways after only 2 years and thanking the Starkville community even after we all talked shit to him. Even though I?ll never forgive him for the 2018 team he has my respect. He beat Ole Miss too. I hope he ends up killing it somewhere.
    When did he admit he wasn't cut out for the SEC?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Lol yeah he was a moron for saying that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Oh he knew he was in over his head that is why he was totally cool and didn?t put up a fight. It was a mutual parting for sure.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well he just is not a big time head coach at this time in his career. He didn?t do his job. It?s that simple.

vCash
    He's a good oc but he was in over his head here. He lost control of the locker room and it showed on the field. Always heard you're promoted to the level of your incompetence and jomo was the definition of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post

Hardly any questioned his OC abilities. As HC he was over his head, in the SEC he was over his head. And he was a moron with his over the top comments about MSU and our fanbase publicly.

vCash
    Joe Moorhead is not a moron. He was just a bad fit as HC at State. His strong suit seems to be an OC. He probably realizes that..good luck to Joe

vCash
    He coddles players and wants to be their buddy. You can do that and be effective as an OC but no way can you do that and be an effective SEC HC.

vCash
    I still say Cohen shoulda recognized the signs that he wasn’t cut out for it during the interview. It was painfully obvious during his open PC and then more so during his first game. His record against OM is based solely on the fact that they had an even bigger in over his head moron running their program at that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Joe Moorhead is not a moron. He was just a bad fit as HC at State. His strong suit seems to be an OC. He probably realizes that..good luck to Joe
    He was for what he routinely said in public about MSU fans and MSU. Yes he was. Is he a good OC, probably so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I still say Cohen shoulda recognized the signs that he wasn’t cut out for it during the interview. It was painfully obvious during his open PC and then more so during his first game. His record against OM is based solely on the fact that they had an even bigger in over his head moron running their program at that time.
    That and we just had more talent than them then even Joe couldn't screw that up just doing a few basic things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe he is just a great OC and not a great Head Coach. I have seen this at different companies in my career. Some people just get the work done, but can’t manage a group at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That presser after the UK loss had be getting the vibe he was in over his head but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. After the complete dick kicking we got from Kansas St. the next year I knew he had to go. He may be a good OC (HCs probably have him on a leash) but as the head guy he ain't got it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    This.

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, he didn't throw us under the bus or make excuses after we fired him. He knew deep down it was deserved. He's a good guy and I hope he has success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This.

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, he didn't throw us under the bus or make excuses after we fired him. He knew deep down it was deserved. He's a good guy and I hope he has success.
    No he didn't do it after he was fired, even worse he did it while he was HC. He seemed like a nice guy but his attitude and remarks towards MSU and fans was beyond unacceptable.

vCash
    He just wasn't a fit for MSU. He'll get another opportunity at some PAC 12 or Big 10 school and do fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    <heart emoji>