Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm worried about the Memphis game

vCash
    I'm pretty sure 1993 was our last loss to them. I worked with a former Memphis Tiger player. He told me more than once about how good they looked in practice. I was young and talking smack. That was a tough Monday.

I think 2003 was their next best chance to beat us. They had a really good team with Deangelo Williams. We were bad. I thought for sure they'd beat us. They didn't. Good win that day. The day Jackie and Tommy West had a long post game hand shake.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-12-2021 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'm pretty sure 1993 was our last loss to them. I worked with a former Memphis Tiger player. He told me more than once about how good they looked in practice. I was young and talking smack. That was a tough Monday.

I think 2003 was their next best chance to beat us. They had a really good team with Deangelo Williams. We were bad. I thought for sure they'd beat us. They didn't. Good win that day. The day Jackie and Tommy West had a long post game hand shake.
    Yes, '93 was our last loss. We have won 12 straight against them now, but haven't played since '11.

vCash
    Defense travels.
    Unless we turn it over a bunch this game shouldn’t be a problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Defense travels.
    Unless we turn it over a bunch this game shouldn’t be a problem
    I watched the highlights of the Memphis/Arkansas St. game. Both defenses were atrocious. The Memphis QB was throwing to wide open guys w/ zero pressure on him. The defense he'll see next Saturday is a different beast altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I watched the highlights of the Memphis/Arkansas St. game. Both defenses were atrocious. The Memphis QB was throwing to wide open guys w/ zero pressure on him. The defense he'll see next Saturday is a different beast altogether.
    Yeah Memphis defense is bad. They have some fast skill players on offense but their defense sucks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Oh....that was nasty. Involved JLD. Lived in same complex with Tulane's DC and we became friends. Same year they beat us in the Dome. He knew one of our position coaches who said he begged JWS not to fire JLD. those were not the best of times.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The biggest concern I have is that we are an immature team. We are on the road for the first time with a young team. It won’t be a true road game but still. They will be fired up and they have an offense good enough to score on us. Mike Leach has a bad history with these type teams and consistency so I will forever worry about these games we “should” win while he is our coach. It’s going to be the opposite of Mullen with Leach. There is no telling if we are gonna beat Memphis but we may also beat a team or 2 we have no business competing with.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Memphis has come a long way the past 7-10 years with football.
    They have a ton of solid 3⭐️ players on that roster who carry big chips on their soldier against P5 teams because they were overlooked.
    I?m not saying we should or could lose, but they have enough talent to upset us if we don?t take care of business.

vCash
    It?s by no means a sure win. But if we play well we should be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    It?s by no means a sure win. But if we play well we should be fine.
    Yep. The offense needs to really show something in this game.

vCash
    If you take anyone for granted in sports it can bite you square on the old keester

vCash
    5-7
    Unless we improve offensively

vCash
    This game is going to be tougher than NC State. Not because they are a better team but because of their scheme and because it's Super Bowl time in their yard.

vCash
    I always fear injuries when we play on the turf.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Don't be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep. The offense needs to really show something in this game.
    Yep this is the game I expect or hope to see the O look more pretty against a suspect D. If we don't look good on O, then SEC year will be tough. Be similar to 07 when we road our D to 8 wins.

vCash
    I saw Gabriel Rogers father the other day. Rogers is #9 for the Tigers and plays WR. Played at Callaway High School. His dad said that they had this game circled on their schedules and have been talking about it since last year. Hope we take them serous and show up for the game. I think we will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The biggest concern I have is that we are an immature team. We are on the road for the first time with a young team. It won’t be a true road game but still. They will be fired up and they have an offense good enough to score on us. Mike Leach has a bad history with these type teams and consistency so I will forever worry about these games we “should” win while he is our coach. It’s going to be the opposite of Mullen with Leach. There is no telling if we are gonna beat Memphis but we may also beat a team or 2 we have no business competing with.
    Exactly. We're immature. And I'm worried about Rogers checking everything in creation down. But the biggest worry I have is us turning the ball over a ton.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I always fear injuries when we play on the turf.
    Shit. Thought liberty bowl was still grass.

vCash
    Memphis will be better than NC State or La Tech.