Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm worried about the Memphis game

vCash

I'm worried about the Memphis game

It's our first road game and they're going to treat it like their Super Bowl like when they play Ole Miss. I'm also worried about turnovers as always. We have to make sure we hold onto the ball like we did against NC State.

So when I say worried I mean more worried than some of our fans seems to be. I see people already talking about 3-0 coming in against LSU and we're not good enough to just show up and waltz through Memphis.

Banned
    vCash
    No. tiger high gave up fiddy to arkie state. Gonna be a curb stomp then Bullies and Blues on Beale.

vCash
    I think they're gonna challenge our defense bc they can exploit our weakness, deep ball. I expect the offense to look much better next week though. I say 35-31 state

vCash
    From what I saw yesterday Arnett will have this defense ready for whatever they try. Our offense is slowly coming together. I'm cautiously optimistic.

vCash
    I agree. This is the type of game we would historically struggle with. And we have failed to make anything easy so far. Close win, loss, blowout win…of those 3 a blowout win seems the least likely. I’ll take a similar game to last nite right now and take the 3-0 start.

vCash

I worry about every game in every sport

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think they're gonna challenge our defense bc they can exploit our weakness, deep ball. I expect the offense to look much better next week though. I say 35-31 state
    Yes Tiger High will play better
    Yes our first road game

I think we play well enough to pull out a 10 pt win

vCash
    Arnett sold out for the run for NC State. Crumedy pushed their future NFL left tackle around like rag doll. I think we back off on Memphis b/c of their passing. I think we see Will throw some deeper passes. If we are challenged by Memphis' defense for most of the game I'll get the worries.

vCash
    It's definitely a trap game. If it was an 11 AM kickoff, I'd be very worried. But it's still a game we should win.

vCash
    Our fans will show up and be loud and propel our team to victory. LaTech was our wake up call. Leach won?t let us go back to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    No. tiger high gave up fiddy to arkie state. Gonna be a curb stomp then Bullies and Blues on Beale.
    Was that an overtime game? Score sounded like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't think thier o line is going to give them a chance to go deep on our defense d line. I see many TFL and Sacks. No way thier O Line is as good as NC State.

vCash
    Im not going to spend one minute worrying about a team that gave up 50 points to Arky St.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Was that an overtime game? Score sounded like it.
    Don't think so. Tiger high. Even before I did my 12 year stint in mempho hated them cuz of baseball. Polk always getting tossed up there. I remember him explaining one and he said they were "homering" us. LMAO. I remember listening to tiger high radio when they were in Vegas and their announcer bitched about a call strike and said "no wonder they win so much". 17 them.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 09-12-2021 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Im not going to spend one minute worrying about a team that gave up 50 points to Arky St.
    "I'm not going to spend one minute worrying about a team that gave up 34 points to Louisiana Tech" .... Memphis fan

Just saying every game is different and you should always bring your 1A team unless your name is Alabama.

vCash
    nothing like getting a head start on crapping on the team.

I just typed this to see how much V cash I had left.

bet against Vandy they learn how to score
    bet on bama they shit the bed by bama standards
    Georgia kind of saved me,
    Last edited by Offshore Dawg; 09-12-2021 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Outside of TN State, I'm worried about every game. Loved the win yesterday but our offense still needs lots of work. We still have long stretches where we don't produce anything. Yesterday we had 5 yards of offense in the entire 1st Q. 17 points out of your offense won't be good enough in most games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    nothing like getting a head start on crapping on the team.

I just typed this to see how much V cash I had left.

bet against Vandy they learn how to score
    bet on bama they shit the bed by bama standards
    Georgia kind of saved me,
    Todd is a big time optimist.

vCash
    Your about as positive as Brian Hadad!

vCash
    Memphis definitely gets hyped up for a SEC game. I believe they beat OM the last two times OM played there. We should win the game on talent, but it will be a contest. We can't make mistakes and kill our own drives. Score score score.

Our defense will be their toughest test so far. I like what I saw from the defense this weekend and if we carry that effort over to next Saturday. I really like our chances to win.

State 35. Memphis 17

vCash

When was the last time we lost to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Memphis definitely gets hyped up for a SEC game. I believe they beat OM the last two times OM played there. We should win the game on talent, but it will be a contest. We can't make mistakes and kill our own drives. Score score score.

Our defense will be their toughest test so far. I like what I saw from the defense this weekend and if we carry that effort over to next Saturday. I really like our chances to win.

State 35. Memphis 17
    been a while, i think.