Thread: I don't think Leach is a bad coach

vCash

I don't think Leach is a bad coach

I actually think a lot of his methods work.

But his inability to adjust his offense to the times has prevented him from being more than a caricature.

We can't run the ball, we've taken all athleticism away from the QB, and we are throwing the ball a stupid amount of times in a game we lead the majority of.

Leach's inability to adjust to what works in the SEC will ultimately be what defines his legacy with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I actually think a lot of his methods work.

But his inability to adjust his offense to the times has prevented him from being more than a caricature.

We can't run the ball, we've taken all athleticism away from the QB, and we are throwing the ball a stupid amount of times in a game we lead the majority of.

Leach's inability to adjust to what works in the SEC will ultimately be what defines his legacy with us.
    The fact that we didn't pick up the ball on the punt return means he is a bad coach. It goes without saying that the special teams guy needs to be fired.

vCash
    I agree with this. His offense is putrid because there is no guessing needed to defend it. Our QB isn't allowed to run so that automatically makes us outnumbered. These defenses have him figured out abd only an idiot wouldn't see that.

vCash
    He's a gravy training, lazy ass check casher.

vCash
    The Pirate has no imagination on offense.

vCash
    Did we pay him significantly more than Wash State? I will be honest I have no idea the financial gain Leach got from coming here, but I?m confused why he did. He clearly played Cohen but I?m just not sure what he wanted to accomplish since his reaction to these refs today proves he clearly doesn?t care

vCash
    As sorry as he is though, he is obviously an experienced jive ass because he duped Cohen/Keenum into a sweet deal. What a 17ing genius! And to top it off, just think how much closer Starkville is to Key West than Pullman! Gotta hand it to him. He's pulled off one of the best legal heists you will see.

vCash
    [QUOTE=State82;1363312]As sorry as he is though, he is obviously an experienced jive ass because he duped Cohen/Keenum into a sweet deal. What a 17ing genius! And to top it off, just think how much closer Starkville is to Key West than Pullman! Gotta hand it to him. He's pulled off one of the best legal heists you will see.

We basically pulled a South Carolina here. We got a baseball title because we hired an AD with a high baseball IQ and I will give Cohen an A+ with his Lemonis hire and baseball IQ. The problem though is that he can?t hire for any other sports. So we basically have an AD that knows 1 sport extremely well and nothing about the others. At least Ole Miss isn?t on clemson level though so Cohen can get away with it

vCash
    My biggest impression of Kentucky during the Mumme/Leach years is what a plastic team they were. They won 7-8 a few years.. but they were soft. They couldn't get tough yards. Their defense was soft. (So far our defense has been good).

Then when Mumme and Leach left Kentucky was reeling for years because their roster was so lopsided with receivers.

Cohen's idea to "modernize" our football program has merit. However there is a reason every sec team for the past 20 years passed on Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    My biggest impression of Kentucky during the Mumme/Leach years is what a plastic team they were. They won 7-8 a few years.. but they were soft. They couldn't get tough yards. Their defense was soft. (So far our defense has been good).

Then when Mumme and Leach left Kentucky was reeling for years because their roster was so lopsided with receivers.

Cohen's idea to "modernize" our football program has merit. However there is a reason every sec team for the past 20 years passed on Leach.
    True on UK and why we will be in big trouble in 2 years. It will take 5-7 years to rebuild the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

It was the probation that really had them set back. They got popped pretty good.

vCash
    I know Auburn was underwhelmed with their hire, but I would love to have Harsin